Thread: TOMTOM ONE V3 Few questions

Thanks

Default TOMTOM ONE V3 Few questions

Im after a cheapy gps just for the occasional trip, was wondering if these Tomtoms support the maps you can acquire of BT etc.
    Is there much community support for these low end models?

Cheers
    -Mano

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Im after a cheapy gps just for the occasional trip, was wondering if these Tomtoms support the maps you can acquire of BT etc.
    Is there much community support for these low end models?

Cheers
    -Mano
    Mano,

Sorry mate, What is BT?!? LOL!

I personally wouldn't buy a V3 right now, most resellers are trying to dispose
    of these quickly right now because a new version of the One & OneXL is in the process of being rolled out right now.

These new One's include TTS as standard, Navcore 8 installed, and the new built in windscreen mounts.

and they're only about $50 more expensive than what the resellers are trying to flog off the old version one's for.

Regards
    Brian Bradnell

Thanks

you can get tts and mapshare working on a one v3 but takes alot of downloads they also dont have sd card slots so you wont have alot of room for maps as they get bigger and tomtom are always trying to cram more stuff in the navcore too if you get a cheep tomtom at least get one that will take an sd card.

i got a one xl with 2gig sd card and navcore 8 with latest aussie map my house mate has a one v3 and i dont think all the software will fit on hers the tts voice alone is 300 mb and they are out dated i already want to trade mine in

Thanks

I have ONE v2 (v2 with sd card, v3 is with internal memory) and could not get the latest navcore and maps working. But i saw a few guys got it working on ipmart forum.

with v2, at least you don't have a memory shortage problem like with v3s.

That "community support" is widely available for ONE XL. I'm not sure why but it is the most popular and hence easiest to hack GPS model.

Thanks

Default V4 TomTom One

I have V4 TomTom One which has SD card and internal memory, I have updates it to navcore 8 as well as the latest maps. So far I have yet to get TTS and bluetooth for the phone working, otherwise is a good unit.

Thanks

i have got nav 8 with aus map 720 working on my house mates one v3 but as for tts im not sure it will fit and i did notice the maps are getting bigger..