Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A question to any Network Engineer - networking the house?

Thanks

When i built last year one of the conditions of sale was access to my site to rough in and later terminate all data/coax/audio cables my builder was fine with that, ended up running 40 data, 20 coax, surround sound.

Well worth the effort and yes i am registered.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I agree with sulrich, my modem router is in a central location with one cable to each room, problem is, my lounge room currently has, at least two devices that need a network connection, and often there is another, so I now have a router set up behind the TV. My office is another problem with two computers and a printer all in a tin shed, so another router out there! If I had known what was coming, "way back when", I'd have had at least two wires to every room. Heck, even our master bedroom will need more than one connection before long! If, as you hinted, you were going to have LAN parties, the sky's the limit for connections, have fun!

Thanks

I've known of a few people that were allowed to rough in the cables by their builders. Sometimes they said that their own sparky would terminate after the building was finished and signed off. Just make sure you secure the cabling well so they don't move it, so when you put a hole in the wall it is where you left it. Also make sure you track where all the cables were put.

In saying that, I'm like others, installed a house full of cables and just stayed clear of the 240's or anything else that is electrical.

good luck

a.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12