Thread: Win CE 6.0 Core device running TomTom maps - a few questions

Thanks

Default Win CE 6.0 Core device running TomTom maps - a few questions

I have just acquired a Takera GP63 sat nav which runs WinCE 6.0 Core and according to the manual has built in TomTom maps.

The device only has continental European maps installed (France, Belgium, Germany etc) but I want to add UK maps.

There is limited info on Takera which is a French company...and its all in French.

I have previously successfully installed TT on a Navigo as well as various HP PDA devices.

I was basically downloading various Navcores and maps and using FastActivate.

But is it possible to just add UK maps to the existing Takera "navcore" which I guess is custom built for Takera? Other than TT maps being mentioned on the box, there is no TT logo of anything when you boot up.

If not, can you install a generic TT Navcore which will work with any WinCE 6.0 Core device or does it need to be tweaked for a specific make/ model?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

TomTom maps means that the maps are produced by TomTom not that it runs on the TomTom platform.
    TomTom is not really designed for Wince6.0

Thanks

Thanks.

It looks like my Takara GP63 Sat Nav is just a generic Chinese WinCE 6.0 device.

I guess I'm just looking for a way to run any UK maps, whether or not they are TT maps.

I think that iGO runs on WinCE so maybe that is an option?

Or maybe there are generic "Chinese" UK maps?

I guess my question is how do I add UK (or all of Europe, incl UK) maps to my generic Chinese WinCE sat nav?

Thanks