Thread: Mac OS X Yosemite Transformation Pack for Windows XP/Vista/7/8.x

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Default Mac OS X Yosemite Transformation Pack for Windows XP/Vista/7/8.x

A new look for Windows systems: using the freeware "Mac OS X Yosemite transformation Pack for Windows" you dress your Windows system in the chic Mac-OS-design of the new Yosemite.

Once installed, the Yosemite design settles across the entire Windows system, and bars, buttons and folder in the Mac OS style changed. The Windows appear in the Mac OS style and the launch moves to the top of the screen and embodies Apple's toolbar there.

Typical Mac features such as the dock, dashboard, and spaces were modeled after the original - but of course available with Windows functions. So just your normal default browser on Windows behind the Safari icon in the Quick Launch bar.

IMPORTANT: It's strongly recommended to create a system restore point before installing, in order to reset your Windows computer to the original state in case of occurring problems.

More information and download link:

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Why not just setup another partition and install mavericks, it's free and there is lots of support for hackintosh on the net

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Yes, , but I'm afraid you run into troubles when it comes to "drivers" ...

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

I just started playing with Hackintosh, most kexts are available

I have it running on an AMD CPU - Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
    Little bit of work but I think it's worth it so far.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (14-07-14)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Yes, installing Mac OSX on non-Mac (Intel and AMD based) hardware has been possible for a few years now.

I installed OSX 10.6 on an HP Compaq DC7600 SFF several years ago and more recently, OSX 10.7 (iATKOS version) on a Dell Optiplex 960 SFF.

I like this operating system as, unlike Windows, it's almost flameproof.

The Dell machine is used for a number of tasks but mainly for running a program called Get iPlayer Automator, which allows me to download BBC and ITV programs for storage and later viewing. This installation went very smoothly indeed and the results are certainly worth the (in this case, minimal) effort.

And yes, most kexts (drivers to Windows users) are available via the various "hackintosh" type forums.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Just did the most easiest installation of an operating system in my life.
    iATKOS-M (Mavericks) on an PC that I put together out of old bits (Intel Core 2 duo on a Gigabyte GA-945GCMX, Nvidia GT520).

He customises the image for your hardware for 10 bucks. Absolute worth it:

took however two weeks not two days, but he was sick and was also busy updating he system.

Totally flawless out of the box, no tweaking, no drivers, I find no difference to a "real" MAC... I might have been lucky though.

Also got an older free iATKOS (I think one of the Leopards) running pretty smooth on my EEE PC 1000h after a WiFi hack.

Could never get Tonymacx86 working properly.

...and yes I own two real MACs, just needed this for one single application in my hobby music studio.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-07-14 at 10:13 PM. Reason: supplied additional info before Steve Jobs' ghost comes down to haunt me
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (15-07-14),ol' boy (14-07-14),Seymour Butts (14-07-14)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

That sounds almost easier than Linux to set up. I may try this one day.