Thread: Chrome page/background colour??

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Default Chrome page/background colour??

Google chrome has decided it likes pink for a colour of page - every f'n page.

Can't for the life of me work this out to get rid of it bar uninstalling & reinstalling.

Have tried all the settings I can think of as well as changing themes & default theme, default settings.

But all I get is PINK
    or is it Apricot?

Edit; Only happens on my W8.1 PC, not Vista lappy??

Anyone got a suggestion, please??

Last edited by Tiny; 26-04-15 at 05:09 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Happened to me last year.Have you got NIVIDIA graphics on your computer.Go to settings and there is a seeting about 3D ,untick that.It worked for me,I was playing around with 3D and the same thing happened.Hope this helps.Good luck.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gulliver For This Useful Post:

admin (27-04-15),Tiny (26-04-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Looks pretty

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    Happened to me last year.Have you got NIVIDIA graphics on your computer.Go to settings and there is a seeting about 3D ,untick that.It worked for me,I was playing around with 3D and the same thing happened.Hope this helps.Good luck.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction gulliver.

If at first you don't succeed try, try again.

While you are positively correct about the 3D issue; I still couldn't find a setting in my NVIDiA control panel to solve the issue.

My version was missing it. So it isn't something I did, it was a conflict with G Chrome & NVIDIA that caused it.
    Did some searching using Chrome+Pink+NVIDIA & found the detail of the problem.
    Using Nvidia's Stereoscopic 3D feature turns Chrome pink. Users should disable this feature in Nvidia's control panel to restore normal functionality
    source;

Unfortunately as you can see below, my control panel didn't have the Stereoscopic 3D feature to disable.

So I updated my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 driver. That not only gave the Stereoscopic 3D option in the control panel (which I haven't touched), it fixed the issue just by installing the driver.
    After a blank screen & user initiated restart.

According to the following it is; "As with several problems with Google this one is also related to nVidia defaulting to 3D stereoscopic mode to on after every driver update."
    So can expect it to happen again, lucky us.
    Although that conflicts with what happened to me, updating the driver fixed the issue, so possibly NVIDIA have patched the drivers settings to better control Chrome.

Fix Google Chrome Pink Screen

After updating to the latest version of Google Chrome, 32.0.1700.76 in my case, my Chrome browser windows all looked pink. Here is how to get the browser back to normal.

As seen above Chrome has a pink / red hue to it and rebooting and clearing cache fixes nothing. As with several problems with Google this one is also related to nVidia defaulting to 3D stereoscopic mode to on after every driver update. Disable 3D in the nVidia control panel as seen here.

This must be done after each nVidia update. Once this is done restart (or start) Chrome and all will be well.
    source;
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

admin (27-04-15)