Thread: Does anyone have a PDF of the Electric fence AS/NZS 3016:2003?

Thanks

Default Does anyone have a PDF of the Electric fence AS/NZS 3016:2003?

Just seeing if anyone is willing to share or knows of a free version of the AS/NZS 3016:2003 for electric fences used for security purposes.

Or any local laws, Acts related to WA on electric fences.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,525 Posts

edit: not 2003 version
    Last edited by wotnot; 03-08-21 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Resistance View Post
    Just seeing if anyone is willing to share or knows of a free version of the AS/NZS 3016:2003 for electric fences used for security purposes. Or any local laws, Acts related to WA on electric fences.
    There is no "free" version. Only a pirated copy. Or a sample extract.

Is this a hobby? Or are you designing or selling such an application? I ask, as from your posting history you appear to be installing alarms. You're asking for free technical and legal advice on an internet forum from anonymous strangers. What could possibly go wrong? Let me give you some free advice which you can take or leave. This has the potential to end in tears. Big ####ing tears. If you're lucky, just financial and potentially you and your children will die in poverty. If you're unlucky, gaol.

Learn how to say "No" and put your hand down when something is outside your expertise. It is something small security businesses are very bad at, chasing every job and servicing clients who are none the wiser until they learn something the hard way. At that point, expert witnesses and aggressive barristers will be tearing you apart and when you're asked to provide your resume you're going to have a big ####ing problem.

I'm not singling you out here by the way. This is a prolific issue and part of the reason I'm seldom on this site any more. Too many people asking too many questions they should not be asking if they're doing things for a living. I've just seen too many things go wrong and it's very frustrating. Worse when the companies in question have waffle on their website about "Australian Standards" and demonstrably don't even own a copy. Thank heavens most security stuff is low voltage. In your case though see also IEC 60479 and the section on effects of electrical current passing through the human body.

P.S. The document in question is about $70. Cheap. It comes with your name on it. A professional library is a sound investment in your success.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

gulliver (08-08-21)

Thanks

Postscript to my last. I've just paid for an obscure Australian Standard to assist with a report I'm writing. Now to even open the things you have to download and install DRM software which makes opening and printing the file a pain in the arse. This is a reaction to so-called professionals passing these documents around like party favours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Postscript to my last. I've just paid for an obscure Australian Standard to assist with a report I'm writing. Now to even open the things you have to download and install DRM software which makes opening and printing the file a pain in the arse. This is a reaction to so-called professionals passing these documents around like party favours.

I was only really interested in a read to see what's in the standard, so nothing more than curiosity at this stage. Thanks for taking the opportunity to virtue signal and not actually answer the original post.

Im an advocate of information sharing, as in my experience in the Sec Tech trade, info "squirrels" usually turn out to be the worst techs as they rely on memorizing the answers as opposed to being able to problem solve.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr-Resistance For This Useful Post:

CT4 (14-12-21),secure (13-12-21)