Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help - Maps for android unit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    TT should work with proper sound on Android - if there is a real problem it won't start at all.
    That is what I thought as well. TT should use the system TTX and audio engines without exception.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

I have my RoadNav S150 finally installed. The problem with TTS is very simple - S150 don't come with any TTS engine installed.
    I will play with few engines and see if it's possible to have them running reliably.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    I have my RoadNav S150 finally installed. The problem with TTS is very simple - S150 don't come with any TTS engine installed.
    I will play with few engines and see if it's possible to have them running reliably.
    Correction.
    We have TTS framework installed with Pico voice. S150 doesn't have Settings app to go in and see it.
    I found the Settings.apk which let me to see and manipulate voices. I also installed Nuance TTS voice and made it default. Nuance works much better than the Pico. Also, we should be able to get iGo TTS working with Nuance, just needs a bit of searching and tweaking.
    I am not working on the iGo TTS as yet. Concentrating on Tomtom for now.
    If people are interested, I can start a new topic dealing with S150 android unit. It has a lot to offer.

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

Hi fromaron & downunder, thanks for your inputs. Sorry I was overseas so couldn't get to check this thread.

Fromaron - Glad you finally bought the S150. Can you please let me know if you manage to get TT working with voice instruction on your unit. Also, is your Nuance TTS voice working? If so, I would love to know how to. I just need any australian TTS voice that works with iGo Primo.

My S150 is working well except old issue

- Tomtom sound doesn't work (I can hear tick,tick sounds but no voice. Navigation without voice works fine). I tried a later version but that just gives me error on start-up so sticking to this one.
    - I did install IVONA & SVOX TTS engines on my unit & they seem to be working fine but I can't get the australian voices to work (like karen, nicole etc.,).

Any assistance you can provide? Thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to shalinibhandari For This Useful Post:

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

It seems like we won't get TT voice to work as our S150 (as well as S100 - WinCE) don't have the right audio channel available. I tried tweaking all channels in S150 without any result. It might be due to the DSP used there.
    In order to use Nuance TTS with iGo we need to install the voice for Nuance. The one I found is not detected at all by iGo. The TTS option is greyed out.
    It would be nice if people can share the TTS voices they use with iGo for Android.
    I used to have a very good result using Loguendo but it requires a small file downloaded during initialization which is not happening any longer. The site it tries to download the file from is no longer alive. (:

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

ahhhh...okay...bad luck I guess.

Did you get tomtom to work on your device? My version 1.3 works fine except voices. Just need the voices to work. I can select any voice but it won't play.

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

Yes, Tomtom works in mute without any problems. In fact, I was running tomtom in mute in a past anyway, especially when I knew some of the trip better than TT so no big drama. Maybe in a future we get something to solve it.

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

So does it mean we can't "unmute" TT for S150? Voices won't work if we still want to?

remildredjerm (06-05-14)

Thanks

Default 800x480 resolution apk file

Quote Originally Posted by shalinibhandari View Post
    Tried your suggestions but no luck. Here's some info:

1. I downloaded & installed 800x480 resolution apk file, copied ONLY content directory from wince working iGo maps folder. The sdcard is detected but I get "please insert all iGO content" on the unit so I can't proceed further. So it appears it needs more files/directories other than content dir?

2. I installed iGo apk file. The copied ALL files off wince working igo maps onto the sdcard & tested. iGo is installed successfully but when opening up, the error comes up as "user interface resolution 9480x295] is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting application". I am not sure where its taking this info from as I already checked sys file, branding & data directories.

Need help, Thanks
    Please send me a link to this file. I am really battling to get my unit working.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nprioleau View Post
    Please send me a link to this file. I am really battling to get my unit working.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12