Thread: need residentFlash2 menu BMPs to make Apical winCE6 800x480 power-on splash screen

Thanks

Default need residentFlash2 menu BMPs to make Apical winCE6 800x480 power-on splash screen

looking for some "green theme" Apical menu bitmaps, the menu looks like the attached image

the 800x480 menu files i am looking for are
    residentflash2-bin-Main-Fore2-*.bmp
    residentflash2-bin-Main-Animate2-*.bmp
    residentflash2-bin-Main-MainLayer2-*.bmp

and maybe any *.ini file relating to GPSAni*.bmp

mine (AT12/atlasVI) are all archived into a single *.bin file, which i cannot unarchive, but in earlier versions of this shell (maybe AT10/atlasV), they are separate files ... these files will give me enough menu elements to make some matching splash screens for power-on and igoPrimo load .... i don't need to modify the apical menu itself

thanks in advance from NZ

davison[dot]antony[at]gmail[dot]com

----

hi-res aerial orthophotos in igoPrimo (150km x 130km area, <1m per pixel resolution)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by antdavison; 08-05-14 at 02:35 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

have figured this out

need a tool called Apical Image DECompressor (AIDEC.zip) which you can download from
    post#4

find an appropriate firmware package

run the command

AIDEC.EXE winCEapp.img and residentFlash2 files are written to a folder named winCEapp_out

that has given me all the elements to create power-on and primo splash screens that match the menu2 in residentFlash2, so as the GPS changes states from bootup > (menu >) Primo > menu, everything matches ... pity the Apical menus are sooooo ugly, and the AtlasVI menus are partially locked up, but decompressing some AtlasV firmware gave me all the menu bitmap elements i needed, along with every other file that would be written to residentFlash2 when the firmware is installed

any further discussion will probably be at