Thread: XP users might use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Default XP users might use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

MS decided to put XP to rest...

XP users might use the to see if their PC is ready for Windows 7.

If the Upgrade Advisor determines that a computer is not Windows 7 compatible, there are still two ways: one buys a new computer or switch to Linux. The free software (open source), there is a free browser, E-Mail programs, Office suites, image editing software, and much more that XP users are familiar with from your computer. There are very many different Linux packages (distributions) that contain a user interface and all major programs.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 09-04-14 at 04:06 AM.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Default XP users might use the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Or just keep using XP, it's not like computers won't boot up anymore if they're running XP

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

I've never seen so many people wanting to put XP to rest, JUST because MS will not be issuing updates!! They must have MS tattoo'ed somewhere inconspicuously hidden on their torso!

XP is running JUST FINE on my two laptops and Desktop Server. Did you know that there are a good lot of printer mfrs(the one I have in particular in mind is HP) that did NOT come out with a Win7 driver for some of their older printers! They want you to buy new JUST like MS does with future OS's!

I have no intentions of upgrading to Win8/8.1!

But if I did, I would go to Win7. (provided I had enough Ram 2+gb) Using the Upgrade Advisor listed above tells you just what will and wont work!

There is also another program in addition to the Upgrade Advisor that helps the XP to Win7 transition. It will move all your XP programs over/up to Win7!

It is called, "wet7xp_x86.exe" and it is 7,431kb in size!

my two cents, cmangle
    Last edited by cmangle; 09-04-14 at 12:31 PM. Reason: forgot a word, think faster than i type!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cmangle For This Useful Post:

best4less (28-04-14),jok11n (09-04-14),Landytrack (09-04-14),Philquad (09-04-14),Ralfo (12-04-14),tagg (09-04-14)

Premium Member

Thanks

Has to be kept in mind there are a number of older software which will not run on the later versions of windows (7/8 whatever), software which programs older radio communication or other electronic equipment.

In any event many people will have two or more computers about with windows 7, 8 which can be used for online purposes.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jok11n View Post
    Or just keep using XP, it's not like computers won't boot up anymore if they're running XP
    If you decide to keep XP and want to use Internet, then SWITCH BROWSERS, if not done yet.

If you're using Internet Explorer under Windows XP, it's time to stop. Windows XP only supports Internet Explorer 9, which means that it's at least two versions out of date and vulnerable to some exploits.

Both Chrome and Firefox have up-to-date versions for Windows XP

Fortunately, both Google Chrome and Firefox have been continuously updated for Windows XP, so you can download the latest version and be confident that you'll get future updates, too.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

cmangle (10-04-14),lsemmens (09-04-14),OSIRUS (10-04-14)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I'll second that J!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

That, jwoegerbauer, I will third. IE has ALWAYS been junk and will continue to be junk!

. . . . and to explain a little as to why I'm pro XP, I really think it S U C K S that every time MS comes out with what THEY think you should be running for an OS, you have to have it, whether by OEM install or by cutting off updates for previous OS's!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle View Post
    I really think it S U C K S that every time MS comes out with what THEY think you should be running for an OS, you have to have it, whether by OEM install or by cutting off updates for previous OS's!
    This isn't exclusive to MS - it's the same with every software developer out there. People just seem to like blowing up at the MS and Apple's of the world.

To suggest MS 'prematurely' cut off updates for older/previous OSes is surely an uninformed statement. I don't know many software developers that still actively support 13 year old software when there have been at least 3 replacement products made.

Thanks

Edit, replied in wrong thread.
    Last edited by Dave001; 10-04-14 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks

Simply upgrade to the higher operating system instead of sticking with this outdated operating system. That is the most logical think to do.