Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: home wireless alarm system

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muddy0409 View Post
    Anyway that is not the way it happens around here. It's only very suntanned kids.
    Thinly veiled racism is what happens when the person saying it knows what they're saying is wrong.

Banned
    Thanks

People often word it that way because they know that there are some that would get in a dither & start screaming RACISM , rather than considering the subject & content. The cry "Racism" is used to distract people from the main point all too often.

Banned
    Thanks

odd things are happening
    Last edited by watchdog; 19-04-15 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Your statement is quite misleading. They don't make you buy the unlock module. The Bosch panel isn't ADTs preferred product and was more likely an acquisition, and as such the database wasn't transferred correctly, or there was no TC on file. ADT are one of the few that DON'T hold their customers to ransom or lock-out the TC.

Yes, I worked there in a past life.

Quote Originally Posted by Adro View Post
    We don't have that problem with any panel except the Solution 16i/+ that we take over from ADT. Other panels they happily hand over the installer code (sometimes it can take days to get it tho) but for the panels I mentioned they have never handed the installer code over for it, they would rather you buy the unlock module.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Your statement is quite misleading. They don't make you buy the unlock module. The Bosch panel isn't ADTs preferred product and was more likely an acquisition, and as such the database wasn't transferred correctly, or there was no TC on file. ADT are one of the few that DON'T hold their customers to ransom or lock-out the TC.

Yes, I worked there in a past life.
    It's happened a few times now. You ask the client who the last tech that attended site was and what he was there for. "Yea some ADT technician was here setting up 2 Seperate areas and he installed a second keypad" One can only assume the tech code was used at some point during the process ?

Don't get me wrong it's not just ADT, there is another QLD Based Company up here that does it regardless and only installs these panels because of this.

Thanks

Adro,

Whilst I'm sure ADT don't need me to defend them, if they were doing it as you've described, I'd put it down to simple record-keeping as intelliGeorge noted or perhaps a local subby, before suggesting any form of conspiracy or company policy.

From my experience, if it were a small business or man with van doing it, I'd tend to be a LOT more cynical.

I will never forget attending a trade expo a few years ago listening to a guy ask a panel manufacturer how difficult it was to default their panel. He seemed less interested in the features and capability of the hardware (you know, the stuff customers might actually appreciate) and more interested in screwing over the next guy. Amazing set of priorities.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123