Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Drone Footage

Thanks

Very cool id like a link to shop please .. and yer i have ships for speed but im after a stable platform for videos .. tali looks mint mate.. iv been following the progression of the ship.. im looking at one its about 2,500 nzd. id like to review the different opshins ..

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRONETEC View Post
    Very cool id like a link to shop please .. and yer i have ships for speed but im after a stable platform for videos .. tali looks mint mate.. iv been following the progression of the ship.. im looking at one its about 2,500 nzd. id like to review the different opshins ..
    No worries mate, Just hobbies
    Mine came with a bonus Hubsan X4
    Great people to deal with.

I also looked at Camzilla who are offering spare battery as a bonus? .

Hope that helps.

PS: Walkera also have another option in the big class photographic platform now; QR X800
    The all new Walkera QR X800 is a professional level aerial photography GPS quadcopter ideal for carrying action cameras such as the GoPro Hero 3, Walkera iLook, SJ4000 and others. It has retractable landing legs, features a foldable "umbrella" frame design for ultimate portability, boasts 40+ minute flight times and arrives completely assembled.

The X800 frame is constructed almost entirely of beautifully finished 3K carbon fiber and glass fiber. The "umbrella" style folding legs feature excellently designed quick release locking pins and plastic latches to ensure secure locking of the arms when assembled for flying. The retractable landing legs feature aluminum quick release mounts which make installation and removal a breeze.

very tempting.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

ahh yes they are not drones ... mine are quadcopters .. but this is my spare time fun these days, my dev skills are put to good use for walkera.. mum dad and baby in photo

x800 birds and qrx350pro
    australian distributor
    Last edited by Zbee; 18-10-14 at 06:47 PM.
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

Tiny (18-10-14)

Thanks

I wonder how many drones will be going to Antarctica this coming summer season? Wish the technology was around (and reasonably priced) when I used to live in prettier, more isolated places years ago.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zbee View Post
    ahh yes they are not drones ... mine are quadcopters .. but this is my spare time fun these days, my dev skills are put to good use for walkera.. mum dad and baby in photo
    x800 birds and qrx350pro
    Hmm, 2 x800's you are an addict.
    Edit; how do you find them, or is the obvious fact you have 2 not an accident.?

Have you looked at the X4 scout.

Looks interesting to me for a family addition.
    Last edited by Tiny; 19-10-14 at 07:03 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks

one of my good mates is the guy who is doing the beta testing... theres a group of us involved, im x800 area, the 350 is fun ... the scout is awsome, the x800 is a camera platform aimed for higher end market.. but yes addictive, bit like the early days of cdcopyworld and mosc
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

Tiny (19-10-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

You might have already come across this Tiny but in case you haven't
    apparently you can control your gimbal somewhat with tilt
    check out these vids

they're talking about a Dx6i but it should work for any 6 channel receiver really

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Thanks weirdo, the Walkera Devo F12E that controls my drone has excellent gimbal control, it's me that needs to use it better while flying.

The only issue I have is 2 out of 3 axis (Pitch & Roll) are controllable & the 3rd axis Yaw is dampened only yet it is not adjustable for centreline & is slightly out so I have to enlarge 2 mounting holes & rotate it a little, as shown in the following video.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DRONETEC (31-10-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

found these 2 videos while looking at other things, very interesting.

1; For the beginner. Simple exercises to help learn to fly multirotor craft.
    Not sure about the big arrow though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2; For the experienced & the novice, this explains a lot that I wasn't sure about & will definitely help me with my future flights.

Vortex Ring State (aka Settling with Power or the Wobble of Death) is a flight condition common to all rotor aircraft (helicopters and multirotors/quadcopters/drones). For those new to the hobby, they may inaccurately attribute this condition to a fault of their aircraft. But really, it is just a flight phenomenon similar to airplane wing stall. This video discusses its cause, along with demonstrating how to recover from it. More importantly, methods of avoiding it entirely are also discussed and demonstrated.

Other helicopter/multirotor flight phenomenon discussed include: In Ground Effect Hover (IGE), Out of Ground Effect Hover (OGE), and Helicopter Translational Lift.
    Last edited by Tiny; 31-10-14 at 03:09 PM. Reason: fix video link
    Cheers, Tiny

weirdo (31-10-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quad copter pylon racing ...... Now I want a quad !

I had a good 15 minute flight with the gopro this arvo, but I land the plane to discover the gopro had an error and only recorded 5 seconds of the flight. Spewin!!!

So I flew a quick lap for a test flight with a low aircraft battery just to confirm the camera was still working.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    Quad copter pylon racing ...... Now I want a quad !
    If you liked that you might like this too.
    More fun than you can poke a stick at.

Cheers, Tiny

DRONETEC (01-11-14)

Thanks

Default Bit of FPV fun again..

Love boosting beats hovering round anyday..
    Last edited by DRONETEC; 01-11-14 at 11:50 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRONETEC For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (02-11-14),Tiny (01-11-14),weirdo (01-11-14)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Well it wont belong before this hobby of ours becomes a licensed activity.

It only takes a couple of idiots flying where they shouldn't to get the alarm bells ringing.

Just saw this video & the New York PD is looking at counter terrorism measures for Drones.

Cheers, Tiny

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

DRONETEC (02-11-14),weirdo (02-11-14)

Thanks

Correct with the quad and multirotors getting bigger all the time its getting a bit full in the sky ..

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Casey Stoner is a big fan of Drones and a few other RC toys.
    And today some squid jumped in Port Philip Bay to retrieve his Quad, then needed rescuing himself... and a News Crew... FAIL!

Thanks

some of the new stuff comming out over the next few months is taking the hobby to the next level, what we are flying now will be gathering dust in 6 months. my mate in the usa is currently testing a small quad thats wearable and controlled by your smart phone, one function is what is called "follow me" basically it hovers just behind and above you and follows you around... some of the people behind the stuff are google and sir richard branson ... as to regulation the horse has bolted big time... sadly it will take a serious accident to actually get enforcement.. there are only 3 people at casa who are involved at this stage, if you want to play safe there are a few basic rules.. never fly within 30 meters of people, do not fly over crowds sports fields or other properties, never fly at night and in Australia FPV is tottaly banned... and the biggest tip, never ever post any of your footage online as that becomes evidence

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

Tiny (03-11-14),weirdo (02-11-14)

Thanks

as to tiny post re yaw control for the gimble, its mainly for stabilisation i only ever use tilt, walkera are discussing a firmware update but my mate is sending me an upgraded version replaces the controller, also a tip is to sepratly power the unit with its own battery makes it alot more stable

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRONETEC View Post
    Love boosting beats hovering round anyday..
    Brilliant work Dronetec!!
    And what bloody immaculate place in the world you go flying!
    Jealous!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbee View Post
    ... some of the people behind the stuff are google and sir richard branson ...
    So it records your every movement then crashes into the desert... sounds about right!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

Tiny (03-11-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Well it wont belong before this hobby of ours becomes a licensed activity.

It only takes a couple of idiots flying where they shouldn't to get the alarm bells ringing.

Just saw this video & the New York PD is looking at counter terrorism measures for Drones.

lol @2.40 "you don't know what the intentions are, hostile...."
    how many hostile drone attacks have there been there in the good old big apple ?
    paranoia reporting at it's best
    now if you we're talking about in the middle east, ok

• Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast