Thread: Seeking help with a new non-working chinese GPS84H-3

Thanks

Default Seeking help with a new non-working chinese GPS84H-3

Hi, People, Im not sure, my post comes to the right place, but I will try:

I bought a new 7" GPS84h-3 (whitout av in and bluetooth) from China. After power-on start-up image with red car and white windmill will appear on the screen, and then icons. If I touching anywhere on the screen first time, I will hear a "bing" sound - and anything more can not to do. The picture becomes unstable or freezes completely. Any tapping on the icons does not give any results.
    video:

So I contacted the seller and got some brushing softwares. Allthing worked until calibration. First point ok, target moving up left. And then I could bang the nail on the screen, no response at all, nowhere. Thats it, new start, same things- windmill, then icons, then "bing" sound and same things.
    I saved all files , what i saw inside, some OZ-primo folder with huge GPS-data and 2 other small files. (gpsnvm.bin and alte.save)

On the sellers page I copied these specifications:

1.7" TFT touch screen, high resolution 800 x 480 pixels.
    3.Operate system: WinCE 6.0
    4.System-Memory: 128MB SD RAM
    5.High speed USB2.0, 480MBPS
    6.Built in one rechargeable lithium battery(1250mAH)
    7.AC charged100-230VAC O/p : dC 5V /1.5A mini USB 5Pin
    8. Car charger I/PC12~36V O/P : DC5V /1.5A mini USB 5Pin
    9. Voice Navigation
    10.Support SD card /Micro SD card Navigation software up to 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB
    11. Support WINCE and PDA system
    12. FM Transmiter: Full frequency transmitting 76 ~ 108MHZ, the distance <10m
    13. Audio player support:MP3, WAV, MID,DAT,ASX
    14.Video player support:MP4, AVI, ASF, WMV, SEF
    15.Photo browser support: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP
    16. Supports both of LCD and CVBS display
    17.Support TXT format E-book
    18.Support multi countries E-map, can be upgrade thro SD/MMC card

I have done many resets, brushings with seller`s software, these was leading me to calibration. Again, only 1 tap can I do after switch-in. When calibration-target moves up and left from center , the screen is frozen. I have communicated with the seller and waiting answer, but they seems pretty passive. Just promises to chek-out and reply soon.
    What can I do, any suggestions?
    Thanks for any help

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Startscreen showing a red car and a white wind mill indicates it's a GPS navigator based on a YF ( YF Technology, formerly Yuan Feng ) board. Really not a no-name product. Since 2002 YF have millions of GPS devices produced and worldwide sold...

Your 84H-3 7'' TFT Screen Windows ® CE. Net 6.0 Core Car GPS Navigator:

Start up problems mostly due to low battery condition. Rarely have to do with Windows CE / apps, unless you modded them ...

And: User is prompted to tap the stylus - not finger nail - at various points, indicated by a cross-hair cursor, on the screen before the target device is ready for first use.

YF TECHNOLOGY(HK) CO.,LTD
    Address:
    No.62 South Fumin Road, Dalang Town, Dongguan, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China (523780)

Tel:
    (86 769) 81238999 Ext : 5009

Fax:
    (86 769) 81238801

Homepage Address:

Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 24-04-15 at 01:47 AM.