Thread: Windows 8.1 no internet connection issues

Thanks

Default Windows 8.1 no internet connection issues

I am using a laptop with windows 8.1 in a place where the only possible internet connection is by using a mobile phone sim card/data package in a usb dongle.

My problem is using the same laptop to locally connect to an RS485 serial to ethernet converter which is monitoring a solar power system.
    I am using a crossover cable from PC to converter. If I use an XP PC I can connect and the monitor program runs without any trouble whatsoever.
    However with windows 8.1 I get the irritating message "limited or no internet connection" which of course I already know !!
    I can log in to the converter from a browser using it's local ip address, I can ping the local ip as well.
    The monitor program uses ports other than 80 and will simply not connect.

I have tried much research, learned how to change public to private networks, disabled firewalls etc etc but cannot make it connect.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Update: all sorted now, the software I am using for monitoring called Aurora Communicator was (I think) the problem, I was using version 2.9.2 which came with a CD but downloaded later version 2.9.21 which does work.
    Hope this may help someone but it is possibly in the wrong section.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

Landytrack (29-03-14),tristen (27-03-14)