Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BULLSHIT alarm.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,412 Times in 2,516 Posts

When I saw the word "Penergizer" I first thought it was a device to (re)activate the male reproductive organ.

The net is of course full of BS 'solutions' for that.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

enf (19-03-17),lsemmens (25-03-16)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

Thanks NoMeat made I LOL!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,649 Posts

My bullshit alarm just went off.
    Instead of dynamic or static wheel + tyre balancing, this mob reckon their tyre fitting gel does it for you. lol
    Thoughts, discussion or opinion welcome.

Tire Balancer

Ride-On’s properties as a fully functioning, dynamic can prevent many of the headaches associated with misaligned or unbalanced tires. Ride-On’s function as a tire balancer is in addition to its better known function: treating tires in order to bypass the need for .
    When your tires are rotated or replaced, making sure they’re balanced should be a concern. Vibrations and unwanted movement may seem harmless, but they can be deleterious with regard to performance and mileage, and over time, misalignment can speed up the deterioration of certain parts of your vehicle. In addition to vibrations, uneven wear can seriously shorten the lifetime of your tires.
    Ride-On, however, hydrodynamically balances your tires. The familiar machine known as a static or “bubble” tire balancer accomplishes balancing through weights and considerable guesswork while the tire is stationary. Ride-On is a form of dynamic balancer, meaning balancing is accomplished while the wheel is in motion. Specifically, Ride-On gel’s fluid dynamics make it an ideal agent for balancing, since it will be re-seated even if the shape of the tire changes (due to natural wear, for instance).
    To date, multiple fleets have made a complete shift from traditional balancing to ride-on as a tire balancer. Long haul customers have reported a jaw-dropping 25% increase in the life of their tires after they started using Ride-On. Long haul fleets are just a small percentage of customers who take advantage of Ride-On’s tire balancing ability. It’s a car and as well.
    Ride-On’s product line now also includes tire protection systems like the Ride-On LED Smart Cap. To find out more about the Smart Cap, and to learn about the inclusion of with certain quantities, don’t hesitate to today.

Last edited by Tiny; 17-03-17 at 07:10 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,947 Posts

I've been using balance beads in my ute and truck tyres for years....
    Don't see why gel wouldn't work just as well....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    I've been using balance beads in my ute and truck tyres for years....
    Don't see why gel wouldn't work just as well....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
    I'd like to see a video of how this gel "hydrodynamically balances your tyres".
    I can't see how the beads would work either, sorry I'm a sceptic.

I just can't get my head around how something that moves around inside your wheel/tyre can balance it.
    Theoretically, under centrifugal force it would seek a point farther away from centre, making it more out of balance.

There testimony is the opposite of what I would expect to happen??

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,451 Posts

Yep. that sets off my bullshit alarm too.

The familiar machine known as a static or “bubble” tire balancer accomplishes balancing through weights and considerable guesswork while the tire is stationary.
    This is the first thing that sets of the BS alarm. For years my local tyre dealers have just been guessing? Wow.
    No. Fvck off! Any idiot with half a brain can watch the type ballacing machine and understand how it works.
    The wheel is spun and the machine measures (aka guesses) where the center of gravity is and then tells the operator how much weight to place on the tyre rim and where.
    The operator then re-measures (sorry - guesses again) the tyre and the machine checks the result. If it is within an acceptable tollerance then the tyre passes. If it doesn't it tells the operator how to correct the imbalance.

Ride-On is a form of dynamic balancer, meaning balancing is accomplished while the wheel is in motion. Specifically, Ride-On gel’s fluid dynamics make it an ideal agent for balancing, since it will be re-seated even if the shape of the tire changes (due to natural wear, for instance).
    No fvcking no! Think about going for a ride in the gyrotron carnival ride. But inside it just has a flat surface so that a ball can roll around or fluid can flow.
    Now spin the gyrotron but lets move the wall just slightly so that it is off center. If we let the ball go it will roll to the lowest point if it were flat. However in the spinning environment of the ride where cetrifugal force is dominant, the ball rolls to the point on the wall that is furthest from the axis. This is already where the imbalance is since the center of gravity is offset from the axis in this direction. The fluid will also flow to that point.
    Where does the machine tell the operator to put the lead weight to "counter balance"? That's right, the other side !

Long haul customers have reported a jaw-dropping 25% increase in the life of their tires after they started using Ride-On.
    Incredible Anecdotal evidence from Truckers. My bullshit alarm is now approaching Yuri Geller levels of hazardous bullshit.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks

IF you need to calibrate your Bullshit detector folks, then try this clown. David The Avocado Wolfe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,858 Times in 9,044 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    IF you need to calibrate your Bullshit detector folks, then try this clown. David The Avocado Wolfe

Oh...FFS...where does this guy find the time when he is OBVIOUSLY an advisor for Donald Trump?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Anecdotal fail for balance beads.

Found a video of what happened to the beads in a motorcycle tyre.
    Same as above; they failed & stuck to the inner circumference of the tyre.

Last edited by Tiny; 19-03-17 at 09:14 AM.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

trash (20-03-17)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post

Bahahahaha,

Someone spiked his chocolate.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (19-03-17)

Thanks

Oh the Avocado is the biggest duchebag I've had the displeasure of hearing about since John Edward.
    Even the spoon bending fraud Yuri Geller is saying "WTF!"

Worse, he's in Australia at the moment spreading his anti vax bullshit in places like Byron Bay where there are some locals with heads full of more shit than the local prawns.

I think natural selection is going to catch up with them sooner than later.
    It'll be interesting to see how many don't rush to get the polio vaccine when an outbreak occurs in Australia again.
    Given the pathetically low vaccination rates around Byron Bay (60%) it's likely the zombie apocalypse will start there. But huge numbers of the wretched undead can already be seen in the area so I'm not sure if it has already started.

Thanks

Oh I've been seeing a lot of shit on TV lately.
    This one appeared in an ad tonight.

"Resonant technology" to clean water. Riiiiight.

Then there is the carny folk tv ads.

The TAC glasses .... Ah fvck no. They're on TV now! $5 Polarised glasess ...for $50

And the "chill chest" ... $70 for a styrofoam esky. Fark... how do they sell this shit ?

and the "colour doctor" ... $80 for a wrist blood pressure unit that sells for $5 landed.
    Best part is the idiots that buy it will misuse them and think they're about to have a heart attack.
    Noooo. they just played that ad too before I even finished typing this post.
    Last edited by trash; 06-03-18 at 12:50 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (19-03-18),enf (06-03-18),lsemmens (06-03-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Installed this system six months ago . Living on the same property for 20 years . when the wife comments that the garden has never been greener and the vegies have never tasted better or been as abundant then something is going on . if i put bottles of water next to my beer it changes the taste and seems to reduce the effect .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

The worst I ever came across, and I've come across many, was years ago. I even forget what the product was, but I'll never forget the marketing material. A friend asked me to look at it, and I couldn't believe it. The hard sell was all about the well known 4 elements! And no, the periodic table had not suffered a sudden and dramatic reduction in its members. They were referring, of course, to Earth, air, fire and water! In then 20th century Australia! And I have little doubt they caught many.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

The magic plate that cleaned jewelry....FFS, some people are stupid.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,053 Times in 3,334 Posts

Do you mean the bit of aluminium plate that "cleaned" silver with a little bi-carb. We had a one, and it did make the silver shinier.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    My Bullshit Alarm goes nuts whenever I read about audiophile products such as $2000 power cords to give cleaner electricity to your amp for a purer sound.

"
    Every audiophile who has experimented with better power cables has heard the performance advantage they offer. Indeed, the amount of improvement can be astounding, often transforming a system from good to amazing."

The audiophile community is a goldmine of bullshit products and theories.

Crystal filled tubes you attach to cables to somehow tune the cables and make them sound better. Similar theoried blocks and bricks you place on your equipment to do something similar. Telos Quantum far-infrared anion stickers, you place on the components in your eqipment, to make them sound better.

Speaker and interconnect cables costing tens of thousands of dollars a pair. Even the belief in cable "burn in" where the audio properties of a particular cable always sound better after months of use. It's funny that cables always improve with age, never degrade. But I guess, if you're silly enough to spend $30,000 on a pair of cables, and you heard a change for the worse in the audio qualities, you'd be pretty pissed off. So I'm not surprised the perceived change is always an improvement.

There's also the ones you see at many of the leisure shows (camping and caravanning etc) little discs you attach to things like computer screens, mobile phones etc remove all the bad radiation they emit, by (according to the spruiker) "changing the hertz frequency" of the radiation. The first one I saw was back in the early 70's. A chrome disc with a hole in it, slightly smaller than the diameter of a cigarette. By passing the cigarette through the hole, you magically removed most of the tar and bad stuff from the cigarette, making them much safer to smoke.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

enf (11-03-18),lsemmens (09-03-18)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    The audiophile community is a goldmine of bullshit products and theories.

Crystal filled tubes you attach to cables to somehow tune the cables and make them sound better. Similar theoried blocks and bricks you place on your equipment to do something similar. Telos Quantum far-infrared anion stickers, you place on the components in your eqipment, to make them sound better.

Speaker and interconnect cables costing tens of thousands of dollars a pair. Even the belief in cable "burn in" where the audio properties of a particular cable always sound better after months of use. It's funny that cables always improve with age, never degrade. But I guess, if you're silly enough to spend $30,000 on a pair of cables, and you heard a change for the worse in the audio qualities, you'd be pretty pissed off. So I'm not surprised the perceived change is always an improvement.

There's also the ones you see at many of the leisure shows (camping and caravanning etc) little discs you attach to things like computer screens, mobile phones etc remove all the bad radiation they emit, by (according to the spruiker) "changing the hertz frequency" of the radiation. The first one I saw was back in the early 70's. A chrome disc with a hole in it, slightly smaller than the diameter of a cigarette. By passing the cigarette through the hole, you magically removed most of the tar and bad stuff from the cigarette, making them much safer to smoke.
    Or $9,000 for a block of wood

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (09-03-18),enf (11-03-18)

Thanks

Yep. I used to love the double blind tests they used to do with speaker cables. Compare your favourite $200 cables with 50 cent figure 8.
    It was piss funny that the hard core audiophile mainly picked the cheap figure 8 cable and then blame the speakers or the audio source etc.
    Reality was that the results were pretty much 50:50. ie. random and nobody could hear any difference.

Lucky for me, I can't hear the difference between an MP3 and LP. So I'm not susceptible to audiophile scams. I'm also not susceptible to real audio technology.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (10-03-18)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Do you mean the bit of aluminium plate that "cleaned" silver with a little bi-carb. We had a one, and it did make the silver shinier.
    My daughters do it with foil in a bowl...total cost 0.01¢ plus a teaspoon of bicarb....

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast