Thread: TPG to buy iiNet

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default TPG to buy iiNet

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

When we were with TPG the service was pathatic. The internet speed was PATHATIC>>>>> averaged around 2,1 M/b per sec even with SNR adjustments and as for sending us emails yes they did because my son download ONE 30 Min sitcom but whilst with Internode for 4 years it was a good service they never sent us a threatening email non whatsoever.
    Thumbs down for TPG. I think TPG sent us emails threatening us again all because we download episodes of the three Stooges. For me I don't care about the downloading stuff as I don't download anything that is current (TPG think the Three Stooges is current) GO To Hell TPG and only a FOOL would go with them as in our case they Lied to me that there speed would match Telstra That we had before Switching to TPG because it was cheaper.

Thanks

If the sale goes ahead, it's likely the ACCC will just wave it through, and TPG does what it inevitably does when it takes over another business - rip the guts out of it, automate everything to the eyeballs, screw all costs to the bare minimum - the question really becomes 'Where to now?'. If TPG f*ck it up (including it's subs such as Internode) the only option if one wants to keep good speeds any time is going to be Telstra and that means paying a lot more for a lot less. All the other main RSPs, ie the ones that service 'everywhere' more or less suck when it comes to performance. Optus, Exetel et al all have quite bad peak time issues.

15 years of easy fast sailing with Internode may just be coming to an end.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpankedHam View Post
    If the sale goes ahead, it's likely the ACCC will just wave it through, and TPG does what it inevitably does when it takes over another business - rip the guts out of it, automate everything to the eyeballs, screw all costs to the bare minimum - the question really becomes 'Where to now?'. If TPG f*ck it up (including it's subs such as Internode) the only option if one wants to keep good speeds any time is going to be Telstra and that means paying a lot more for a lot less. All the other main RSPs, ie the ones that service 'everywhere' more or less suck when it comes to performance. Optus, Exetel et al all have quite bad peak time issues.

15 years of easy fast sailing with Internode may just be coming to an end.
    I liked Internode. We had them for 5 years and never had trouble with them. Their speeds were very similar (slightlt less than Telstra)to what we get with Telstra today, had very very few drop out, Night speed was very close to the day speed but unfortunately we told them to Fluck off after they tried what I called blackmailing us.
    See we wanted our phone number changed and Telstra were going to look at this and charge a amount to do this and there was no problem there but when we rang Internode the comment was Hummmm sir you are out of contract by 3 years
    (there contract was 2 years and we were still with them three years later) Sir if you want us to change you internet account to the new number that will cost you $220 (around this figure) but if you sign up with us for another 2years we will wave the cost of changing to a new number.,,,, I flipped my lid when I heard this Mate I called him everything I could think of and insisted to speak to a manager which I did and told the idiot I'm happy with your service and this is the reason why we are still with you but you have no right to intimidate me, blackmail me just to keep me at internode. I called him a F.... idiot! and disconnected from internode and went to the LYING PATHETIC PIGS AT TPG .
    I rang TPG looking for a new provider, told them at internode my speed was around 4 mbits per second day and night rain hail and sunlight and the prick from TPG said to me Sir it will be the same as we still use you exchange. LYING PIG TPG. The fastest was 2.1 MBPer sec and it was not unual for night speed to be under 1 M/ bit. I must have rang them 150 times complaining about there low speed but eventually gave up as I was wasting my time on a phone talking to idiots that couldn't speak English

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Any idea what TPG are paying to buy iinet?
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Any idea what TPG are paying to buy iinet?
    $1.4b

dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

• The Following User Says Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (18-03-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Sir if you want us to change you internet account to the new number that will cost you $220 (around this figure) but if you sign up with us for another 2years we will wave the cost of changing to a new number.
    I can't contradict what you said they told you but setting up a brand new service from scratch with Internode is $129. On top of that will be a monthly charge in advance but that would be balanced out by the advance fee on your old service being refunded.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

I must have been the lucky one
    Been with TPG now for over 12 years and have never had a problem

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    I must have been the lucky one
    Been with TPG now for over 12 years and have never had a problem

I can't believe i'm going to agree with you ffs.
    I was with tpg from the start of my internet day's and never had any problem's.
    Only reason i moved from them was they didn't have adsl2 in my area when it came out, otherwise i would still be with them.

Thanks

I have had TPG now for 7 years. Never had problems with them, do dislike the overseas call centers though. Three times I had issues with the connection but it was phone line issues screwing the internet. So i called my carrier with the home phone and complained about crosses lines etc and telstra come and fix the issues. I was told to never complain about internet issues but to make it sound like i cant call 000. There has been a few occasions over the 7 years where the connection from AU to USA gets laggy from some places in the USA dropping packets, but never had or seen AU related issues that were not listed in the service status page.

I was with Optus before this and I also had good experience with them too.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

My Daughter had TPG way back in the Days of Dial Up and like Levend, only changed when ADSL became available in her area but not unfortunately with TPG.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

M2 makes takeover bid for rival iiNet to beat TPG offer.

Thanks

Out of the frying pan... and into the fire.

Thanks

So with the takeover given the go ahead what does that mean.
    Would people unable to access adsl2 through tpg be able to use iinet internodes structures to provide them?
    Hopefully it's a yes because a hell of a lot of people are unable to access at the moment.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This 'merger' could be a bit like the one between Foxtel and Austar where customers in previous Austar areas wer'nt able to obtain IQ Decoders but had to stick the Mystar one issued by the now defunct Austar.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

It's IT infrastucture and I'm sure it will be fully integrated to allow people acess to services that were previously unavailable to them.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

That's the part that has us Internoders worried. Internode has always run a #1 grade network. So superior was it that when iiNet gobbled Internode down, iiNet moved all of its eastern states traffic onto the Internode network, effectively closed its own core network, and the Internode network handled it all with grace. Will TPG continue to maintain such a high class operation? I seriously doubt it.

The only performance problems with Internode have been insufficient capacity into certain areas due to the Netflix Effect but even that hasn't been an issue with the Internode core network. Pre-iiNet Internode, based on past experience, would have resolved even the Netflix Effect more rapidly than now though.