Thread: PLEASE HELP: I need help installing HyperVISION on an original XBOX….can you help?

Thanks

Default PLEASE HELP: I need help installing HyperVISION on an original XBOX….can you help?

G'day!!

I have just been reading a few old threads about xbox's etc as I discovered only a few days ago about HyperVISION and CoinOPS and have been trying to get my old xbox to breathe some new life!

It's been a long time since I mucked around with the xbox (used to use it as my main media player with T3CH patches etc) but I managed to get HyperVISION to FTP across to the unit, and CoinOPS 6 is nearly finished downloading.

I was hoping I can ask someone to help me though, because my attempts at getting HyperVISION up and running have been poor!

I have installed HyperVISION in my F: (the biggest drive) in F:/Apps/Emulators/HyperVISION and the rome folders are inside this directory.

I can launch HyperVISION, the front end, but when I try to launch a game, it comes back with …..

"ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run."

and lists all of the roms it is trying to find without success.

I'm know this is most likely just a "sources" path issue, but I have NO IDEA where I should be putting the roms, and even if the roms supplied within HyperVISION are correct? (the entire HyperVISION package is only about 6.5Gb, and CoinOPS is 70+ Gb)

Should the roms be zipped?? The ones that came with HyperVISION are not...

Do I need to put MAME roms in the rom folders? Do I need to have CoinOPS installed first?

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light onto where I need to be putting the roms (required directory structure), or what I might be doing wrong (probably many things!!)

The setup looks kick-ass and I'd love to get it going!!

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer…..

CHEERS!!!

Knight
    Last edited by knight2001dts; 29-03-14 at 12:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to knight2001dts For This Useful Post:

raedemarkshant (26-04-14)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

P.S.

My current directory structure is like this:

HyperVISION is stored here……

F:/Apps/Emulators/HyperVISION (complete package with "roms folder inside containing unpacked ROMS…not unpacked by me)

I have tried copying some of the roms across to F:/Games/Roms (this is what the text file says in the F: after installing SLAYERS boot disc)….. doesn't work either…

After launching HyperVISION, and selecting a game to play, it actively looks for the game ROMS to start it, but can't find them…..

I guess what I really need to know is WHERE do I put the ROMS, or WHAT do I edit to change the location???

CHEERS!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to knight2001dts For This Useful Post:

raedemarkshant (26-04-14)

Thanks

What program did you use to FTP? Are you sure all files transferred across?