Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enabling Features in nuvi 1xxx series [TTS, SLI, LA & JCV]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    Not sure what you're asking for there actually. If you want additional voices, just hook the modded unit up to WebUpdater and they'll be offered. The only 1xxx series units not having TTS as standard are 1100, but after the flash they'll also be offered by WU. Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're requesting ......
    Surething I was rather vague.. Apologies. I've got garmin mobile xt on my old nokia phone and wanted to see if I could get some tts voices. I have not heard that the software limits it but it can't hurt to try! Hence when I saw your initial link to some tts voices (that's now dead) I thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks

Ve hav gud news und ve hav bad news [remember those jokes? If not, then you're Gen X or later i guess ]

The good news is that i've got it and now understand what you're wanting - the Aussie Karen and Lee TTS voices. The bad news is that Garmin Mobile XT can't use any of the 3 different formats of TTS .vpm files which are only for dedicated Garmin PND devices. Sorry, all you can use for English guidance are the non-TTS voice files, English_American_.vpm and English_British_.vpm.

Thanks

Ve hav gud news und ve hav bad news [remember those jokes? If not, then you're Gen X or later i guess ]

The good news is that i've got it and now understand what you're wanting - the Aussie Karen and Lee TTS voices. The bad news is that Garmin Mobile XT can't use any of the 3 different formats of TTS .vpm files which are only for dedicated Garmin PND devices. Sorry, all you can use for English guidance are the non-TTS voice files, English_American_.vpm and English_British_.vpm.
    No idea. I just found out today that I'm Gen Y when a few guys were talking about Windows NT. Thanks for the clarifying about Garmin. I thought as much it wouldn't but couldn't find anything to confirm it. I will be travelling shortly and taking my old phone as my Navigation device. It will improve my knowledge of the streets!

Thanks

Maybe you could get free Ovi navigation, if you're running GMXT your phone must be at earliest S^60 and most S^60 and later Symbian devices qualify i think for Ovi maps [i'm no Symbian expert though]. That way you'd get street names and still have on-board mapping data [Navteq/HERE]. From memory it's not true TTS but the end result is the same: 'Turn left at Smith Street' for example. Have fun on the road mate.

Thanks

Garmin.rar link for V6.30 has been kindly updated by Staff in the initial post.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Garmin.rar link for V6.30 has been kindly updated by Staff in the initial post.
    ....but you still got accused of "whinging" and chucking a "tantrum" to do it.

Good on you for keeping your cool. Not sure why moderators saw fit to leap down the throat of someone trying to improve and contribute (fairly politely too, I thought) to the forum.

But, as they keep reminding us, "If you don't like it; leave."

After seeing your recent treatment, I understand why so many old members who used to contribute, have taken that advice.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    ....but you still got accused of "whinging" and chucking a "tantrum" to do it.

Good on you for keeping your cool. Not sure why moderators saw fit to leap down the throat of someone trying to improve and contribute (fairly politely too, I thought) to the forum.

But, as they keep reminding us, "If you don't like it; leave."

After seeing your recent treatment, I understand why so many old members who used to contribute, have taken that advice.
    You might also understand that trolling also attracts the attention of staff. As it has absolutely nothing to do with you, I suggest you butt out and mind your own business. And yes, if you dont like being told to mind your own business, do go elsewhere.

Back to the topic. Thats my one and only warning on the subject.

Thanks

Hi Surething

Great effort.

That link has expired. The file is no longer available. Can anyone please upload the file again ?
    Thanks

Thanks

Unfortunately i missed your request until now haniatef so my apologies. However the link in initial post to the file at bin.ge is alive and well, anyway here it is again: . Should you be wanting the AU_TTS2_Voices.rar [which is dead at 1fichier] i've updated the voices to the latest files and it's now also available at bin.ge too: .

Should anyone wish to add the Routes function from nuvi 14xx to a junior model (11xx, 12xx, 13xx) just go to this thread at GPS Power: .

Once 'Routes' is enabled you will have a new yellow arrow Icon in both the 'Where To?' and 'Tools' pages:

You can send routes to the nuvi from BaseCamp and also make routes on your device to save for later use and import to BaseCamp as well.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (16-05-16)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12