Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Vu-Duo2 is it the Best of the Best?

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Vu-Duo2 is it the Best of the Best?

Well My Vuo duo2 should be leaving Germany soon and whist I'm waiting I will do modifications of my complicated TV room to accommodate it. Firstly My AZBox Premium + will be sacked and take the place of my DM7000. The DM 7000 then will be pushed down the pecking order even below the Openbox's as till today the Openbox's have one unique trick that others can't preform out of the box. The Azbox will still do anything it is doing now except it won't have the commands of DiseQc 1.2 as that will be passed to the Vu-Duo2 as I expect this box to be better and a lot faster. The AZBox was good but from day one I have always complained that its VERY slow in doing anything. So when I get it guys and have it operating I will report on its performance.

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Does any member on this site have a duo2? if you do can you comment on what image you are running or are you still using the factory image

Thanks

Doing some reading on the Duo2 and it seems if you stuff up the install of an image and other you cannot use the serial port (does it have one?)to recover the box so some care will have to go here not to brick your box only because you want to install a better image that can cater for the goodies that the factory image can't handle.

Thanks

Seems to be a few having problem with the latest's BH images (Black Hole) Yes the dreaded white light syndrome for the Duo2.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Wow; sounds like you're talking/painting yourself into a corner.

Now take a deep breath, relax & think about it, some of the stuff you're reading is from people who don't have a clue. The internet is full of misinformation, it is up to us to sort out what is useful.

Wait till it arrives & set it up like it's the best box & it probably will be.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (19-08-14),mtv (19-08-14),tristen (19-08-14),weirdo (18-08-14)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Too true Tiny
    the people that have problems and post about it would be most likely beginners, not knowing what to do
    the people that do have these boxes and don't run into problems would have nothing to post about (apart from praise)
    so don't let these posts of people with problems fool you
    got one on order aswell and will most likely put my favourite BlackHole on it when it arrives

Thanks

I have had a duo2 for a long time now, bought it because I mistakenly thought a solo2 would do all I needed. Unfortunately the solo2 cannot adjust the bit or frame rate for streaming where as the duo2 can, so I ended up with both. If you have a poor upload speed then this bit rate issue can be major problem. I use vu+ player app on phone and tablet to stream to.
    I use the duo2 in the UK where we can of course still get most channels apart from some HD paired ones, I will be bringing the solo2 with me to Oz soon, it will be used in a place connected to the NBN so at least I will be able to watch something other than Al Jazeera.
    I have had no trouble whatsoever with the duo2, I usually use BH images running oscam connected to a raspberry pi oscam server with a couple of card readers, so that it doesn't matter if the box goes offline while I play around with it.
    Last edited by crabber; 19-08-14 at 01:37 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (19-08-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Wow; sounds like you're talking/painting yourself into a corner.

Now take a deep breath, relax & think about it, some of the stuff you're reading is from people who don't have a clue. The internet is full of misinformation,
    Yes and this is where austech comes in handy. How many on this site own so far a Duo2? Should I first set it up FULLY using Factor image or should I flash it with recommended image as soon as I get it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Too true Tiny
    the people that have problems and post about it would be most likely beginners, not knowing what to do
    the people that do have these boxes and don't run into problems would have nothing to post about (apart from praise)
    so don't let these posts of people with problems fool you
    got one on order as well and will most likely put my favourite BlackHole on it when it arrives
    My problem is I have been a beginner TWICE once before my Heart attack stroke combo and after the Heart attack stroke combo but that is not stopping this stubborn old fart from his hobbies..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    I have had no trouble whatsoever with the duo2, I usually use BH images running oscam connected to a raspberry pi oscam server with a couple of card readers, so that it doesn't matter if the box goes offline while I play around with it.
    Mainly I want the duo2 for all the FTA stuff on any sat but at the same time I want the duo2 to preform tricks which can only be done with other images and plugins. At the moment the cheap budget openbox's are the only boxes for me that give me what I want.

Thanks

Too true Tiny
    t
    got one on order aswell and will most likely put my favourite BlackHole on it when it arrives
    You favorite will be my favorite as exactly what you said that the net has to much mis-information on it sometimes. You would think that the VuPlus community site would be ok but after reading some threads all I read is confusion and trust me I don't want anymore confusion more than what I got now.

Thanks

Just a simple question about the Vu duo2. The C/T tuner module as described by the manufacture is that a combined cable and Terrestrial tuner in one tin can? or are they separate "eg" One tuner for cable and another only for Terrestrial.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Just a simple question about the Vu duo2. The C/T tuner module as described by the manufacture is that a combined cable and Terrestrial tuner in one tin can? or are they separate "eg" One tuner for cable and another only for Terrestrial.
    yes, combined Cable and Terrestrial tuner

Thanks

yes, combined Cable and Terrestrial tuner
    Thank God for that! I thought I ordered the wrong one for our Terrestrial TV. It just confused me on the C/T/T2 bit . Whats the T2?

Thanks

So what is the difference between a DUO2 Hybrid DVB-C/T-Tuner and a normal DVB C/T tuner

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Thank God for that! I thought I ordered the wrong one for our Terrestrial TV. It just confused me on the C/T/T2 bit . Whats the T2?
    T2 in the 'next generation' of DVB-T

Here's some info:

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (20-08-14)

Thanks

With the AZBox Premium plus you have good editors which I have and still use today like Maz and AZBox Edit. Now with the VU Duo2 what do they have to do the same as what Maz and AZBox edit do for the AZBox?

Thanks

Very interesting link and it suits me and maybe others that are about to invest in a duo2 and do not have a clue how to change the bootloader and flash a new image plus set the box up.

Thanks

With the AZBox Premium plus you have good editors which I have and still use today like Maz and AZBox Edit. Now with the VU Duo2 what do they have to do the same as what Maz and AZBox edit do for the AZBox?
    I see others are using Dreambox Edit? But I bet there is other editors more fancied by Vu receivers owners. All we need now is the more knowledgeable guys to answer this for myself and others. Which is your preferred Editor.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Just wait until you get your box. Waste of time asking question on something you don't own and cant try first hand.
    There are dozens of editing programs out there, its all E2 based.

I use iDreamX

Does everything.

• Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast