Thread: Plasma TV PDP42V7

Thanks

Default Plasma TV PDP42V7

Pdp 42v7
    Hi There! I am new to this forum, and have been reading some interesting stuff. Would someone please steer me in the right direction??
    I have an Tevion (Aldi brand) 42" plasma, that is a rebadged LG PDP 42V7. ( I have the back off it at the moment)
    While in warranty, had the usual no image, with sound problem, and the tech. fixed it by replacing both the Ysus and the Zsus boards. Ok, have been happy till now. 6 months later another problem has arisen. Occasionaly, when powering up with the remote, the red light would blink a few times and then shut down with no light at all. This would happen once a week, and if I tried again 2 hrs later, the set would come on properly.
    At the moment, if the plasma powers up and we switch it off after watching it, it will not restart for at least a week! (The same symptoms, clicks as if to go, flashes the light, then nothing)
    Could it be the power supply ? just thinking that way as the Y and Z boards have already been replaced. Once the plasma is going it will run for days on end, as long as I don,t switch it off! If I do, I have to wait at least a week before it will switch on properly. ANY SUGGESTIONS would be MOST welcome. Also, where could I get a power supply board for the PDP4247, and what are they worth?

many thanks, jackvano

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sounds like electros .
    Could be main pwb or smps.
    Go in with a hairdryer blowing hot air and see which it is.

Thanks

could be psu as oscar mentioned,
    i would be more asking why the control pcb wasn't changed as well,
    i dont think it is heat related becuase it doesnt take a week for the thing to reach room temp,
    try unplugging the tv when switched off that might give you an idea whether it could just be a prob of the unit NOT coming out of standby, rather than not switching on,

post the results and we'll go from there
    Last edited by iwacelect; 07-07-08 at 01:51 PM. Reason: spelin
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Thanks

Default the frustrating PDP42V7 !

Thanks for the suggestions iwacelect and oscar.

I've already tried the hairdryer, but didn't make any difference.

Basically, I'm unplugging it from the wall everytime I try to start the plasma up. ie. when I plug it into the wall socket, I can hear the TV resetting itself (with an audible click). Then when I use the remote to actually switch on, it wants to start, I hear a click (like a relay) then the red light flashes for about 5 seconds, and then the light goes out entirely. I cannot then get any response with the remote, I again have to first switch off at the wall, reswitch on at the wall, it clicks and the standby light comes on and the same scenario.
    I was wondering, could it be the power supply board if the TV runs perfectly once I do manage to get it started? doesn't seem logical to me, but then I'm only on "L" plates as far as electronics go!!

thanks,

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwacelect View Post
    could be psu as oscar mentioned,
    i would be more asking why the control pcb wasn't changed as well,
    i dont think it is heat related becuase it doesnt take a week for the thing to reach room temp,
    try unplugging the tv when switched off that might give you an idea whether it could just be a prob of the unit NOT coming out of standby, rather than not switching on,

post the results and we'll go from there
    I think iwacelect is on the money.
    My TEAC unit is also choc full of all LG boards and panel
    When it got the sparkly problem, they replaced the sus boards, PLUS THE CONTROL PCB.

I'd be asking the question to the warranty repairer, even if it is now out of warranty.

Good luck...I know that sinking feeling.

Thanks

After it goes click at switch on, do you see a flash on the screen??
    On another issue,
    We had a Palsonic with the V7 LG kit , and you couldnt use the LG control board as it gives an intermittent flash to black fault.
    So it gets more confusing.With LG its change all three.
    With Palsonic, they say change Y and Z but not the control board.
    If the control board is bigger than the one in the LG kit, you could be in for firmware related problems.
    We have done some Teacs without a hitch.

Thanks

Hi Oscar,
    I have a LG PDP42V706A2 which recently failed with sound but no picture problem. The TV is nearly 5 years old and out of warranty. I live in SE Melbourne suburbs near Dandenong. Would you please recommend where is the best place to source the 3 PCB repair kit?

Thanks, John

Premium Member

Thanks

Jackvano,
    I recently repaired one of those and had similar clicking issues. You might want to read the post - it's a bit long! - if you an find it. I think the header was 'Plasma TV Clicking'.

With help from users on this forum i tracked the fault down to the Ysus board. It was replaced and all is well.

One thing that you should make sure though is to measure the voltages off the Pwr board. and if ok, then measure the voltages when going into the x and y sus boards. You will find the voltages on the back of the screen - or find them in my pevious post. If they are not upto scratch that might be the problem.

I order my parts from WES electronics in Syd.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,392 Posts

Hi all, from memory these tevion's and the conia's have a standby control pwb right next to the smps you'll see the mains ac wires going into it then back out to the smps. it might be worth looking at replacing the caps on it and checking for dj's.

Premium Member

Thanks

Hi all,
    I managed to find (i think), it looks the same, the service manual for this TV.
    Not sure if Iwacelect, Mikestv and Oscar know of it, but here is the link.

Might help the OP.

• The Following User Says Thank You to GT250 For This Useful Post:

mickstv (25-05-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT250 View Post
    Hi all,
    I managed to find (i think), it looks the same, the service manual for this TV.
    Not sure if Iwacelect, Mikestv and Oscar know of it, but here is the link.

Might help the OP.
    thanks GT250, thats a good link!
    When I explained to the guy what avatar I wanted, that wasn't what I meant!

Thanks

Default iLo PDP4210EA1 aka PDP42v7

Well i aquired this plasma in a good deal last night. the problem i am having is at first u connect the power cord and turn on the switch the standby light would be Red u press the pwr button and it would go orange and then green after about 3 secs u hear a click and it shuts off completely the only way to reset it now i took off the cover and was ready to do some testing. now thw tv will come on but no picture or sound so please help we want this tv for halloween