Thread: problems with Das Comnav configuration - nable to save some pages blank error message

Thanks

Question problems with Das Comnav configuration - nable to save some pages blank error message

All, i wonder if you can help with an issue i have with my comnav. i have looked in the forum previous posts and cant find a solution.

The problem i have is whenever i try to set parameters like Email , reporting and voice reporting i get the following error messages :
    • in email i get the message "port must be between and "
    • and for voice reporting "dial attempts must be and "

no matter what i enter it will alwyas show this message when clicking on "save config."

I have tried to enter port numbers as "25" as was suggested in one of the posts here, the commnav then accepts all parameters when click on "save config" however now the comnav display the port number as 0 no matter how i enter the number "25" or '25'. when i enter the port number as 25 without "" i get the message "port must be between and "

hope it makes sense and hope that some one can help in solving this issues

Look Here ->
    Thanks

my suggestion is to go into the module through the codepad and default - then try web interface again?

Thanks

STOP! Do not reset to default.

I had the same issue using google chrome to log in. Make sure you use internet explorer and you will no longer get the "between and " error.

Enjoy.

Thanks

Default same error

Hi im using ie 9/10 and I have the same error.

Did you ever get a fix for it.

Thanks

I use ie 8 on XP and it works fine. Sorry, I can't speak fo 9/10. I will say this comnav module sure is flakey. Not what you want from a security system.

Thanks

Unhappy dascomnav

Quote Originally Posted by Ubadoob View Post
    I use ie 8 on XP and it works fine. Sorry, I can't speak fo 9/10. I will say this comnav module sure is flakey. Not what you want from a security system.
    I have the same problem. The comnav will not except port 25. I even updated the firmware recently and that did nothing at all. Next was to replace the board, you guessed it that did nothing at all to solve the problem. So now I am looking at replacing the modem router, that's all that's left for me to replace.

If anyone has anything to add please let us know here.

Thanks

Replacing the router will do no good, looks like its a javascript error.

Your best bet would be trying a few different browsers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scribby View Post
    Replacing the router will do no good, looks like its a javascript error.

Your best bet would be trying a few different browsers.
    I was indeed able to use the ComNav on the older IE browser but after updating to IE 9 , it again gave the same error.
    what I am doing now is that I have installed windows XP mode on my Laptop and Use IE 8 to make any changes to the comnav. if you cant use XP mode then try and install IE 8. Firefox, Chrome or opera will not work

I wonder is there a new firmware for the device? mine is 0.60. also does anyone else have the issue is that when an alarm is tripped the comnav send multiple SMS messages and email messages ? I get about 30 when an alarm is tripped.

photog

Thanks

I have been able to edit all the setup values using an older version of FireFox.

Portable version is downloadable from...

This will allow you to edit the ComNav settings on any Windows operating system.

Thanks

You have to use a IE 9 or earlier, and you cannot downgrade. DAS are aware of the problem but as usual are taking their sweet time to do anything about it.

Thanks

Taking their sweet time because they have developed COMNAV version 2 which communicates through their "cloud" BS, making port forwarding etc redundant. They have their app for the ComNAV version 2 also.

Thanks

Unhappy dascomnav

I have been very disappointed with the comnav. I also have the same email problems and can not sent to port 25 and get the message description saying "must be between ? and ?". I have tried many things short of reprogramming the .Bin firmware file. I have updated the firmware to the latest and done all the other things you would normally do. I have even taken it back to the shop for replacement and I ended up getting the same one back because the feller mixed the cards up. Looks like I am going to end up buying another to prove the card is faulty.
    Last edited by bert; 29-08-13 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks

Default Comnav Problems

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    I have been very disappointed with the comnav. I also have the same email problems and can not sent to port 25 and get the message description saying "must be between ? and ?". I have tried many things short of reprogramming the .Bin firmware file. I have updated the firmware to the latest and done all the other things you would normally do. I have even taken it back to the shop for replacement and I ended up getting the same one back because the feller mixed the cards up. Looks like I am going to end up buying another to prove the card is faulty.
    Don't waster your time, we have installed at least 30 of these and as long as we use internet explorer 9 or earlier we can configure them fine. We have kept an old laptop that we use just for this purpose. DAS are aware of the problem and have advised they are stripping back all the security features of the comnav so it will work with later versions of IE. However I will not hold my breath.

Thanks

Did they also inform you they are removing sms features on the comnav also?

Thanks

Default Email now working

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    Don't waster your time, we have installed at least 30 of these and as long as we use internet explorer 9 or earlier we can configure them fine. We have kept an old laptop that we use just for this purpose. DAS are aware of the problem and have advised they are stripping back all the security features of the comnav so it will work with later versions of IE. However I will not hold my breath.
    Thanks for the idea "öld dog", I DL, 2008 netscape navitgator browser and it works a treat with thier javascript. All works well, I recieve emails to all accounts but it not as good as i thought it would be. The comnav is ignored from the main board, so if you want reports you have to set the correct segments in the features. The only thing left now to complain about now is the reporting of alarms if someone exits the building or enters before the alarm activates. It does not do that.

Thanks

Default How to make Internet Explorer emulate earlier versions

Hi guys,
    just letting everyone know that you can make the latest version of IE emulate older versions to solve this problem.
    FYI I'm currently running Windows 8.1 with IE11 and have successfully set ComNav's SMTP port to 25 by using this method to emulate IE9:
    Open up ComNav login page then set IE to emulate IE9 by pressing F12, click "Emulation" then "Edge" and "9" from the dropdown list.
    You should now be able to login and set the SMTP port to 25.

Thanks

Default Comnan similiar and more problems

I had same issues plus replaced circuit board 3 times, had the system for 2 years and still only 60% operational ,every month I have an issues, I gave up and am in the process of ripping it out and installing another system,good luck