Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Huawei wont connect !!!!!!!!!!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Been there, Done that, first with the phone help line and 2nd at the Optus shop and sworn every step of the way but 'it donn wanna work noway............'
    Now the fact that NEITHER of the $2 'Dollar Day' SIMS worked in the Hauwei but both do in the 'Crazy Johns' says to me its possibly a 'Devise' oriented problem.
    We all know that a company like Huawei make devises for numerous Telco's and possibly when Optus got theirs, they stipulated certain parameters and these parameters allow Optus to designate certain controls not applicable in those others on the market, not unlike the parameters VAST has set for anyone wanting to sell devises to operate on their system.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Could it be a firmware problem.
    Warning! have not tested as i don't own a Huawei E583C

Last edited by joezep; 05-06-13 at 02:06 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default My Huawei wont connect !!!!!!!!!!

The game you wish to play works. I have done it 3 times now. Most recently was last week.
    Huawei Pre Paid phone and SIM purchased at Aust Post, activated and going.
    There is no change in SIMs.
    Works fine in an Option GS3+ after that.

PS. As these units are getting old now, some if the Pre-packaged SIMs have gone out if date. Hence they will not activate, Optus give you a new SIM for free. Then same rules apply

You sure are having your fair share of problems Gordon. Process of elimination should show you which bit of hardware to bin though :-)

I also have a mate that bought and set up a $79 Optus Pre Paid Huawei X1 yesterday, as amazingly, Optus now has 5bars in his area where Telstra is lucky to get 1bar.
    He just followed what I told him and the handset is now sharing to multiple devices.
    No magic, No secret Optus stuff.... Just works as expected.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 05-06-13 at 09:33 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Been there, Done that.
    You have been there done that with some phone monkeys who generally wouldnt know if their arses are on fire. They read from a script and know nothing else.

Go through what I have just asked so we can see where the problem actually is. Trouble shooting is a process of elimination.

So its a matter of process of elimination.

1. Turn the device on with the sim card in it. Go to your computer and connect to the wireless network it creates.

2. If you cant do the above, connect it to your computer via USB cable.

Open your web browser window and type ( or ) ? Can you login to it ?
    If you do that, I can tell you whether its setup is all correct.

Premium Member

Thanks

Log in isnt a problem but I dont have the Huawei here now as I gave it to my friend to try where he lives as he doesnt need an external antenna.
    As he lives 100 ks away I wont be getting back immediately as we havent worked out the return yet.

The Optus shop connected it to a computer while I was there and went thru the settings as I did on the phone.

I am quite happy to agree with you that those in the shops are 'Chapter and Verse' oriented but I as I dont know stuff all in this case, I cant dispute what they are telling me.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    The game you wish to play works. I have done it 3 times now. Most recently was last week.
    Huawei Pre Paid phone and SIM purchased at Aust Post, activated and going.
    There is no change in SIMs.
    Works fine in an Option GS3+ after that.

PS. As these units are getting old now, some if the Pre-packaged SIMs have gone out if date. Hence they will not activate, Optus give you a new SIM for free. Then same rules apply

You sure are having your fair share of problems Gordon. Process of elimination should show you which bit of hardware to bin though :-)

I also have a mate that bought and set up a $79 Optus Pre Paid Huawei X1 yesterday, as amazingly, Optus now has 5bars in his area where Telstra is lucky to get 1bar.
    He just followed what I told him and the handset is now sharing to multiple devices.
    No magic, No secret Optus stuff.... Just works as expected.
    Oceanboy, Is this Huawei X1 the same as the E5331C mini WiFi I see advertised on the Optus site or another ?
    This is difference between Optus and Telstra here, inside maybe 1 bar if your lucky on Optus but Telstra has at least 2.
    Adding a 'Rubber Ducky to either adds 2 bars for Optus and 3/4 to Telstra.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

There is plenty of information about the $2 days sims in mobile broadband modems here and worth a read Gordon.

I think your friend likely connected to the internet on 2G GSM/GPRS on his computer with it and it would explain the slow connection speed your described earlier in the status box.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12