Thread: Anyone had this problem?

Banned
    Thanks

Default Anyone had this problem?

I have a NESS Eco 8 system that I work on for another security company. All I have done so far has been to change the user codes when new owners moved into the premises. 4 weeks ago they had a B&E via a door that was left unlocked. SMC received no reports so a full test was done on the system which was found to be working ok within its capabilities. Various suggestions were made to the owners about improvements. The majority of the floor space was covered by two small ceiling mount 360* PIRs which only provided marginal coverage at best. There was no internal siren of any kind & arming was done via "quick arm" method which only reported as a generic user 17 so no arming user ID.
    As usual NONE of these recomendations were acted upon.
    Last Tuesday there was another B&E via the same door (at least this time they locked it) & again there was no report to SMC. Went out & suffered the usual verbal abuse of incometentcy , waste of money, I'll go to another security company etc. She seemed to think I should have an instant answer as to how they got past the alarm & why it didn't go off. So a bit of detective work revealed this-

1) When staff came in the next morning Zones 1 & 2 were showing activation so it seems PIR detection was OK if this is true
    2) The panel shares a phone line with their eftos which has been ok so phone line probably ok
    3) Reporting log does not show a closing that night but due to No1 point above I'm guessing it was in fact armed
    4) What the SMC printout DOES show is multiple COSECUTIVE opens or closes for example-

Sunday 03:54:16 closing
    Sunday 1018 opening
    Sunday 1022 opening
    Sunday 16:44:12 closing
    Sunday 16:46:32 opening
    Monday 1455 opening
    Monday 1427 opening
    Tues 0935 opening
    Tues 16:44:39 closing
    Tues 16:59:31 opening
    Tues 21:46:28 opening
    BREAK AND ENTER
    Wed 0815 opening
    Thur 10:25:23 opening
    Thur 10:25:30 opening

So was the alarm on (see point 1) or off (reporting log). Was the report on Tues 21:46:28 actually the arming attempt & if so was it an operator fault or panel fault? Does the ness panel send an arming report when the panel actually arms OR just when the arming sequence of codepad buttons are pressed? I,m waiting to hear back from Ness but does anyone any logical way of reading this storey?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Mode 3?

Thanks

Was anything forced? Perhaps it's staff.

Thanks

Find out from the CMS what was the raw data transmitted from this site.This should determine where you go from there.

Thanks

Hi Watchdog,

This is like Dejavuh for me, We monitor for a client in NT who has an ECO 8 and something similar happened, They armed at approx 2100 and then they were broken into sometime during the night, problem being is they smashed the front display window to gain entry and there are 4 PIRS that criss cross to cover that window, to make matters worse there are 4 other PIRS that cover all the other rear rooms in the site and the intruders went into each and every room. We did not get a single alarm or signal between the arming that night and the disarming that morning, which rules out phone line being cut and to this day no one knows what happened.

Site was armed up as normal. We have had nothing but issues with the ECO 8 systems we take over.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Was anything forced? Perhaps it's staff.
    That had crossed my mind but regardless , I want to get to the bottom of the strange O/C reports. Been onto NESS tech support who put me onto an "engineer" who said that it was impossible for the panel to send a close report if it had not armed. Yeah , like it was impossible for the titanic to sink. Got onto SMC & requested the raw data & it was if I had asked to suck there brain out through their nose. It wasn't until I used the words forensic & litgation in the same sentence that they said OK

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Mode 3?
    As someone once famous said "please explain"

Banned
    Thanks

So - the raw data report backs up the open/close history report. Shows a string of 5 opens without a close. The B&E falls in the middle of this. At the end of the opens there is a Z1 & Z2 restoral report even though there has been no Z1 & Z2 activation report. Ness says this is impossible. Next step NESS ?

What little hair is left is fast disappearing

Thanks

I think Dan is asking if the phone line is wired in the mode 3 format.

What happens when you go to site, arm the system and walk past the sensors, what do SMC get?.

As for the raw data, the reason it is so hard to get is because the majority of their staff seem to not know what it is, ask for IT, takes a while but they have the Technical knowledge

Thanks

night switch ?, answer machine ?

make them go through a lockup proceedure with you and then test.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itscrowtime View Post
    I think Dan is asking if the phone line is wired in the mode 3 format.

What happens when you go to site, arm the system and walk past the sensors, what do SMC get?.

As for the raw data, the reason it is so hard to get is because the majority of their staff seem to not know what it is, ask for IT, takes a while but they have the Technical knowledge
    This was done after the first B&E. Everything worked fine. It was noted that it wasn't too difficult to find a path past the PIRs & hence the recommendations to upgrade/reposition them