Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TBS 6982 Sat card problems

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

I can only suggest that perhaps whilst you are uninstalling programs and deleting others, that perhaps config files are "possibly" being left behind in areas like c/users/your pc name/appdata/roaming/local or even within your c/program files or c/program data or temp files??????

I would also go into regedit, and look within the folders HKEY CURRENT USER/LOCAL MACHINE/USERS....look in those, in the tab marked Software, and also look for remnants there. I know this sounds severe, but at least it eliminates any files sitting there, getting confused whilst trying new things out.

I watch with keen interest...I always like to see problems solved.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post
    I can only suggest that perhaps whilst you are uninstalling programs and deleting others, that perhaps config files are "possibly" being left behind in areas like c/users/your pc name/appdata/roaming/local or even within your c/program files or c/program data or temp files??????

I would also go into regedit, and look within the folders HKEY CURRENT USER/LOCAL MACHINE/USERS....look in those, in the tab marked Software, and also look for remnants there. I know this sounds severe, but at least it eliminates any files sitting there, getting confused whilst trying new things out.

The puter is a new one but at the same time its had Prog DVB, DVB Dream and other un-installed at least 10 times and yes I am concerned about the odd bits still floating around and that will be tomorrows job.
    As A matter of interest since Smart DVB likes the UNIVERSAL LNBF on Intelsat at 180 Deg E and since I want to use all (Blind scanners and other)on Optus D2 and anything on C-band but C band is not the issue its Only Optus D2 and the 10700 LNBF on the dish so can I replace the 10700, reset all my boxes for D2 for Universal and fit a New Universal (9750-10600 SW at 11700) LNBF on D2. If I can use a Universal LNBF on D2 that might fix my problem since it seems that Smart DVB likes the Universal LNBF and not the 10700. As for why the other programs even with a Universal LNBF do't work requires investigation at a later date.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by viewer View Post

And this could be a reason why the other programs are a problem.

Thanks

(Wife typing, my hands are shaking and I am full of mistakes.)
    Well what a full day I have had. I replaced the 10.7 LNBF with a Universal and Smart DVB worked a bit better but still for some reason not fullycorrect. As for the other programs they are all as dead as a horse, so what I did was I removed all programs from my computer, removed all the bits and pieces scattered throughout the drive, reinstalled the programs and still no good. I then removed all programs again, removed all the pieces scattered throughout the drive and I decided to visit Sat-Universe and I downloaded Smart DVB, DVB Dream with compliments from Takki and Ahmad. I installed both programs, set their locals for Universal, thats 9.750, 10.600, and the switch at 11700 and within seconds, Smart DVB fired up and everything was perfect. Seconds later I started DVB Dream, changed the locals on that to the same as on Smart DVB and bingo, DVB Dream fired up correctly. I couldn't believe this, I have spent 1 1/2 weeks on this problem and all I had to do was go to Sat-Universe and get their versions of what I needed.

I then tested my complete TV room, after changing all my sat boxes that go onto Optus D2, I changed their locals from 10.700 to Universal and as soon as I did that the Openboxes fired up but the AZ Box didn't,(locked up) eeeek. I went back to the computer room and also found that DVB Dream and Smart DVB would not work on Optus D2. F......ck, you can't win. See All my decoders plug into a Spaun multi-switch and that switch is only for D2 so out of last desperation, I went back out into the dish farm, replaced the universal LNB of D2 back to 10700, went back to my TV room, reset all the locals on all my boxes to 10700, the boxes all fired up OK. I went back to the computer room and changed both the locals, LOF 1 as 10700, the switch to 11700 and LOF 2 to 11700 so now guys for the first time, I have both Smart DVB and DVB Dream working correctly and all my sat boxes are working the same.
    Not being greedy now I might even go back to Sat -Universe and get a copy of DVB Viewer to see which one suits my needs.
    The irony of this story is I purchased a LEGAL copy of DVB Viewer and I cannot install it due to the keys they supplied (problem with them) and I'm still waiting for a new set of Credentials (keys), Also I use the supplied copy of DVB Dream and ProgDVB that came with my TBS Sat Card. Now you would think they would be OK wouldn't you but it seemed the hacked version was more friendly to install.
    Time to pack up and rest I have other house work to do.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

viewer (28-05-14)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Fantastic that you hung in there and got yourself "over the line"....I'm really pleased for you!

Thanks

I just download the latest (yesterday version) Takki & Ahmad version of DVB Dream. By the look at it you still need to use you legit Credentials (keys) I have them I paid for them but will not work with the Downloaded version from the DVB Viewer site.
    I wonder if the Takki &Ahmad version will be any different in the regards of accepting my keys that would not work in the legit version. Can anyone that HAS DVB Viewer shed any light on this. The wife emailed them to send out another set of credentials but we are still waiting for them.

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123