Thread: Samsung CLP-620ND - Reverse Firmware

Premium Member

Thanks

Default Samsung CLP-620ND - Reverse Firmware

Hi all,
    Bought a used CLP-620ND printer (as we own one as well), at a charity store for $100.
    I did a test print and it all came out good. Did a consumables and a drum / fuser etc list and on average the cartridges were at approx 30% full and the D&F were lowish...
    Took it home and did another print test. All ok.

Noticed that the FW was old (and ours was upto date), so like a good little chipmonk I (as one would), decided to make them the same FW, I updated the FW - and then, and then, and then - it all went tit's up

Red light - LCD displaying 'None Compatible Magenta Cartridge' (Yellow and Cyan as well!!). WFT? I said to myself!!!!

Removed the cartridges and I can see the 4 'chip' connecting pads are at a slight 5°angle on two of the cartridges, the rest flat. I checked our own and all flat!

Huh Oh! Clear to me now that they had refilled and fitted the filler chips! (which is ok BTW), but of course these worked on the 'OLD' FW!

Put our C M Y cartridges in and all ok. Put their carts in our printer, and the same 'None Compat...' msg!

Latest as from Samsung FW V2.01.01.56 - Old FW V2.01.01.45

Question: Does anyone here have access or can find the old firmware version?
    Is it even reversible?

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, Any service manual info if it's possible to Factory Reset it to original FW version?
    Last edited by GT250; 21-06-13 at 07:07 AM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks

Well, found out how to 'fix it' all.

Need to replace the chips, but also found out that it's possible to reset the Drum and fuser unit counts to zero.

Found a place to get all four (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow), chips to get past that 56 firmware for $25. Not bad really, better then a dead printer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT250 View Post
    Need to replace the chips...
    howdy, mate.

i don't follow you. what do you mean by "need to replace the chips"..? i presume you mean the chips in the toner cartridges? what problem did that solve, exactly? also, i presume you never did find a way to roll back the printer's firmware rev to the version prior to the problem you experienced?

i purchase my carts from a reputable non-OEM supplier, 'cause, well $500 for Samsung brand toner is insane. those carts worked perfectly fine in my printer for years, and color output has been acceptable. recently, however, output has gone in the toilet and is totally unacceptable. i have no idea what changed with the printer--certainly nothing i've done.

take a gander at the picture below. is this output similar to what you got from your CLP-620ND? if so, did the "replace the chips" thing fix it for you?