Thread: Signature Security alarm

Thanks

Default Signature Security alarm

Hi guys,

Does anyone know the code for resetting a Signature Security alarm? My alarm has been in an armed state following a power outage, and the PIN number which I found in an operator's manual handed down from previous owners do not work. The system was installed in 1999, and I don't know if that PIN has been changed or if anyone since has even used it. The siren went off yesterday when I arrived home. I turned off the main switch (which also disconnected the power points in one side of the house), so now it's running on back up battery. I called up the company (now merged with ADT security), who weren't able to help because I wasn't monitored. I am yet to locate the control panel. Is there a switch in the control panel for turning off the entire system? If not, I think I will need to reset the alarm eventually.

Any ideas or assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

There is no common code that you can use to reset the system. At this stage you'd be best to find the main panel to disconnect the battery, and then find the plug pack to remove mains power from the system. As you've discovered, some security companies won't service your system unless they monitor it. What make is your system? If you can find out what brand it is, a supplier / manufacturer might be able to put you in touch with a technician who will look at it for you.

Thanks

Hey there, thanks. I really do need to locate the main panel. Have no idea what the make of the system is... what make is common for signature alarms?
    I'm still most keen to try a few reset codes, if anyone knows any. Resetting would be the quickest/easiest solution.

Thanks

You'll need to tell us the brand of the system to see if a "default" code will work. But that'll only be the case if the system has already been reset to it's default program state. Is there a keypad somewhere? If so maybe there's something written on that to give us a clue as to the brand of the system. Other clues on the keypad would be what's written on buttons, such as ARMED / AWAY / STAY / PARTIAL etc.... Meanwhile, have you tried a few obvious codes which might be a default code such as 1111, or 1234. Maybe even straight down the middle of the keypad - 2580.

Thanks

The operator's manual which you found, will have the brand and maybe make of system.

Thanks

I found the main panel box at the back of the linen cupboard top shelf. The brand/make is Solution 862.
    The keypad has now blacked out completely, meaning the back up battery has been used up. I tried switching on the main supply, and the keypad showed 'on' and 'away', meaning it arms itself automatically when the power comes on.

Thanks

The Solution 862 is a Bosch panel, very good quality and very common. Google will turn up plenty of programming info sheets / manuals by searching "solution 862" if you're inclined to get it up and running yourself. You'd be well advised to get a new battery too, that's standard practice when bringing a system that's been unused for a while back on-line. Battery World has them, so does Dick Smith, Jaycar, etc. Or if you'd prefer to find an experienced technician to service it for you just ring around reputable security companies in your area and you should find someone easily enough.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thistlewedge For This Useful Post:

csfairmont (15-01-13)

Thanks

Unplug alarm from power point, hopefully in linen cupboard next to alarm control box, then unscrew 2 screws in cover and unplug backup battery. System now put to sleep.
    Get a tech to fix/reprogram. What State / area are you in?

Thanks

Is the power point separate to the mains power? I do not recall seeing a power plug. What does it look like and where might it be???

Thanks

You're looking for a simple transformer style plugpack, a chunky rectangular thing plugged into a power point somewhere. If you can't find it, it COULD even be inside the roof space, or under the floor.

Thanks

The transformer plug pack is in the roof space I think. All leads from the main panel go into the wall, which would make sense as a burglar can just pull a power plug otherwise.

I've now reset the system, by pressing the little black button in the main panel while connecting the battery, then entering the default code (thanks to someone who PM'ed me) 2580. Now the system is disarmed, but beeps once every few minutes.

I don't have a landline, so I don't want it connected to a telephone or anything. As I do not want to crawl into the roof space to search for a transformer plug, and cannot disconnect the mains without disconnecting half the house, my only option is to program it to the way it was by setting up a master code. After entering the default master code, how do I set up my own code?

Thanks

Programming a new PIN is the simplest of programming mate, there's a lot more you'd need to do too, such as programming the entry path, delay, etc, nobody here I would think will have the time to walk you through all the required programming via the forum. Seriously, at this point if you don't want to reprogram the system yourself from scratch via a manual you've found online, you should either spend a few bucks to get an experienced technician out to program it for you (and also do a full maintenance check on the system would be recommended at the same time - new battery, clean / adjust and walk test motion detectors, check smoke detectors if they're fitted, etc - there's more to it than you'd think). Put it this way, you can do it yourself and take 6 months and perhaps still not get it right, or get an experienced technician out to set it up right in an hour or two and all going well, have a trouble free system and peace of mind for years to come The national standards recommend a maintenance check yearly, for a residential system I'd say every two years is sufficient.

Thanks

Yes. What Thistlewedge said.

The plane is headed towards the mountain...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    The transformer plug pack is in the roof space I think. All leads from the main panel go into the wall, which would make sense as a burglar can just pull a power plug otherwise.

I've now reset the system, by pressing the little black button in the main panel while connecting the battery, then entering the default code (thanks to someone who PM'ed me) 2580. Now the system is disarmed, but beeps once every few minutes.

I don't have a landline, so I don't want it connected to a telephone or anything. As I do not want to crawl into the roof space to search for a transformer plug, and cannot disconnect the mains without disconnecting half the house, my only option is to program it to the way it was by setting up a master code. After entering the default master code, how do I set up my own code?
    Assuming that whoever put it in had some brains ( z1 = entry zone etc) the panel is basically useable in its default state. You should program user & install codes,
    disable unused codes , turn off dialler if not used & set time/date. Test sirens & strobe. The beeping will be from a fault condition ( triangle with exclamation mark showing on codepad). It will most likely be from no time/date set after your default. Since it came up armed after your power outage then the backup battery is stuffed as well which will also cause it. Until you turn the dialler off then that will also cause it whenever the alarm goes off.

As Thistlewedge said , you still have a bit of work to do.

Thanks

This is to update everyone on my alarm.

I found a manual online and installed my own code in place of the master code. I can arm and disarm with this code - works fine. The only difference I notice is that zones 5-8 are now illuminated (these zones aren't attached to any area). Previously they weren't illuminated and only zones 1-4 would flash on/off when there's activity in those areas.

Thanks

If as you suggest, zones 5-8 have NOTHING connected to them then they need to be programed out or have a resistor applied to them. How sure are you that there isn't a panel tamper or siren tamper that you aren't aware of? Not that it makes much difference, an unmonitored alarm is a waste of time and you might as well disconnect the siren as a courtesy to your neighbours.

Not sure if you're aware but it's quite possible to monitor alarms without a phoneline and believe it or not, you're actually better off doing so as the phoneline can't simply be cut.