Thread: You cannot use this map on this device

Thanks

Default You cannot use this map on this device

I have updated my Tom Tom go730 to the latest Map (thank you), all went well. I can use all the funtions on Tom Tom HOME exept for "operate my" funtion, I get an error message "You cannot use this map on this device," I have read that this can happen with unsuccesfull updates but my unit is working fine
    Thanks Booster

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 411 Posts

You need to patch HOME with FastActivate using the following procedure:

a) Run TomTom HOME.
    b) Click on the "Operate" function. This may be called "Operate My Device" or "Operate My GO" or similar, depending on your model.
    c) Download a file if prompted. This creates the .dll profile needed for patching HOME.
    d) Exit or shut down TomTom HOME.
    e) Download the latest version of FastActivate:

f) Copy across FastActivate.exe to the root of the device or SD card and double click on the icon to run the FastActivate program.
    g) Click on the option "Patch TomTom HOME".

Also, to restore your favorites from your previous setup:

1) Copy paste your old mapsettings.cfg file from the old map folder into the new map folder. Overwrite when prompted.
    2) Run TomTom HOME and go to the "Operate" function.
    3) In the menu, add a new Favorite - any favorite (you can always delete this later).
    4) Shut down TomTom HOME. Reboot your device.

The above procedure saves the mapsettings.cfg in the correct format. It is often the solution to many rebooting or freezing problems.
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Thanks Lemonfish, that did patch Tom Tom HOME, Now when I go to 'Operate My GO" i get an error message saying " no usable locatons near GPS position, any ideas Thanks Booster