Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch Solution 6000 alarm self install?

Thanks

Nice guys. I've ordered a C10 (p)

Thanks

I've hit a snag with the new 3g module CM744B; I powered down the alarm, removed battery lead & swapped over the 2g to 3g module (with sim & antenna). Fired up the unit only to see the GSM is reported as busy (GSM Trouble Gi1).

On closer inspection, I see firmware 2.22 is required to support the CM744B - I'm on v2.15.

Guess I'll need to get an installer out to upgrade me to newest Solution 6000 panel firmware. What's a reasonable fee to expect to pay for a call out and newest firmware? Questioning whether it's worth investing in a Direct Link Cable (and is this something I can do, myself assuming I source the required software and firmware)?

I drive on older Volvo which regularly requires a computer reset. The dash throws errors and diagnostic codes a few times a year. The dealer charge $150 for a 2 minute reset. Found a group across town (3 hour drive, there and back) who do it for $35. Got sick of the travel and purchased a Vida tool & do it myself now - this is my line of thinking re needing to firmware upgrade. Probably best just to pay an installer for the 1 off upgrade, which I'm happy to do.

Thanks

certainly could be cheaper to do it yourself. Even having the Solution Link software could be a good idea. Doing the upgrade, as long as you have the firmware is easy. Just follow the instructions in the direct link cable.

Installed them and love them. Easy to program, start at front of the included manual and go to the end. Full in depth manuals come with the CD or just google the panel and download it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mralarms For This Useful Post:

th37sk (14-09-16)

Thanks

In the end, had no joy from my alarm installation company - even directly contacted the installer who did the job, asking for firmware upgrade with complete offer to pay, etc. Was never looking for a freebee. My alarm co. said the installer was MIA and they eventually stopped returning my phone calls (you would presume the company has alternate installers who can handle something as simple as firmware, but I guess not). I rang a good 1/2 dozen local security companies who pushed me off eg "the 6000 is a commercial alarm system - you need to ring a commercial installer, we only do residential"... "but I am residential!" or, "I have no idea, but I'll find out and call you back" sort of thing. No one ever did.

I suspect if I rang and said, "We were burgled on Tuesday. Can you send a rep around to quote on an alarm system?" they'd have been all$$$ over $$$ it. I digress.

Alas, no one could help in the end except for Jim's Security - I figured they were a joke and was hesitant to even ring, and was delighted when the rep responded, "Absolutely. We can upgrade the Bosch Solution 6000 firmware" at query. The girl asked, "Would you like me to book it in?"

"How much does it cost?"

"I can book it in for you, Sir."

"Yes, of course you can. But I need to know the fee for firmware upgrade before I agree to your truck-roll." I swear I had to ask 3 times.

Eventually, "Well, our tech won't actually do the firmware upgrade when he comes to your property but he'll first do a full assessment and audit of your alarm system to determine what is required for the firmware upgrade."

"Lady, all that's required is a linking cable, a laptop running win8 and the firmware which is about 1mb in filesize. I already have the panel open which will save him time. It's less than a 5 minute job with exception to travel."

Frustrated, she replies, "I'm happy to book in the assessment."

"Ok. So what does the assessment cost?"

"$320 per hour and the assessment is a 2 hour minimum"

"#### sake. $640 and I'll still need to book yet another person to return to the property, at an even later date, to perform the 5 minute upgrade - which of course, I'll have to pay and you can't tell me the cost?"

"Yes, this is correct. Would you like me to book the assessment in for you, sir?"

"No. Please go away." Brain hurting, set phone down.

So I just purchased the direct link cable via cheap alarm parts:

Flash was totally straight forward - if you've ever flash the bios of your mobo, a dreambox etc. it's much the same. The flash takes about 3-4 minutes followed by a 3-4 minute read verification and that's it. After power cycle, I verified firmware was on newest 2.25.26, again powered down to re-install the 3g module, to final restoration and all good. For anyone doing the same, just check your COM ports in windows device manager (prior to flash) to be certain you have no conflicts or errors and the drivers have installed correctly. I did not require any specific drivers outside of what Win8.1 provided at simple plug in of the USB/direct link cable.

And finally, an electrician installed the C10 central filter early last week, which did resolve the errors with my ADSL2 sync while alarm was plugged into phone. ADSL2 modem stats appear a little cleaner too, less errors, etc.

Many thanks all for getting me across the line with this one. I really enjoy figuring things out - the journey is as much fun as the end result.
    Cheers Austechers

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to th37sk For This Useful Post:

dextel (18-09-16),tristen (17-10-16),xapi (18-09-16)

Thanks

Default Programming Solution 6000

Hi There,

I have similar issue with Bosch 6000 panel. Did a self install of Solution 6000 with CM744B 3G module (all bought from CheapAlarmParts). It keeps on frequently dropping the 3g/gsm connection and giving error message on the panel Comms Route Fail or then Trouble with GSM.
    My panel is on firmware V2.23. I have got Direct link cable CM900 and tried to upgrade the firmware 2.25.26 with this cable. But i keep on getting error error communication with hardware check COMM port.

Strange thing is that i can talk to the panel with Solution Link remote access software with this cable.

Does any one know what is the difference between CM900 and CM901/CM910 cable?

Thanks
    Tama
    Last edited by tamamontu; 01-10-16 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks

They are designed for different panels

Thanks

To update firmware the CM900 won't work.

CM900 is only for alarm programming via software
    CM901 is only for doing firmware updates
    CM910 is a newer cable that can do both with a little switch to set it for programming or firmware mode

Thanks

Yep. And I can confirm I used the C910 to upgrade mine, without issue.

Thanks

Thanks guys for the comments, got the programming cable from cheap alarm parts. I updated the firmware today. But still get same error GSM trouble Gl1. Some times i also see comms route failed when i click on system trouble msg on the keypad. On the gsm module i see 1 -2 lights indicating signal strength. Plus the gsm modue status also detects the imei number , mobile network.

I also sarted seeing a new error now, real time clock missing cl1, what is this error.

For GPRS/GSM module what to look for causewise.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by tamamontu; 17-10-16 at 01:06 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tamamontu View Post
    Thanks guys for the comments, got the programming cable from cheap alarm parts. I updated the firmware today. But still get same error GSM trouble Gl1. Some times i also see comms route failed when i click on system trouble msg on the keypad. On the gsm module i see 1 -2 lights indicating signal strength. Plus the gsm modue status also detects the imei number , mobile network.

I also sarted seeing a new error now, real time clock missing cl1, what is this error.

For GPRS/GSM module what to look for causewise.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    I'm certainly not an expert on this, but if I were in your shoes I would do a remove and reinstall (reseat) the gsm module (after full power down). Remove, re-seat the Sim card - check that sim pads are clean; clean with eraser, try alternate sim slot. Also, remove and re-install the real time clock module () - and while at it, replace the onboard button cell battery. It's a cheap $5 attempt at fix. If you don't have this module, not sure why the 6000 would throw this error. Finally, at power-up if still no good, try an alternate sim card. Also, try to extend the 3g antenna to a high unobstructed / open area (eg not stuffed under your panel box, in a closed closet enviornment).

I'm wondering if the Gl1 error is throwing because your signal strength is dropping from 1 to 0. See if you can get your signal lights to 2 or 3. How strong is the 3g signal to mobile devices in same location?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by th37sk View Post
    I'm certainly not an expert on this, but if I were in your shoes I would do a remove and reinstall (reseat) the gsm module (after full power down). Remove, re-seat the Sim card - check that sim pads are clean; clean with eraser, try alternate sim slot. Also, remove and re-install the real time clock module () - and while at it, replace the onboard button cell battery. It's a cheap $5 attempt at fix. If you don't have this module, not sure why the 6000 would throw this error. Finally, at power-up if still no good, try an alternate sim card. Also, try to extend the 3g antenna to a high unobstructed / open area (eg not stuffed under your panel box, in a closed closet enviornment).

I'm wondering if the Gl1 error is throwing because your signal strength is dropping from 1 to 0. See if you can get your signal lights to 2 or 3. How strong is the 3g signal to mobile devices in same location?
    Thanks th37sk,

Mobile get all 5 bars with 3g network. I will try to reset the device over the weekend and reprogram it.

My panel doesnt have any real time clock. Dont know why the panel is even complaining about it. It just started since upgrade of firmware to the latest one.

Thanks

Make sure you have a voice sim and not a data sim too. We had a customer that provided the sim card and after a lot of pain we realised he had provided a data sim and not voice sim.

Thanks

Restarted the panel by unplugging battery as well as mains power. Since restart
    Real time clock error went away. For comms route error it seems was due to balance on the sim. Its a vodaphone sim 365days validity. Seems that balance was not carried forward after a couple of months.

After all this the keypad still shows sytem trouble => gsm module gl1 error, is this error because of not using gprs.

Thanks

Default Bosch 6000 : Swapping 2G > 3G

Quote Originally Posted by th37sk View Post
    Thanks everyone for the helpful replies.

Bugger re GSM 2g issue. I say bugga, as the 3g gsm module is a $330 fix.
    I've opened my panel and do indeed, have a 2g module. Is the module something I can swap over, fairly easily (guessing will require a reprogram with my mobile#)?

And the central filter, I don't have one! Thanks for the heads-up.

In regard to the house wiring, I have a single CAT5 wire going into the property (from street) with phone running to 3 points in the house. The electrician presumably jumped the alarm line in with telephone eg alarm is not on a dedicated line. Obviously, this means I would need to install a central filter at the junction/jump point in order to be effective, correct?

I have contacted my builder requesting his electrician install the central alarm filter. I've also asked the alarm company who did my (alarm) wiring for install. The alarm guy mentioned he was a sparkie for years before getting into the security game. Waiting to hear back from either. Happy to pay either to sort this.

Another thing I will note, my ADSL2+ was approx. 1.4mb/s down before renos.. After all new wiring house wide, I can only sync at 1.1mb/s And mind you, this is without the alarm connected to line (only feeding adsl2+; we don't even use a land line/phone). Hoping my all new internal wiring isn't a crap job. An apprentice did a good deal of the wiring with the main sparkie not even on site, for much of the work
    Newbie here. Appreciate all the help and advise.

I am going through exactly this problem now that the 2G spectrum is turned off in WA.
    Ordered Amaysim 3G replacement Sim card, only to realized my GSM module is a 2G.
    Is this a good time to consider IP modules over LAN (I am on the NBN)?

Option 1: called previous installer to quote and do the swap from 2G module to 3G - never heard back;
    Option 2: asked a couple alarm company, none got back to me;
    Option 3: self DIY - Is the CM744B Plug on 3G GSM module all that I need? what about the firmware upgrade, do I need to order the cable 910 for that? how do you power down the system; How difficult is the overall process if you were to rank it 1(easy) to 10(hard)?

I have read through the details on this thread. Still very doubtful I can pull this off.
    Last edited by motz; 25-04-17 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks

Or can look at getting the IP module and get the MyAlarm app setup.
    If you still needing a company/installer to assist let me know.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12