Thread: Another related problem to my last using the TBS 6982 Sat card

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Another related problem to my last using the TBS 6982 Sat card

Well, some of you have been reading my previous post of the problem I had using my sat card being a TBS 6982 and associated programs that are supposed to work with it. As a reminder, link is below:

Now, as I stated towards the end of the above topic, I eventually got DVB Dream working correctly, I got Smart DVB working correctly and two blindscan programs, being Easy blind scan and Transedit. Now, (missed it the other day)this morning I decided to use those two blind scanning programs, Transedit and Easy blind scan and they scanned away like they did the other day and for the first time, I have noticed that all the blindscan frequencies on both programs are all over the place, as an example on Optus D2, a frequency of 12519 symbol rate 22500 FEC 3/4, after scanning on both programs, I would find the frequency way out, all over the place. We could be 1-3 Mhz out but not 25-30 or more. Now this is consistent for 90% of transponders on Optus D2.

Now, DVB Dream and Smart DVB have the correct frequencies matching Lyngsat but like I said above the blind scan was all over the place, so we have the programs that physically show you the pictures and sound OK but the blind scan programs up the creek. Now, the first thing that came to my mind was the cable length from the computer room to the TV room where it plugs into the Multiswitch for Optus D2. The second thing that came to my mind, maybe its the Multiswitch that somehow is affecting the blind scan programs, so I decided to do a simple test. I dug out my spare Open box S16, plugged a monitor into it, disconnected Port A sat cable from the sat card and connected it directly into the back of the Open box. All channels worked on D2, so I deleted every transponder twice, shut the power off of the box, waited 30 seconds and blindscanned Optus D2 and on both occasions I did this, it scanned every transponder 98% matching Lyngsat perfectly.

What in the hell is going on? It has to do I think the reason is because all these programs have the LoF1 set at 9750, LoF2 and the switch at 10700, but at the moment as stated in my other thread, I have these three settings all set at 10700 and these blindscan programs are getting confused as they really do not have a setting only for the Local Oscillator set at 10700.
    HELP!!!!!!

Typed by the wife.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 31-05-14 at 05:21 PM.

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Well after a 4 hour intensive testing today, I have come to the conclusion that my total problem of using this TBS 8962 sat card is either the card, the driver or some of the programs.

This is what I did today. As you know, all initial programs including the blind scanning programs all seem to use universal settings, which are LoF1 9750 LoF2 10600 and the switch at 11700 and I have been trying to use all these programs on a 10.700 LNB which has caused me nothing but problems. I have set all the programs which mainly are DVB Dream, Smart DVB , Transedit and Easy Blind scan to LoF1 of 10700 a LoF2 of 10700 and the switch at 10700. I have even left the switch at 11700 and still no good. First it was the programs Smart DVB and DVB Dream not working correctly but now the blind scanning programs seem to scan (missed this problem before) a particular satellite or better still any KU Band satellite, the frequencies are all over the place, they are totally all incorrect according to Lyngsat.com and whats in my satellite receivers. So the test I did, I replaced the LNB with a universal, I changed the 4 programs to universal settings, both Smart DVB and DVB dream seemed to work correctly but the two blind scanning programs being Transedit and Easy Blind scan, both gave incorrect satellite transponders like before with the 10.700 LNB. Now remember, I am using a universal LNB where the LoF1 is 9750, LoF2 is 10600 and the switch is 11700 and all the programs are set the same, so why ever since day 1 are these blind scanning programs giving me incorrect readings? They aren't 2 or 3 Mhz out, they are out big time and some don't even appear in the search.

Right, I disconnected the KU cable feed out of the back of my computer and have two Openbox ready for testing, an S16 and an S10. I deleted all transponders on Optus D2, changed the Local Oscillator from 10700 to universal on both the boxes and one at a time I scanned Optus D2, 6 inches away from the computer that has the sat card in it and in both cases for both boxes both scanned all transponders nearly the same and the same amount of total transponders. Now, remember this was using universal settings on the Openboxes and a Universal LNB.

I disconnected the last box used, plugged the cable back into the computer, went back to my TV, disconnected the cable from the computer room from the multiswitch and put a jumper cable from it directly from it to the cable going to the dish. Tested the sat card again and again the blind scan frequencies were all over the place, disconnected the sat card again, connected one at a time the sat boxes with the multiswitch bypassed and once again both sat boxes scanned nearly identical to their first test (with or without the multiswitch).

I then reconnected again the multiswitch as it was and has been for the last few months, went out to the dish farm, replaced the universal LNB with the 10700, came back to the computer room, changed both the blind scanning programs to a local of 10700 (LoF1 10700, LoF2 10700, switch 10700, hell I even got desperate, I even tried 11700 for the switch) and once again both blind scanning programs performed miserably, frequencies all over the place, transponders missing.

I reconnect the first Openbox and changed its local oscillator from universal to 10700, did a blind scan and closely matched the blind scan that I did when its local was universal. I disconnected this Openbox, plugged in the second one, changed the local from Universal to 10700, blind scanned it and it also was very similar to the blind scan using Universal settings. You can clearly see that I have just about tested every way you can to see who was the culprit in this problem, it has to be the TBS 6982, the drivers for it, a compatibility problem with the computer (although initial test on another computer gave the same result), the programs themselves. The reason why I tested both Openboxes in the computer room is I was a bit suspicious of the long cable run, approximately just over 50 meters and I suspected originally the cable run might be a problem, but the Openboxes have plenty of signal and don't seem to have any other fault.

I am lost for words on this one. Is there something I have overlooked in the setting up of these programs, eg a tick in a box that wasn't ticked, or it might be a case that I will have to join the TVS community forum to see if the experts can shed any light on this matter. I am quitting as from now on this until further notice. I think I have spent enough time on it. If I only had a spare sat card to try on it.