Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is worse of the big three? Windows ME, Windows Vista or Windows 8

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Can't say I had any real problems with any of them, maybe the occasional bsod with vista. Haven't had a bsod for years with windows actually. .....

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

i reckon you better invite joey back
    sad when we're digging up 2013 threads
    not hat anyone noticed lol
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

I think the worst is usually their latest version except when XP came out. No version has ever beaten XP in versatility or in speed (running the same hardware where drivers where still available).

I rather have the occasional BSOD than today's bloatware, adware and spyware and the constant flaws 'updates' abusing my network quota and changing my settings and things with out my consent.
    Bring back a Windows (compatible with modern hardware) that does not control the user but the user has full control of what their computer does (also in the background).
    Some bare bone system that just handles your hardware and launches only the software that I choose.
    I know you can spend ages trying remove all the background garbage but the next 'update' will probably reverse that all again. For me there is no point to use Windows these days.

There is no worse version, they are all just getting worse.

Yeah, bring back JWoerger, at least the discussions about Windows where more fun and some times interesting.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Philquad (29-01-16),Tiny (29-01-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

now they dug it up, i do agree
    xp ruled over the others, i cant believe i actually paid for m-e!
    ive finally gone with 8 over 7, after bashing me head with 10 for 2 days, gave up
    i dont use apps so not much has changed
    i think, hope that 8-10 have a bit better recovery than 7 does, as far as refresh or whatever
    yet to find out
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    I rather have the occasional BSOD than today's bloatware, adware and spyware and the constant flaws 'updates' abusing my network quota and changing my settings and things with out my consent.
    I here you, just setup a new laptop with W10 64bit preinstalled & it has taken 6GB of my 10GB quota in 3 days, getting itself & the bloatware up to date & you can't stop the bastard from doing it. Fark!!!

& yes had all my networking setup & going great then it upgraded to the latest 1511 build & I had to do them all over again.

Apart from that I like W10 for stability & use.

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Yeah, bring back JWoerger, at least the discussions about Windows where more fun and some times interesting.
    Yeah bring back joey he was fun to play with.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Enough of this 'Bring Back Joey crap'.

He was banned... end of story.

You may need a refresher of the site rules, in particular #6.

6. Moderator's decisions are final. Austech prides itself on the quality and fairness of its staff most of who have moderated here for a minimum of 7 and up to 10 years. Contacting the site Administrator will not result in any decision being overturned and is a waste of your time and ours. Further posts made by a member in relation to a closed topic or moderating decision will be removed and if the member persists , disciplinary action may be taken.
    It should be noted that banning can and does occur outside the infraction system and depends on individual circumstances such as online spammers. We employ a number of anti spamming techniques and deny up to 60% of requests for accounts due to spammers. Should you see any spam posts on Austech, please report them immediately so that we can delete them. No one likes spam.

Sad about this old thread being 'dug up' philquad?... That's easily fixed.

Closed

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Rick (29-01-16)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12