Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone prefer offline games rather than online games?

Thanks

I'd perfer playing online games. There isn't much to do in offline gaming besides the campaigns. I mean, there's no challenge if your good at that game.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the variables you mentioned are usually simplistic in nature. Most MMOs end up as adventures, with the sole purpose of slaying enemies. While this can be fun at times, it does grow old quickly; especially if every game plays out in a similar fashion. I can't stand people that get online and scream in the microphone. For this reason, I never play with a headset.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Personally, I prefer offline, it, then, means I can play as, and when, the mood takes me. If you play online, you are then "required" to complete the game before you can "politely retire".
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned
    Thanks

Offline generally. I like compelling stories.

Thanks

I usually play the offline story and then muck about online but FPS suck as all you hear is 10 year old kids or put up with people who have hacked to game eg COD to get more XP fast

Thanks

i prefer offline..but some games are more interactive online so i would say it depends.

Thanks

I much prefer playing offline on my own. I can take my time as I'm nowhere near as quick as those online.. My 12 year old son absolutely smashes me in Call of Duty so I decided I'm sticking to taking my time on my own. I also hate the way that experienced gamers hunt noobs & think it's fun

Thanks

offline game my choice

Banned
    Thanks

I like offline games a lot more than online games. But if I say fairly, then I like the game where you can have it both. Like racing games.
    Someone above me said that offline games tends to get boring at some point but multiplayer games are always the fun. But my friend, I think you got it all wrong. If the game story serves right then you can play the story mode or campaign mode in different kinds of way, but the multiplayer games got a little more restrictions. They tend to serve same goal(s) to achieve.

Banned
    Thanks

Offline games are engaging as long as you are playing missions. As soon as that ends, the charm of that game has ended as you have completed the story line. As GTA 5 is quite engaging when it comes to offline gaming as its and open world game but the real fun is playing it online with your buddies.

Banned
    Thanks

I prefer Offline game rather than online. The main reason is, I am with limited data plan. It is 10GB per month. That's the reason.

Thanks

Its depends on my mood. If im feeling competitive il go online and play something , if i feel like sitting back and just having a relaxing game session i would rather play offline, anther big factor i guess is the online community of that game , and also the offline "missions' . But then again in today world so many online games are filled with people that are using some way of explioting the game and are levels beyond what you could ever achieve. some online gams bait you with a need for cash to advance while you know half the russian and korean nations are hacking the game , this puts me off.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Online puts me under pressure. I get already enough of that every day when I am not playing any games.

I like strategy games where I see no advantage being online.
    Chess is still the best game, which I enjoy equally against a computer or a living opponent sitting directly in front of me.

I also like roaming games like Subnautica, NoMan's Sky, Starmade, just enjoying myself exploring and creating without any pressure, that don't really end or I haven't found one because I don't really have that much time to play.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (31-12-17),irritant (09-08-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,964 Times in 9,060 Posts

I don't play much anymore, but I liked offline games because I just wasn't very good......

So strategy games were the go for me....although chess is bit above my pay grade and bores me.....and isn't a computer game to me.

These days my biggest strategy game is financial juggling to pay the pills.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

irritant (09-08-19),Uncle Fester (02-01-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Online puts me under pressure. I get already enough of that every day when I am not playing any games.

I like strategy games where I see no advantage being online.
    Chess is still the best game, which I enjoy equally against a computer or a living opponent sitting directly in front of me.

I also like roaming games like Subnautica, NoMan's Sky, Starmade, just enjoying myself exploring and creating without any pressure, that don't really end or I haven't found one because I don't really have that much time to play.
    I like no man's sky offline, although I heard the online multiplayer version is coming out this month. I too am not amazing at multiplayer games lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Yes, I prefer offline games.

• 29-04-19, 06:23 AM

Thanks

Offline for sure. RPG's with no outside players

• 25-06-19, 08:22 AM

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

This thread has run its course, as the OP hasn't even visited the site in 6 years and the thread is a haven for spammers.

Closed.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12