Thread: Neighbours

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Default Neighbours

Ok,
    Not wanting to hijack the 'housing commission' thread.

We moved into a brand new 3 bedroom townhouse, these townhouses had 2 joined together.
    For the first 2 years or so we had an excellent neighbour.
    She decided she wanted to move to Sydney and ended up swapping houses with a family from Doonside.

FMD ..... the new family moves in.
    I start counting 1,2,3,4,5 ......... 16 people!
    Yes 16 people in a 3 bedroom townhouse.
    I don't think they ever slept, there was always noise and music 24 hours a day.
    The kids would never go to school .. the local shops started getting broken into, the post office got robbed.
    Graffiti would get sprayed over garbage bins, mailboxes and anything that looked too clean.
    The residents of the estate made numerous complaints about these people, petitions were signed in an attempt to get rid of them.

Word had it that they were to be evicted on a particular day.
    What happens the night before they were due to be kicked? ....... the friggin house catches fire and destroys most of the top floor ...... they get relocated to a new house a few klms away.

Got rid of them I suppose.

They rebuild the house and the next guy moves in with his wife and young daughter.
    Great people .. even had a job.
    They stay a year or two and eventually move on elsewhere.

House stays empty for some months until an older couple and their son move in.
    They seem like a decent quiet couple and not like the mob from Sydney.

Pension day comes along ... the yelling and screaming starts, they piss up for days.
    I ask the son how often they get pissed like that and he tells me every pension day.
    Next pension day comes along and sure enough .. into the piss again.
    Pissed Wednesday
    Pissed Thursday
    Pissed Friday
    Pissed Saturday
    Half pissed Sunday
    All quiet untill next pension day and the cycle starts again.

The old woman would abuse the kids, she'd chase them down the street and push them off their bikes, she'd throw plant pots at the neighbours on the other side and abuse anyone who happened to be in viewing distance.

The cops would be there time and time again, she'd kick f*ck out of the truck on the odd occasion they'd take her away .. they even took her to be assessed in the psych hospital once lol.

One day the cops were called once again and she started pushing a police woman around.
    The cops got her quietened down and took her inside.
    My mate asked the police woman why she didn't arrest her and the police woman said 'we don't want her up their with us'

After 13 months it was time for us to move on ... onto the next lot of fools.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

what suburb is this in mate?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Not good to hear WhiteOx.

It sounds like she's got mental problems and the way the current health system works theres no fat chance she will be taken away and put in a straight jacket. Being assesed is just time to be sedated and released again.

I dont think you can do anything except for move yourself.

If it was a bloke doing this a decent kinghit normally does the trick.

Even if they gave her medication, if she didnt take it (as most do) there would be no difference, if she did she would be a half zombie. Anyone whos seen people with anger problems medicated know how soul destroying it is.

A difficult situation mate.

Thanks

Should have taken lots of video would have made a reality show even I would wotch

Thanks

xmas island is a good place to avoid

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

I know where WhiteOx lives, unfortunately the area's a bit of a magnet for desperate dickheads (not you, WO)

My own experience - a bloke from sydney bought an old Mine Manager's residence two doors down from me, turned it into a B&B. Immediately started complaining to all and sundry about me, saying I was driving his customers away by doing things like letting my kids ride go-karts and quads in the paddock between my place and his, having Harleys coming day and night, etc.. He called the council on me a dozen times in the first year, then tried to get a petition going amongst the locals, trying to make me behave myself.

Funny thing was, they all told him to f**k off; the houses around me have the lowest rate of break-ins etc in the postcode ... Might have something to do with every junkie & dickhead within miles knowing I'd throw them into moving traffic if they bother me or the two or three people I actually like on this planet. Now the idiot keeps to himself and leaves me alone.

The moral of the story? F**ked if I know, I don't got none myself...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Benosee View Post
    The moral of the story? F**ked if I know, I don't got none myself...
    ROFPMSL

I think the point is sometimes undesirables need to know who not to f**k with.

Unfortunatly this would not help WhiteOx in this case.
    When you combine a female with mental illness its a no-go zone IMHO.

In the case of the graffiti family id say yes.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Benosee View Post
    I know where WhiteOx lives, unfortunately the area's a bit of a magnet for desperate dickheads (not you, WO)
    Thanks mate.
    Actually .... that was when I lived at Kahibah.
    where I live now is quieter at least since they jailed one of the local smack dealers and somone else got his house.

Where I am now the house on one side is privately owned and the other is up for auction.
    The people who did live there had mental problems and lived with their 82 year old father, they moved the old man out into a unit and for some reason DOCS took the kids and the mental couple lost the house.
    When the contractors came to clean up the mess they filled a large skip with rubbish.