Thread: Problems with gmail.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

Default Problems with gmail.

Thunderbird suddenly decided to stop receiving mail in the last few days. No, I have not changed anything. In fact, I even turned off all security for a time to test it. The Mozilla site instructs in how to rebuild the databases firstly by compacting, then deleting and re-building. Neither worked, so I thought, since I have it, and it is more "compatible" with my mobile devices, I shall return to M$ Outlook (2010). I've managed to set up my Bigpond account, and my Hotmail account, but nothing I try will convince it to talk to gmail. The automated process eventually falls over after attempting both secured and unsecured connections to the server forcing me to manually set them up. No problem, I went to the googlemail site and attempted to manually set up the servers. (I note, that they seem to have changed from mail.googlemail.com to mail.gmail.com but the ports etc seem to be the same) I have enabled bot POP and IMAP on the server but still cannot convince it to play ball.

Can anyone suggest what I may have missed, this is screwing with my head.

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

I've seen it fall over like this and it's waiting for an account reauthorisation, you get no notification of this when using 3rd party programs to pull mail, only in the web interface, over limit and mail stops as well