Thread: What is the best Nintendo videogame series?

Thanks

Default What is the best Nintendo videogame series?

Nintendo is a legend in the gaming industry. It has been around for quite some time and has helped the industry grow to what it is today.

Throughout the years, Nintendo has produced a lot of great video games. Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and many others have brought joy to gamers.

Given that Nintendo has developed a lot of classic video game series, which do you think is the best?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I personally think Pokemon games are the best Nintendo series I have played. I remember my very first Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow version, which I would stay up late at night playing the game, which is still one of my favorite video games. Also, I like to play Zelda game on the Nintendo console, which is my second favorite video games because I like the gameplay. I wish there are more Zelda games for the Nintendo DS, which I have been waiting for new Zelda games to come.

Thanks

I personally think the Super Smash Brothers series is one of the best ones Nintendo offers. Although Pokemon has offered incredible gameplay for so many years and a PRETTY consistent streak of good games, it HAS had its duds and in my opinion the Super Smash Brothers is one series that has improved with every incarnation, and has really taken the time to innovate with each new installment. Of course other people may disagree, but it's just my own opinion.

Thanks

Metroid would be my vote; though I have not played any in a while. I many classics came for that series. Super Metroid happens the be my favorite, but the original is close. Super Mario is another good series, as is Zelda. Nintendo has a way of drumming up long franchise series.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Ennis View Post
    Metroid would be my vote; though I have not played any in a while. I many classics came for that series. Super Metroid happens the be my favorite, but the original is close. Super Mario is another good series, as is Zelda. Nintendo has a way of drumming up long franchise series.
    That's really true-- I think that's why a series like Super Smash Brothers even has the chance to be as successful as it is is because they put so much effort into constantly sustaining and updating their other franchises. Metroid is a great game; thank you for reminding me as I sometimes forget, seeing as it was not a game I played much as a child. However, it's one I got into much later in life.

Thanks

I really need to play the Super Smash Brothers series. People keep telling me how great they are, yet I have never gotten around to playing. Is the game just fighting head to head? Are there challenge/adventure modes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Ennis View Post
    I really need to play the Super Smash Brothers series. People keep telling me how great they are, yet I have never gotten around to playing. Is the game just fighting head to head? Are there challenge/adventure modes?
    It really depends which version you play. On Super Smash Brothers Melee (for Gamecube) there is a "story mode" feature where, if I recall correctly, you play through a set list of challenges and battles as a character of your choice, leading up to a final "boss fight" with a giant hand. On Super Smash Brothers Brawl, for the wii, there is more of a classic "story mode" which is built as a side-scrolling beat-em-up challenge with multiple levels and a co-op mode that is designed more like a traditional adventure mode. But either way, the games really do make you work for your value, as there's tons of cool stuff to unlock as you play.

Thanks

I like the idea of diverse content scottguy. Fighting games get boring really fast for me. Unlockable content really helps to add spice; it keeps me motivated to play. I might have to dig out my Gamecube : )

Thanks

Definitely Super Smash Bros. That game is a shining example of why Nintendo is a legend! The gameplay system was so progressive that it changed games. There's still not a fighting game on the market that matches the fun and playability of Super Smash Bros. Those games will possibly never be bested.

Thanks

I'd also like to say that Smash Bros. is the best Nintendo video game series of all time. I played the heck out of Smash Bros. Multiplayer is especially fun! But I gave it a second thought and changed my pick to Super Mario Bros. Super Mario has been in town for most of my gaming life. I played Mario on the NES up to the Wii. It probably is the most well known video game all over the world. That's why I consider it the best.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Why Super Mario 1 and Lost Levels of course.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

4 year old thread.... and the OP hasn't been on the site in that long as well.

Closed.