Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enabling Features in nuvi 1xxx series [TTS, SLI, LA & JCV]

Thanks

Default Enabling Features in nuvi 1xxx series [TTS, SLI, LA & JCV]

Preamble:

Garmin 1xxx series nuvi models have different features enabled, even within sub-series. For instance, 1100 has none of the features enabled in other models including TTS [Text to Speech] therefore it cannot speak street names ['Turn left on Elm Street']. 1200 and 1300 have TTS, but do not display SLI [Speed Limit Indicator], LA [Lane Assist] or JCV [Junction View]. Although some models such as 1300 were not retailed in Australia [only 1350 and 1390 were sold locally] many units are brought into Australia and New Zealand from overseas by tourists or bought on eBay from EU and NA by locals. This procedure will work on all 1xxx units regardless of their origin and localisation provided they use US/EU firmware. This Tutorial is not meant for Asian firmware units.

All Garmin units have a portion of the flash which is hidden from the normal user. This is divided into 'regions' [rgn] numbered from 1 to 255 however nowhere near all are ever populated, and some rgns are always empty. One used region common to all is rgn16 which contains the logo seen on the flash screen at the initial stage of the boot process. In 1xxx this region also controls which firmware functions can be utilised by the unit. Essentially all non-Asian 1100 & 1200 series have exactly the same basic hardware and use the same firmware, as do 13xx and 14xx. Therefore we can enable additional functions by modifying rgn16. Some examples: 1300 has an Inventory splash number of D1340-00, giving TTS but not SLI, LA or JCV. 1350 has splash D1340-30 which enables all except JCV. 1390/1450/1490 AU models have all features enabled out of the box because they have splash of D1340-50 and therefore cannot benefit from this flash. In fact it is their logo which can be flashed to the junior models to enable all the extra features in them. You can check your unit's current Splash by going to the Inventory Page. On the 'Where To?'/'Map' screen, hold the battery symbol in the top RH corner firmly for about 5-6 seconds, then press Next>Start Test>More. Look at the field beside 'Splash' to see the current number. If the last two digits are below 50 we can enable something. If it's already 50, go find something constructive to do, 'cos we can't enable any further features.

All modification carries some risk but with this flash there is virtually none. Although this is a very safe procedure I cannot take any responsibility for an adverse outcome because the actual execution is beyond my control. However you'd have to do something quite silly like modifying the commands to cock-up. All the files have been compiled by myself personally and tested on a couple of my own units to ensure they are working as intended. Everything is done using a microSD card, there are no complicated flashing routines and the process is fully automated. If you do have trouble, post here and I'll help you. However, if you aren't comfortable then please just don't do it.

Before Proceeding:

Firstly, update your firmware to latest version 6.30 if it's not already running that version. To check, press Tools>Settings>System>About.

1. IMPORTANT. Ensure your unit has a fully charged battery.
    2. Fully read the preamble above if you haven't already.
    3. Make a full backup of your file system including the .System folder, or at least do a backup of your favourites if you wish to restore them. To show hidden folders see Tiny's under 'For The Current & Latest Garmin Series (1xxx/2xxx/37xx)'.
    4. IMPORTANT: Either HARD RESET the unit, or CLEAR NONVOL. Hard reset is done by holding the lower RH corner of the screen while turning the unit on, follow the prompts. Clear Non-volatile memory by pressing the 'Speed' field on the map page, hold the centre of the Speedometer for ~6 seconds, when the Diagnostics Page appears, press Developer Info>'Nonvol Available>Clear Nonvol. [Clear Nonvol is simply more comprensive than hard reset].

How to Do It:

1. Download this file:
    2. Extract it onto an otherwise completely empty microSD card.
    3. Ensure your unit is completely off. Place the card into your unit and turn it on.

You will see the alternating words 'Software Loading' and 'Loader' appear on the screen. Let the process completely finish and the unit reboot. Then hard reset or clear NV again.

Check that you have both 16_backup.bin and 41_backup bin in the folder microSD:/Garmin/Backup. If both are present the process should have been successful and you will have a new file named update.log in the Updater/xxxx folder [xxxx is your unit's HWID, e.g. 0972 for 13/14xx]. The log is simply a form of .txt file and can be opened with any text editor. The contents should read:
    Parsing "rrgn,16,1:/Garmin/backup/16_backup.bin"
    Success
    Parsing "rrgn,41,1:/Garmin/backup/41_backup.bin"
    Success
    Parsing "xrgn,16,1:/Garmin/16.bin"
    Success
    Parsing "reboot"

Keep copies of both bin files [especially 41_backup.bin] in a safe place. 41.bin should have size of 4096KB. It is the most important region on your unit and contains important data specific to your unit. The information is encrypted, but if the region ever becomes corrupted, it can be restored from your 41_backup.bin

To use Junction View, you will need to obtain the relevant JCV file for your current map. The file either goes in the folder nuvi:/.System/JCV or microSD:/Garmin/JCV.

For 1100, you'll need the appropriate TTS voices. Here's our very own local Ken & Barbie, Lee and my personal all-time favourite the lovely Karen Jacobsen: .

SLI & LA are used from the detail map so they don't require anything other than the usual City Navigator NT map. The features may not be available when using other than CN maps however.

Any queries, questions or quibbles please post here.
    Last edited by Surething; 03-05-14 at 10:12 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Blackbiro (03-05-14),cwhitet (19-05-14),SS Dave (27-05-14),Tiny (05-05-14),unavilable (27-04-16)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Surething

Great effort.

It always amazes me to see what level of expertise some people have for modifying a piece of equipment to suit their requirements.

What a great post.

Fortunately I own a 1490T which has the features as you mentioned above so I just keep the maps and poi's up to date.

Cheers
    Sometimes you are the pigeon, sometimes you are the statue.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Blackbiro For This Useful Post:

Surething (04-05-14)

Thanks

Hi Surething

Great effort.

It always amazes me to see what level of expertise some people have for modifying a piece of equipment to suit their requirements.

What a great post.

Fortunately I own a 1490T which has the features as you mentioned above so I just keep the maps and poi's up to date.

Cheers
    Last edited by Blackbiro; 03-05-14 at 10:25 PM. Reason: doubled posted not sure how to delete 2nd?

Thanks

Thx for the praise Mate, but really my effort is more in putting it all together into a 'how to' that can be easily understood and done by the average joe [which is what I am]. I'm not a programmer or software expert. I can do very basic stuff with a hex editor only. Everything in the initial post was thought up by someone else, mostly from the Eastern bloc. I think it was a Slovenian who discovered the link between 1xxx feature enabling and rgn16. Who'd have thought the logo flash would have anything to do with that for Heaven's sake?? The original way I did it was by an RGN file composed of the boot.bin and 16.bin flashed with Updater.exe in pre-boot mode, all very fiddly and not at all user-friendly for a mug like me at the time. Then it was a Russian [or Pole] who publicised the ability to run txt commands from a media card using the boot.bin named as Ldr.bin, something which had apparently previously only been known to a very select few outside of Garmin itself. Using that easy automated process to re-flash rgn16 was just a natural progression for anyone who knew the two processes by putting them together.

The 14x0 has a nasty habit of letting go the usb connection to the main board. One hard tug on the connection the wrong way and it's gone because it's not well supported other than by the soldering. It can be repaired by reflowing, but it's a fiddly and frustrating job without the right kit. You'll see 1450s and 1490s on ebay all the time advertised as probably having a faulty charging lead [which can be replaced relatively easily] because they only mention that the unit drops the connection in the car [what they usually don't say is that they also won't stay connected to a PC ]. I have one I got for next to nothing with that fault because the seller had been completely honest, and didn't try to blame the charger. It charges ok if the lead is taped to the back of the unit firmly, but that doesn't work with any PC lead. I can update everything from the microSD, not just flash regions. i.e. maps, voices, PIOs, etc. In fact delete, copy and/or replace any file or folder on the unit without using a PC. I mention this because both you and Tiny have 1490s, and it may help someone else. Also can happen with other 1xxx but it's rare other than 14xx. I'm told nuvi 5x also have that weakness but I'm yet to see one with the fault so I can't say for sure.

As to the back-up of region 41, that's an amazing tool for anyone who tends to mess around with mods for a Garmin. I've bought bricked units which wouldn't respond to flashing with cure firmware, but will work when rgn41 was erased. Unfortunately, that often means loss of features with some units and loss of registration and unlock codes for all. Big problem if you don't know how to get your LM downloads without the unit, which is another story. So even a backup 41.bin that's years old can be flashed to some obstinately bricked units to revive them. The unit will then otherwise update itself when rebooted if all the correct codes are back. Unfortunately, flashing another unit's rgn41 will not work because of the individual data contained in it, even if it's from an identical model unit off the same production run.

You can do the 41 backup only by modifying the kit I posted. For an AU non-MTK chip 1490 you only need the 0972 folder in Garmin/Updater remove the other folders and 16.bin [an MTK chip will use the 1104 folder]. Then remove the first and third lines in update.txt using NotePad, so that it reads:

rrgn,41,1:/Garmin/backup/41_backup.bin
    reboot

There must be no spaces or carriage returns, or you can just copy and paste the above exactly and it will work. I'm sure yours will be 0972, but to know for sure what folder name and ldr.bin to use, check your HWID in the unit's Inventory page, second field in top line next to Boot BLK: B0972-00 or B1104-00 for 13/14xx. Or you can find it from the GarminDevice.xml in the unit's Garmin folder. Look towards the start for <PartNumber>006-Bxxxx-00</PartNumber>. HWID is xxxx.
    Last edited by Surething; 04-05-14 at 03:38 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Blackbiro (04-05-14),Tiny (05-05-14)

Thanks

Default Link to file Garmin.rar Broken i think

Gday Surething First off Thanks fot the Awsome Tute
    i have a a Couple Differnnt Bran GPS's that i have been able to Modify but im having trouble with my Garmin 1490T i have the Lifetime Updates on it only for the Street Maps CN Australia & NZ , i have done most mods and upgrades to it and many other GPS units But i find this 1 File annoyij\ng me
    when i bought it it came with Frooe Topo Australia & NZ v4 , i somehow mixed up the Micro Card From it and somehow must of lost it or Formated i was able to find an unlocked v4 Download , when i use Garmin Express or online using My Dashboard .
    It shows the CN Aust/NZ as activated or whatever with all the info on it but it shows topo Australia on both online ans Express but no details only shows a link buy it , My GPS has no problem seeing and using the v4 Unlocked Map i have the unlocked v5 Lite now but that dosnt show up in Settings Maps it only shows the Street Maps , il try figure that out myself ,i know its a couple months old topic but reason im Replying im trying to download the file link you posted for file Garmin.rar , i am Registered at 1fichier.com so when i click on the link there is no file option to download and i dont want to waste any cash paying to go Premium , to find the file link is still not there or broken , I was wondering if you could find the time to re upload the Garmin.rar file and another Link , im usualy a find it myself kind of guy so im not Stupid , i Think i have searched the forum and Google but cant either find the file or know if its the correct Garmin File on Google because there is no mention i can see of what the filename is that you put onto a SD Card to get the words 'Software Loading' and 'Loader' appear on the screen, Am i Doing something Wrong ? any Help or Point me in the write Direction would be Greatly Appreciated very Greatly

Sincerly
    Itchy999

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

That link has expired (no download for 60days).

If you're lucky Surething will upload it again for you.

If you're looking for Maps; try GPSU.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Thanks Tiny
    I dont have a problem finding maps and most files , but the link Surething posted for a file called Garmin.rar is the file im trying to Download , but there is no mention of what the filenames in the Rar file are, im not to sure..
    A Bit of what Surething posted The file should run automatic on boot with the Words
    " 'Software Loading' and 'Loader' appear on the screen"
    Its got something to do with
    "Check that you have both 16_backup.bin and 41_backup bin in the folder microSD:/Garmin/Backup. If both are present the process should have been successful and you will have a new file named update.log in the Updater/xxxx folder [xxxx is your unit's HWID, e.g. 0972 for 13/14xx]. "

Thanks for the input Tiny

Thanks

G'day Itchy,
    I've re-uped to 1fichier. But ... here's the bad news for you Mate, it's useless to you for modding your 1490. You have a 'senior' model on which this mod is based. You must've missed this in Post #1:
    1390/1450/1490 AU models have all features enabled out of the box because they have splash of D1340-50 and therefore cannot benefit from this flash. In fact it is their logo which can be flashed to the junior models to enable all the extra features in them. You can check your unit's current Splash by going to the Inventory Page. On the 'Where To?'/'Map' screen, hold the battery symbol in the top RH corner firmly for about 5-6 seconds, then press Next>Start Test>More. Look at the field beside 'Splash' to see the current number. If the last two digits are below 50 we can enable something. If it's already 50, go find something constructive to do, 'cos we can't enable any further features.
    But you can potentially benefit by at least making a backup of your unit's region41, it's actually way way more important than an internal files backup. The backup of rgn41 is included in the region dump commands in the Garmin.rar pack for the flash, but i've also make an separate pack for an NV rgn41 backup for the 1xxx series.

Here's both files here as unfortunately it's too late to edit my initial post:

Logo flash & 41bkp 1xxx:
    41 backup only for 1xxx:
    Last edited by Surething; 09-11-14 at 10:06 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Surething For This Useful Post:

Tiny (10-11-14)

Thanks

Hey guys First off
    Sorry been away for cpl days an old friend died and had his funeral, other Day
    Hay Surething, Great, actually one of the best descriptions on doing something without using pictures for illustration,
    The Other Sorry Surething I am guilty as you said I must of read it mid way , yes I did and I appreciate the other Tips you gave , I will read up and give a couple a go ...
    Sorry if I wasted any of your time but you have somehow put it into perspective for me, I have other Questions I will be asking on other threads or posts so I’m sure we will chat again, I have seen your names on a few Topics when I used to b4 becoming a Member, I used to just bookmark and read parts of it .But now I’ve got a good place, friendly Advice, I will stick around
    Thank you
    & to you two Tiny & Surething Thank You Very Much for your help, I will pick your brains again LOL

Sincerely Itchy
    For now il have a read and check out some of the mods i could try

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itchy999 For This Useful Post:

Surething (13-11-14),Tiny (12-11-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by itchy999 View Post
    Hay Surething, Great, actually one of the best descriptions on doing something without using pictures for illustration
    For now il have a read and check out some of the mods i could try
    Thx for the acknowledgement Mate. I try to make my tuts plain and easy-to-follow as i had to wade thru quite a lot of incomprehensible ones when i was learning this stuff [still learning too ]. About the only pics i could have added would have been for showing different features such as LA & SLI on the navigation screen and JCV samples, so couldn't see the point really.

Afaik, there's not any mods out there for your 1490 but maybe i've missed something. If you find anything let's know here. Quite a few of us have 14x0 units inluding Tiny & blackbiro, and i've got 2 x 1450 and a 1490. Always happy to try anything new.

Thanks

Thanx Surething iv been modding stuff for years all self tought as when i was a young fella the school i went to was where the worst of the worst students go , so i have no real Cirtificates except my Forklift , & Security Licence,,
    Most of what i do is self tought or iv asked the people on forums like this to get a better handling , the only Hacks i know for the 1440 are hold onto the batry symble for 5 seconds , and theres another Track Mod cant remember what that did but it wasnt anything hackable more of a Log File or something but iv managed to mod my older models that were running windows ce so the exploit was able to unlock it as it was an 2004 model navman no longer updateable, so i was able to run OziExplorer and street nav i used iGO* , Hey while im here i have an updated POI for Speedcams files are named
    (AustraliaCyclopsSample.gma + AustraliaCyclopsSample.gpi + AustraliaCyclopsSample.unl ) do i rename the file i got which is called AustraliaCyclops, the file i have is Australia and New Zealand with (1V0036258) in brackets i believe i did get the unlocked file , im just not sure what to name it and do i delete all the Sample Ones , Thanks Champ...
    Itchy

Thanks

The 'hold battery symbol' entry to hidden menu isn't strictly a hack, all nuvi series and related dezls & zumos have that as an 'easter egg', although earlier nuvi 300/600 and StreetPilot c300/c500 enter it by holding the clock in the top RH corner instead of the battery symbol. I've mentioned it in the initial post for checking what Splash version is installed on 1xxx.

The visible tracking can be turned on or off by Tools>Settings>Trip log and select Hide or Show.

Any further hacking of 1450/1490 would involve going 'under the hood' with the firmware and without the source code that means serious reverse-engineering. It's possible to flash some Asian firmware to US/EU devices but it often ends in unsatisfactory results with TTS or such. 7x5 is one which cross flashes nicely but 1xxx are tricky and not for the feint-hearted or uninformed. I'd suggest best be content with your 1490 as it is.

The sample cyclops file is the one which was preloaded to your nuvi no doubt. It'd be well out of date and in any case was only some major cams at the time. Garmin issued new AU Cyclops files yesterday. I'm unable to post links under the new rules here, so just google 'gpspower' and look there for 'Cyclop Safety Cameras for Garmin', at the base of the first post you'll find what you're wanting, updated only this morning. Remove all the existing files including the gma one which might otherwise interfere. Back all of them up of course if you like. The new files should be named simply 'safety_camera_australia.gpi' but you can change it. It's a bit ot here discussing safety cams and giving any unlocking advice may not be appreciated by Mods anyway so i'm unable to help you further with that.

Tiny (15-11-14)

Thanks

Default Still trying to find "Garmin.rar"

Quote Originally Posted by Surething View Post
    G'day Itchy,
    I've re-uped to 1fichier. But ... here's the bad news for you Mate, it's useless to you for modding your 1490. You have a 'senior' model on which this mod is based. You must've missed this in Post #1:

But you can potentially benefit by at least making a backup of your unit's region41, it's actually way way more important than an internal files backup. The backup of rgn41 is included in the region dump commands in the Garmin.rar pack for the flash, but i've also make an separate pack for an NV rgn41 backup for the 1xxx series.

Here's both files here as unfortunately it's too late to edit my initial post:

Logo flash & 41bkp 1xxx:
    41 backup only for 1xxx:

I seem to be a few weeks late to the party and wonder if anyone can direct me to another location where I might download the "Garmin.rar" file mention in this "Unlock Features" thread? In fact, if it would help, I'd be more than happy to give up some of my own server space to host the necessary files for a while. Let me know.

Cheers!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bernett2 View Post
    I seem to be a few weeks late to the party and wonder if anyone can direct me to another location where I might download the "Garmin.rar" file mention in this "Unlock Features" thread? In fact, if it would help, I'd be more than happy to give up some of my own server space to host the necessary files for a while. Let me know.

Cheers!!
    The link is still valid above...ensure that you are logged in, which I assume you are with your post.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gabateman For This Useful Post:

Surething (10-01-15)

Thanks

works like a charm !
    thank you

Thanks

Preamble:

Garmin 1xxx series nuvi models have different features enabled, even within sub-series. For instance, 1100 has none of the features enabled in other models including TTS [Text to Speech] therefore it cannot speak street names ['Turn left on Elm Street']. 1200 and 1300 have TTS, but do not display SLI [Speed Limit Indicator], LA [Lane Assist] or JCV [Junction View]. Although some models such as 1300 were not retailed in Australia [only 1350 and 1390 were sold locally] many units are brought into Australia and New Zealand from overseas by tourists or bought on eBay from EU and NA by locals. This procedure will work on all 1xxx units regardless of their origin and localisation provided they use US/EU firmware. This Tutorial is not meant for Asian firmware units.

All Garmin units have a portion of the flash which is hidden from the normal user. This is divided into 'regions' [rgn] numbered from 1 to 255 however nowhere near all are ever populated, and some rgns are always empty. One used region common to all is rgn16 which contains the logo seen on the flash screen at the initial stage of the boot process. In 1xxx this region also controls which firmware functions can be utilised by the unit. Essentially all non-Asian 1100 & 1200 series have exactly the same basic hardware and use the same firmware, as do 13xx and 14xx. Therefore we can enable additional functions by modifying rgn16. Some examples: 1300 has an Inventory splash number of D1340-00, giving TTS but not SLI, LA or JCV. 1350 has splash D1340-30 which enables all except JCV. 1390/1450/1490 AU models have all features enabled out of the box because they have splash of D1340-50 and therefore cannot benefit from this flash. In fact it is their logo which can be flashed to the junior models to enable all the extra features in them. You can check your unit's current Splash by going to the Inventory Page. On the 'Where To?'/'Map' screen, hold the battery symbol in the top RH corner firmly for about 5-6 seconds, then press Next>Start Test>More. Look at the field beside 'Splash' to see the current number. If the last two digits are below 50 we can enable something. If it's already 50, go find something constructive to do, 'cos we can't enable any further features.

All modification carries some risk but with this flash there is virtually none. Although this is a very safe procedure I cannot take any responsibility for an adverse outcome because the actual execution is beyond my control. However you'd have to do something quite silly like modifying the commands to cock-up. All the files have been compiled by myself personally and tested on a couple of my own units to ensure they are working as intended. Everything is done using a microSD card, there are no complicated flashing routines and the process is fully automated. If you do have trouble, post here and I'll help you. However, if you aren't comfortable then please just don't do it.

Before Proceeding:

Firstly, update your firmware to latest version 6.20 if it's not already running that version. To check, press Tools>Settings>System>About.

1. IMPORTANT. Ensure your unit has a fully charged battery.
    2. Fully read the preamble above if you haven't already.
    3. Make a full backup of your file system including the .System folder, or at least do a backup of your favourites if you wish to restore them. To show hidden folders see Tiny's under 'For The Current & Latest Garmin Series (1xxx/2xxx/37xx)'.
    4. IMPORTANT: Either HARD RESET the unit, or CLEAR NONVOL. Hard reset is done by holding the lower RH corner of the screen while turning the unit on, follow the prompts. Clear Non-volatile memory by pressing the 'Speed' field on the map page, hold the centre of the Speedometer for ~6 seconds, when the Diagnostics Page appears, press Developer Info>'Nonvol Available>Clear Nonvol. [Clear Nonvol is simply more comprensive than hard reset].

How to Do It:

1. Download this file: .
    2. Extract it onto an otherwise completely empty microSD card.
    3. Ensure your unit is completely off. Place the card into your unit and turn it on.

You will see the alternating words 'Software Loading' and 'Loader' appear on the screen. Let the process completely finish and the unit reboot. Then hard reset or clear NV again.

Check that you have both 16_backup.bin and 41_backup bin in the folder microSD:/Garmin/Backup. If both are present the process should have been successful and you will have a new file named update.log in the Updater/xxxx folder [xxxx is your unit's HWID, e.g. 0972 for 13/14xx]. The log is simply a form of .txt file and can be opened with any text editor. The contents should read:
    Parsing "rrgn,16,1:/Garmin/backup/16_backup.bin"
    Success
    Parsing "rrgn,41,1:/Garmin/backup/41_backup.bin"
    Success
    Parsing "xrgn,16,1:/Garmin/16.bin"
    Success
    Parsing "reboot"

Keep copies of both bin files [especially 41_backup.bin] in a safe place. 41.bin should have size of 4096KB. It is the most important region on your unit and contains important data specific to your unit. The information is encrypted, but if the region ever becomes corrupted, it can be restored from your 41_backup.bin

To use Junction View, you will need to obtain the relevant JCV file for your current map. The file either goes in the folder nuvi:/.System/JCV or microSD:/Garmin/JCV.

For 1100, you'll need the appropriate TTS voices. Here's our very own local Ken & Barbie, Lee and my personal all-time favourite the lovely Karen Jacobsen: .

SLI & LA are used from the detail map so they don't require anything other than the usual City Navigator NT map. The features may not be available when using other than CN maps however.

Any queries, questions or quibbles please post here.
    The file is no longer available. Can anyone please upload the file again
    Thanks

Thanks

New link:

Thanks

Default Updated flasher for V6.30 firmware

Version 6.30 has been released for all 1xxx HWIDs 0971, 0972, 1104 & 1106. New universal updated flasher for microSD for units already running V.30 firmware:
    [For use only in previously unmodded units running V6.30 - refer notes].

Important Notes:
    • If you've previously used the V6.20 Updater please simply update your unit using GarminExpress or [preferably] WebUpdater. There is no need in that case to flash the logo.bin again and in fact it may even be detrimental to do so 'cos only the Boot component of the unit software will be updated by use of V6.30's ldr.bin [the 'boot.bin'] and your System software component [fw_all.bin & fw1_resources.bin] will remain as V6.20. All 3 parts of the firmware [unit software] should match.
    • If your unit is running earlier firmware and you've not previously flashed the modified logo splash, please update normally to V6.30 with GE or WU and then use this flasher.

Tiny (22-08-15)

Thanks

Version 6.30 has been released for all 1xxx HWIDs 0971, 0972, 1104 & 1106. New universal updated flasher for microSD for units already running V.30 firmware:
    [For use only in previously unmodded units running V6.30 - refer notes].

Important Notes:
    • If you've previously used the V6.20 Updater please simply update your unit using GarminExpress or [preferably] WebUpdater. There is no need in that case to flash the logo.bin again and in fact it may even be detrimental to do so 'cos only the Boot component of the unit software will be updated by use of V6.30's ldr.bin [the 'boot.bin'] and your System software component [fw_all.bin & fw1_resources.bin] will remain as V6.20. All 3 parts of the firmware [unit software] should match.
    • If your unit is running earlier firmware and you've not previously flashed the modified logo splash, please update normally to V6.30 with GE or WU and then use this flasher.
    Surething kudos to you for keeping this thread together!

I need some TTS voices if you can re-upload would be ace!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreameater26 View Post
    I need some TTS voices if you can re-upload would be ace!
    Not sure what you're asking for there actually. If you want additional voices, just hook the modded unit up to WebUpdater and they'll be offered. The only 1xxx series units not having TTS as standard are 1100, but after the flash they'll also be offered by WU. Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're requesting ......

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast