Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Siege - Islamic related channel 7

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Via SBS 10 minutes ago.....

Very different to the NSW's Police Commissioners public speech just on.

1 Gunman
    Unknown amount of hostages
    No direct contact with gunman, they are not in direct communication with him.
    Treated as a hostage situation.

So he tells the media anyway.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 15-12-14 at 02:08 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    After checking Google maps I can't see how this guy can get out there.
    I doubt he plans to.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I doubt he plans to.
    I think he has arranged 100 Virgins to take him away

Politically motivated they are speculating now.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 15-12-14 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 862 Posts

World Breaking News is the first I could spot on Youtube, using a computer voice to read out the news texts.

Maybe today is a reaction to the raids?

If I add the recents events up I am almost certain we already have a big terrorist problem in the country but it being played down to lure the public into thinking nothing has changed and we are all save as ever.
    I would say today showed us that we are no longer outside the problems ISIS causes but in fact right in the center.
    Last edited by Downunder35m; 15-12-14 at 02:21 PM.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Edit:
    What a bull crap from the police!
    They officially at least, see it as a hostage situation.
    The islamic state take hostages only for one reason, and if this idiot shows a flag of them I can't see how you can call it just a hostage situation.
    Seeing as you obviously know more than the police, on what basis is 'Islamic State' involved in this incident? There is no 'IS' flag being shown - that was misreported hours ago.

Clearly, at this time at least from what is being reported, it's a hostage situation. No doubt it's an abominable situation, but people shouldn't jump to conclusions without proper information.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

enf (15-12-14),SpankedHam (15-12-14)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Seeing as you obviously know more than the police, on what basis is 'Islamic State' involved in this incident? There is no 'IS' flag being shown - that was misreported hours ago.

Clearly, at this time at least from what is being reported, it's a hostage situation. No doubt it's an abominable situation, but people shouldn't jump to conclusions without proper information.
    Agree...we only know what we know. The rest is speculation.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Admin - it is normal practice for opposition leaders to make a statement reaffirming their support for the leader (it was done by Abbott when he was in opposition or would you refer to him as a F###ing moron as well).

Thanks

My bad and I stand corrected.
    But one muslim leader finally spoke up and states we have the full support of the entire muslim community to stop terrorism in Australia.
    I think this is a really good sign as it clearifies the official position.
    Finally a big step in the right direction.

The SBS article was taken down!

Premium Member
    Thanks

According to reports.

THE black and white flag paraded in the window of the cafe at the centre of the Martin Place siege is a jihadist flag used by Muslim extremists.
    Known as The Black Standard, or The Black Banner, it is one of the flags flown by the prophet Muhammad but has been used by Muslim extremist organisations since the early 1990s.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Slogger View Post
    Admin - it is normal practice for opposition leaders to make a statement reaffirming their support for the leader (it was done by Abbott when he was in opposition or would you refer to him as a F###ing moron as well).
    This must surely be a trick question.

Thanks

Ok - leader should be PM. This is done to stabilise markets etc otherwise it causes massive fluctuations in share prices and exchange rates.

Premium Member
    Thanks

But one muslim leader finally spoke up and states we have the full support of the entire muslim community to stop terrorism in Australia.
    Were you expecting him to say something other???
    Words are easy and very cheap.
    Pretty much standard issue response these days..... Yet it still keeps happening.

Until i see the entire Muslim Community marching against this behaviour or marching against muslim extremists groups or openly ratting people out to Crime Stoppers, then its all piss in the wind.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 15-12-14 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks

If it is just a hostage situation, may I ask why they just announced that we have now a stronger police presence, even in Vic?
    Also if it is nothing too serious, why are we asked to report suscpecting stuff to crime stoppers?
    To me it looks like someone is expecting this is not a single incident.

It might be a standard reaction, but in the past the "standard" reaction from our local muslim leaders was just silence....
    Silence I take as hidden support, but with an official statement saying they are against terrorists and support all effords to stop it on AU soil - I can them by the balls, as a figure of speaking.
    Last edited by Downunder35m; 15-12-14 at 02:40 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Slogger View Post
    Bill Shorten who has blocked almost everything there is block reaffirming support for the Prime Minister ? LOL

We now have Daniel Andrews making a statement on how if effects in Victoria. Well done Daniel. Hell, I am feeling safer already.

Meanwhile, back in reality, they are going at it hammer and tong on Al Jazeera. See comments at the bottom.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Currently because there have been no announced demands by those inside (that we are aware of) and no one yet has positively identified that flag as an ISIS one, the comments for Public consumption that it is presently a hostage situation is all that can be said.
    Apart from suffering from verbal diarrhea by making all sorts of outlandish and inflammatory OFFICIAL comments, if this person is eventuality removed alive from the siege and ends up in court, the last thing needed is for some smartarse Lawyer being able to use those comments to mitigate the charges or sentence against those involved.
    The same will apply if it goes bad and this person is dispatched to meet his maker (whoever that may be) that is was an 'over reaction caused by false and misleading comments by those in charge'.

One thing that concerns me the most is the possibility that the person primarily involved is not some gung ho hot head kid heady with proclamations and slogans but a person in their 40's which could make negotiations very difficult indeed because they well may have some agenda or conceived grievances dating back some time that has precipitated this action today.

I havent been along Martin Place for over 20 years but while some of those 'Hole in the Wall' places that abound in the City look like they have no way out except the front door, many actually have internal exists to the building their in.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 15-12-14 at 02:53 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Might be a stupid question but:
    Did anyone else consider the impact on the public and businesses in Sydney?
    The city is coming to a standstill quite literally.
    Even if there is no intent to actually kill anyone, knowing how this all unfolded is enough to harm Australia big time - without a bomb or shooting someone.
    At this stage I really hope it is an isolated incedent by somone that has just gone mad but has no real relation to more actions like this.
    Still wonder why the SBS has killed the article that was linked earlier....

From my times in the army I know in such cases the public is treated as the enemy and should not get any real information.
    So even if something is happening in terms of talking to someone inside or planning any actions - we won't know until it it actually happens.

Edit: Found a copy of the SBS article at .
    But in case it is taken down too, here is a copy:
    Quote Originally Posted by News.com.au
    QUEENSLAND'S police commissioner says he has information an improvised explosive device is involved in the hostage drama in central Sydney.

IAN Stewart has told the Queensland government that information was "firming up" that an IED is involved.
    Mr Stewart has also told the government there is no imminent local threat in the state, although extra police have been ordered onto Queensland streets.

"The action that we've taken though is to reassure the public that Queensland is being adequately policed," Mr Stewart told state cabinet on Monday.

"We have ordered as many police onto the streets as possible this morning. We've also upgraded the security for this (executive) building again, just until we know what's happening down in Sydney."

Up to 50 people are believed to have been taken hostage at the Lindt Chocolat Cafe, where an Islamic flag has been pressed up against a window.

Mr Stewart said he'd been in touch with NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione to offer support.

A national phone hook-up of state and federal security authorities was held after the cabinet briefing.

Mr Stewart also revealed there was an "ever so slight" connection between two men arrested on suspicion of terror-related offences in Sydney earlier on Monday and those arrested in raids in Queensland in September.

Three Queensland men have been charged with terror-related offences including supporting terrorist groups in Syria.

They include Agim Kruezi, 22, who is accused of supporting terrorists in Syria and planning an attack on Australian soil.
    Last edited by Downunder35m; 15-12-14 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks

As i said before in another post have you tried to get a mouzzi person to swear to allalh instead of god, as they don't believe in god.

here you go this incident proves it "there is no god only allah"
    It's amazing how 2 people could be one on forums, must be identity theft cough cough 

Thanks

allah ... meaning God. It must get awfully confusing to both have and not have a god.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflets View Post
    here you go this incident proves it "there is no god only allah"
    Um.... 'Allah' is the Arabic word for God.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (15-12-14),SpankedHam (15-12-14)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Sydney is a bloody rabbit warren and it only takes one incident to tie the place in knots until its sorted out.
    The streets are narrow, twisting and up and down no matter where you go in the CBD.

The approaches dont help as they just bring in more than the City can handle and the exits dont funnel off the traffic fast enough to relieve the congestion.

This siege will most likely cause business's to loose several million dollars in revenue but to me thats immaterial compared to the lives of those in the cafe currently being held hostage.

To those who are familiar with the layout of Sydney would know there are certain places where it is so easy to cause a total disruption to all type of transport and that would snowball to affect other areas as well.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 15-12-14 at 03:10 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast