Thread: IP Cameras poor frame rate

Thanks

Default IP Cameras poor frame rate

So quick question regarding IP cameras encoding H.264 at 1080p

How do I reduce the bad frame rate on my IP cameras. I am trying to run some cameras at 1080p but am experiencing extremely bad frame rate. Its so laggy

Is it absolutely mandatory to use gigabit devices such as switches ans NICs etc for better frame rates?

Any tips to help with a smooth stream

Cheers!!

Look Here ->

Thanks

Very open ended question. The bottleneck can be anything from the network topology/hardware/settings/traffic to inadequate hardware on a head end pc. Or, it could be cheap cameras with poorly implemented compression. A little more information relating to the config might help with a more succinct answer.

Thanks

A quick question, what is your connection to the cameras, is it through the Internet or just on LAN.
    Also, what GPU and CPU does your computer have? I suspect the issue may be more on the hardware side of things.

Thanks

Yes i agree samkostka , ive got a few ip cams setup around my place , some dear ones and some cheap ones all run fairly adequate , but it does depend wether they are cable connected or wi fi ?? , are there obstructions between the cams and Modem ??? ( thats if your running wi fi ??? ) if you are running wi fi is it wirless N ??? wireless G ??? , are they just LAN or through the Internet ??? , if your connecting through the net maybe on your phone then yes they get laggy at times which brings me too my next question , is your phone 3g or 4g ???
    Something too think about