Thread: Crow Runner 8 Dialer Issues

Thanks

Default Crow Runner 8 Dialer Issues

Hi Guys, I read here some don't like crow's and I am beginning to be a follower of that thought.

After many years of using NX panels and enjoying them I move states and end up working with Crow, so working on this one with a permaconn and everything except reporting is happening OK.

The dialer is setup for Contact ID, it is enabled and was setup for blind dial cause of having only permaconn as connection through a di300, well that doesn't want to report so step back and connect up PSTN, that doesn't want to work so step back and disconnect the permaconn and run PSTN direct.

Well monitoring the call you get Off-hock, one dtmf tone and then it waits and waits and waits, then phone line times out and so does the dialer to go around again.

I can't seem to find were that one dtmf tone is, there is nothing in the prefix settings, the phone number is correct for the monitoring centre, the CID is correct but still it just gives this one tone and then waits to time out.

Anyone have any ideas on where to look? Worst of all I didn't think to get the software either before everyone closed so I can't even dial into it to look at the whole picture rather than through the LED pad. I am beginning to think I should stay with NX panels and stay AWAY from Crow at this point if this is going to be a part of an ongoing issues stream as seems with some people already on here.

Advice would be great and at this point would even be happy to prove security license directly is someone has some ideas on what the hell is driving me round the bend and take up drinking nearly.

Thanks
    Dave

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are you using the Ultra 8 or the Runner 8? The Ultra's have very unreliable dialer (among other traits) and it's not uncommon for them to crap out.
    The Runner 8/16 are a lot better and I've found them to be pretty good.
    The one tone your getting from the receiver sounds like the receiver initiating the call ready to receive, if nothing comes next (and you have it programmed correctly) then it sounds like the panel is stuffed as it's not sending it's data.
    Time for an upgrade

Thanks

Hi Adrock

Yeah it is a New Runner 8 so all should be working. Yes programmed up now 3 times (reset in between) to make sure everything is set ok, at the moment only got led code pad to program via so can see everything at once, got to go through manually.

Only thing left I think is prob faulty cause I have been through every menu in the manual for the Dialer and no where is there any options set that I can find to cause this type of behaviour.

I think I am stuck waiting to get the password for the crow software next week from mainline when they return and see if that shows me any different settings I might not have noticed and failing that run through with tech support fault procedures to prove a faulty panel and get replaced. Can't seem to get much else out of it at the moment.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

Does sound like a faulty panel, not having a LCD keypad doesn't help.
    If you've defaulted the panel all you have to do is enable the dialler, program the ph no's and account number.
    Everything else, Contact ID, reporting options etc are programmed as default.

I've send you a PM re the software.