Thread: Conputer stop receiving internet momentarily

Thanks

Default Conputer stop receiving internet momentarily

Hello All

I am unfortunately having highly frustrating issues with my internet connection. The problem is that intermittently my Good computer (Computer A, windows 7) will stop receiving data from the router. I'll be playing League of Legends, and the game will pause, and the Skype/TeamSpeak conversation will go silent. Then when the game picks up, the Skype conversation can be heard again.

During this time, I have discovered that I am unable to receive from the internet, but I can still send. I know this because my friends never stop hearing me, and all the actions I take in League of Legends still happen, even when I can't see them.

Now, I've narrowed the problem down to the computer. I know it's the computer because when I play League on my old computer (Computer B, windows 7 also) with Skype on, I never get a stutter or drop out. I've tried switching the Ethernet cables between the computer's to see if the problem would transfer to the other computer when doing so. It didn't.

Some days the drop outs will be around 5 times in a 30 minute game. Sometimes it will be dropping out for 5 seconds every 10 seconds. I am doing absolutely nothing different (that I can recognise) each time I play the game for this fluctuation in severity.

I have tried updating my motherboards (ga-990fxa-ud3) network/Ethernet drivers.

I am on the verge of just formatting my computer to flush out the problem entirely.

Any help regarding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all
    Scott

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

It doesn't sound like driver problems to me.

It sounds as though the computer has its attention elsewhere.

This often happens when various updates are being downloaded and installed in the background.

Next time it happens, open the Windows Task Manager (simultaneously press <CONTROL><ALT> <DELETE> and then select <Task Manager>) and check to see what Applications and Processes are running. At the same time, you can check on Performance and Networking also.

That should help to throw some light on the problem.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

What is the spec of the Computer compared to the one that has no issues. As tristen has said, sounds like it is "thinking" of something else when it pauses. What sort of security are you running? That may be an issue.