Thread: How to add .exe and or .cab files etc into windows ce 6.0 China GPS tablet??

Thanks

Question How to add .exe and or .cab files etc into windows ce 6.0 China GPS tablet??

Hello all !, please allow me to start by saying I am brand spanking new to this forum (just registered), to China GPS tablets running embedded windows ce etc. basically an all around noob. I can work with PC desktop etc but am having trouble when it comes to this newly purchased Chinese no name good navigator tablet I just got that is running on an embedded windows ce 6.0. I am trying to install exe files and or cab files to the device and having no luck at all. Have searched and read all that I could find on the Web about how to go about making this happen. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

So far I have downloaded a couple of .cab files that I'd like to install onto my device as well as wceload.exe, CeRegEditor and also paired the device with my laptop and mobile center and dropped the wceload.exe into a folder in the residentflash drive on the device. Dropped the .cab files in other folders and still can't get them to work.

My device info is below:

7" screen 800x480 MTK3351 cpu
    1.57 ghz 128mb dd2
    4GB flash
    FM transmitter

System Info
    Rom : V.108C.211100.120214.128M
    APP : V2.2ABFR-NUI20-HD-EN
    System ID : 0018e420-09000000-00000000-00000001

If there is anyone who can wall me trough this process in full detail I'd really appreciate it because something is missing in the info I've gotten so far. Even came across trying write a .reg file for wceload that which I'm a noob at but copy pasted the written info into a registry then renamed it wceload.reg and still nothing. I did at least get to change the boot/load screen from the Chinese toon lady to my own image thanks to this forum !... But I need help gets my exe, cab, programs, software, apps etc installed onto the device !.

I need a step by step walk through !, where you start from beginning to end and where if the basic step presented doesn't work providing a for sure way to make it work. whether it be having to write a registry or whatever the case. Full detail on how to correctly write that Yehudi for the ce 6 device etc.

Thank you very much in advance !!!
    And I apologize if a complete walk through of this exist elsewhere.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

To clarify things: A program (shorthand for software and/or application) always is a file with extension .EXE - which might rely on additional helper files (i.e. system .DLL-files, etc). A .CAB-file is nothing else than a software archived (compressed) which should be (expanded) copied/installed on a mobile device.

1) Regarding .EXE-files:

You simply copy it onto mobile device's internal and/or external storage memory and run it/them from there.

2) Regarding .CAB-files:

It exists a WinCE application called cabinstl_en.exe that is available free on the web. It installs .CAB-files and prompts you about where to place the installed application.

Note that a .CAB-file packaged for Windows Mobile never installs in Windows (Embedded) CE

FYI: Downloading a .CAB-file to install onto your mobile device can be a pain – after downloading the .CAB-file to your desktop, you need to first copy it to your device, then find the .CAB-file to install and then proceed to install it.
    The mentioned CABviaActiveSync is a simple, free Win32 program that adds a context menu to automatically parse the .CAB-file on your desktop and install it via Activesync. This can save you a bunch of steps and is incredibly handy if you are like me and are always installing/uninstalling programs to check out.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 03-05-13 at 12:28 AM.

Thanks

thanks jwoegerbauer !, your advice and responses are alway helpful !. the cab installer is the 1st thing that actually showed up and working on the device.

Now new question is... is there a way to add mobile .cabs to the embedded CE 6 device ?. a converter of some sort or force or back door?. I have a bluetooth .cab that's for windows mobile I believe but is more advanced than the current bluetooth installed on the device. reason being, I have a USB bluetooth audio transmitter that is powered by USB port and receives audio playback via bluetooth and hook into AUX. want to play video/movie on the device and have sound come through vehicles speakers. the original bluetooth installed on the CE 6 GPS tablet device won't connect to the bluetooth USB audio playback piece. it will recognise it and think either pairs and then won't connect or won't pair at all.

Thanks

Question Thanks jwoegerbauer, can u force win mobile .cab's to CE?

thanks jwoegerbauer !, your advice and responses are alway helpful !. the cab installer is the 1st thing that actually showed up and working on the device.

Now new question is... is there a way to add mobile .cabs to the embedded CE 6 device ?. a converter of some sort or force or back door?. I have a bluetooth .cab that's for windows mobile I believe but is more advanced than the current bluetooth installed on the device. reason being, I have a USB bluetooth audio transmitter that is powered by USB port and receives audio playback via bluetooth and hook into AUX. want to play video/movie on the device and have sound come through vehicles speakers. the original bluetooth installed on the CE 6 GPS tablet device won't connect to the bluetooth USB audio playback piece. it will recognise it and think either pairs and then won't connect or won't pair at all.

Banned

Thanks

AFAIK a converter doesn't exist. Why should it? WinMo and WinCE are different worlds (and inbetween both OSs are considered to be dead).

But you can get helped: Use Win32 freeware MSCEInf available for free in the web and extract the .CAB-file you have in mind to your desktop. Because during extraction a .REG-file isn't created by MSCEInf don't forget to denote the registry entries listet with MSCEInf - if any, because you later on have to accordingly edit your device's registry (after having backed up the registry of course, what's enormously important because your device's OS is CE 6.0 !!!). Then copy the extracted files/folders to your mobile device, edit the registry, if necessary.

Good luck.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software, and you are solely responsible for determining whether or not to use it. Under no circumstances I'll be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from following the hint given above.

Thanks

ok thanks again

Thanks

hey jwoegerbauer, one more question... you seem to a lot about this stuff(seasoned in it).

Can a windows embedded CE 6.0 device such as this 7" GPS tablet be turned into an android gps tablet ?, whether it be via flashing or just whipping the entire OS out/off and replacing it with and android OS ?.

if it is in fact possible:
    how hard is it to accomplish ?
    what will be needed (specificly) ?
    and can you walkthough (specificly) ? if it's not too much trouble of course.

Thanks

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koldkash View Post
    hey jwoegerbauer, one more question... you seem to a lot about this stuff(seasoned in it).

Can a windows embedded CE 6.0 device such as this 7" GPS tablet be turned into an android gps tablet ?, whether it be via flashing or just whipping the entire OS out/off and replacing it with and android OS ?.

if it is in fact possible:
    how hard is it to accomplish ?
    what will be needed (specificly) ?
    and can you walkthough (specificly) ? if it's not too much trouble of course.

Thanks
    Not a lot, but little enough to answer your question with a clear NO (to be correct: in principle yes, in practice no).
    You surely won't find an Android port that as 100% matches the hardware of your 7" GPS tablet. Remember Android was developed by Google for mobile phones. Thinkable is a dual-boot solution, but this will as 99.9% also fail for reason mentioned. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ... as I did ...

FYI:

Thanks

ok thanks again!

Thanks

Default Chinese GPS 7" Tablet

Hi,

I am also very new on this topic. I somehow deleted files or something, cause I am trying to click on the Windows CE icon and then the device freezes up. When I try to go into the Bluetooth icon, nothing happens.

I am trying to reinstall the Firmware on it, but I tried everything. I got Firmware MTK 6.0 Windows CE and loaded it onto the SD card. I started up the device but it does not install the software. Just goes straight to the desk top. What can I do to reinstall the New Firmware, and where can I get the correct Firmware.

Please assist me on this one. Thanks so much for your assistance.

Wilfred