Thread: New Wireless Printer connections query.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default New Wireless Printer connections query.

Query temporarily cancelled as I may be having a problem with the router.
    A few weeks I bought a USB Wifi Media devise to connect to the TV and when it turned ON, I lost the Wifi signal completely, got a replacement with the same result so it was returned, now I am getting a 'Printer Not Detected (Canon MG 5460) during the wifi installation.
    Using the WiFi manager on the Baun Tablet shows the Wifi signal dropping out to Zero untill th Installation is complete using USB only as the connection between the Computer and Printer.
    Basicaly I have had little trouble with the Baun Tablet and a Toshiba Laptop but I have thought the Tablet was a bit 'Deaf' even when it was within 6 feet of the router, but now I am wondering is there a fault in the router?
    I even increased the size of the 'Rubber Ducky' antenna from the original but it didnt seem to be a great improvement..
    Email sent to netcomm to see if they can help.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 03-02-13 at 12:59 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have just managed to actually get the desktop and the printer to connect via Wifi.
    I emailed Netcomm and they suggested changing channels which I did (was 11, now 1).
    I am extremely reticent fiddling with routers and DOS etc as I am way out of my depth and have no one close handy to ask for assistance.
    I noted a definite signal strength increase from around -45db to now -38db on the Tablet Wifi app.
    Weird when the Tablet and the router are less than 3 feet apart but there it is.

Well, what can I say but I know have it connected by Wifi to both the Desk top and the Laptop but it took 4 attempts with the 5th being successful.
    Twice it found the printer but had an error loading the data and twice it just searched and didnt find anything but now I have just done a Test print from the Laptop and a document from the desktop so all is good.

I wonder should I try to get the old ASUS with XP to connect, maybe another day.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!