Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eclipse AVN827GA SatNav

Thanks

Off topic (GPS), but still on the unit; AVN827GA:
    Anyone know/thought of a way to "change" the buttons on the screen?
    ie: we never listen to AM but sometimes need to turn it off quickly, only problem is that you have to go to the next page all the time, if there was a way to move/remove the AM button and move the OFF button to the first screen at the top.

Additionally 'any' changes to the layout of the "source operations" screen to modify the buttons - possible???

Heck even changing the radio favourites buttons to be bigger too.

It's software, must be programmable somehow....... Food for thought anyways.

(Oh yea, just got the unit factory fitted in Mrs Car - seems nice, just needs a few tweaks)

Thx!
    _Leo_

Thanks

Default Eclipse AVN827GA

Hi Everyone,
    I am a new registration on this forum, I have just purchased what was advertised as "New Never Used In Original Packaging" Eclipse AVN827GA Head Unit. I have been following these units for some time and impressed with the size of display and the multi functionality offered. The unit purchased only came with park brake cable and reversing camera, when I queried this, was told all the interconnecting audio and video cables, sat nav antenna, bluetooth microphone, voice control switch and Navigation Sim do not come as standard. I found this hard to believe as I have been told by Eclipse agent in Melbourne that most of these items come as standard parts.
    Needless to say I would be very interested to find where I can purchase the missing items, I am going to install the unit in my 2009 Subaru Forester, so would appreciate any help or advise regarding this.
    jgrace6

Thanks

Default AVN827GA Nissan Patrol

Well, after three years of reasonable service the unit decided to stop receiving the satellites. Checked the location of the antenna, located not far from the unit. Worked well here in the past.
    I tried updating the maps and Naviextra comfirm the SD card was good.
    Tried accessing Fujistu Ten for ways to actually reset the head unit to try and reboot the system. Waiting a long time for the response.
    Does anyone know how this can be done, other than depowering the whole unit, or has anyone suffered this complaint also?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy68 View Post
    Well, after three years of reasonable service the unit decided to stop receiving the satellites. Checked the location of the antenna, located not far from the unit. Worked well here in the past.
    I tried updating the maps and Naviextra comfirm the SD card was good.
    Tried accessing Fujistu Ten for ways to actually reset the head unit to try and reboot the system. Waiting a long time for the response.
    Does anyone know how this can be done, other than depowering the whole unit, or has anyone suffered this complaint also?
    Hi,

I have the same issue here in Sydney... I had the unit installed a bit over 3 years ago, worked reliably and about 2 weeks ago, it just stopped receiving GPS signals. I took it to the people who did the installation and they checked antenna and disconnected the unit from power but no luck. Fujitsu Ten suggested resetting the unit by pushing the SD card in etc. Still can't get a fix. They suggested sending the unit back to them for a check and they would quote any repairs if needed.

Did you notice anything funny before it stopped working? Only thing I can recall is being greeted by a terms and conditions screen when switching to navigation mode.
    Last edited by CyberPunkie; 11-07-17 at 12:32 AM.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12