Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: PowerVu hacked

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Check this site out.I love it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-09-16),Guiseppe (04-10-16),Thala Dan (30-09-16),tristen (03-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Can someone please explain how auto roll basically work. Do you need your sat box that has auto roll connected to the internet?. Why do they have hundred of say powervu and biss keys in the sofcam file that the key is the same and they repeat themselves. Something here I don't understand and need to be educated on.
    You don't need internet connection.
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (30-09-16)

Thanks

Can someone please explain how auto roll basically work. Do you need your sat box that has auto roll connected to the internet?. Why do they have hundred of say powervu and biss keys in the sofcam file that the key is the same and they repeat themselves. Something here I don't understand and need to be educated on.

early firmware + power vu keys were entered manually and when they changed we had to re enter the new keys ...
    now latest firmware has auto roll which means when a key changes it automatically will update the key so we do nuthin :-) bit like having a legit subscription.
    and no internet needed the latest power vu patch emulator figures it all out for you in the receiver itself bit like a legit power vu box.
    now the hundreds of same keys I dont understand either I need educating on that one too :-)

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (30-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    early firmware + power vu keys were entered manually and when they changed we had to re enter the new keys ...
    now latest firmware has auto roll which means when a key changes it automatically will update the key so we do nuthin :-) bit like having a legit subscription.
    and no internet needed the latest power vu patch emulator figures it all out for you in the receiver itself bit like a legit power vu box.
    now the hundreds of same keys I dont understand either I need educating on that one too :-)
    I simply deleted all the powervu keys from my box. But save them first in case.
    IF EVOLUTION WORKS, WHY SO MANY IDIOTS?

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (30-09-16)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

[QUOTE=carjackma;714559
    now the hundreds of same keys I dont understand either I need educating on that one too :-)[/QUOTE]

Now you have groups of powervu keys around 20 of them as below in one group and you have plenty of groups. now I will remove the key as the admin my not like it but here we go
    (The Below just shows 3 of the 20 in this group and they are plenty of groups and the only thing different is the ProviderID in HEX. They all have the Index that is either 00 with one key and 01 with the other.

Converted Hex to Dec for the 3 provider id
    00A0=160
    00B0=176
    00C0=192

Arghhhh
    Index 00 is the active key
    Index 01 is the Next key

P 00A0 00 AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;
    P 00A0 01 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB ;
    P 00B0 00 AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;
    P 00B0 01 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB ;
    P 00C0 00 AAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;
    P 00C0 01 BBBBBBBBBBBBBB ;
    plenty more
    plenty more
    plenty more
    plenty more

The below is the last for this group only

P 12C0 00 XXXXXXXXXXXXX;
    P 12C0 01 YYYYYYYYYYYYY;

Now its time for another group with different keys in and different provider id's

So on
    so on
    So on.

I need to learn as this is good stimulation of my early signs of dementia.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 30-09-16 at 09:40 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

carjackma (05-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I simply deleted all the powervu keys from my box. But save them first in case.
    Yes Doing that but first I must find out why I can export the lot of them but can't import them back to the box.
    I can export them again and one second later I cannot re import them back even without touching anything. something not right here. will try different USB

Thanks

Ok I just got a message to update my V7 combo to the new firmware released yesterday . it now opens Xcrypt encrypted channels on Palapa . time to move the dish again

here is a link to the firmware in case anyone wants it.

Last edited by carjackma; 30-09-16 at 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot link

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Guiseppe (04-10-16),Mr 672A (30-09-16),Thala Dan (30-09-16),tristen (30-09-16)

Thanks

Ok I just got a message to update my V7 combo to the new firmware released yesterday . it now opens Xcrypt encrypted channels on Palapa . time to move the dish again

here is a link to the firmware in case anyone wants it.

So your box no doubt must be connected to the net to get the message to do a firmware update.?

Thanks

Smile

So your box no doubt must be connected to the net to get the message to do a firmware update.?
    No I should have worded better I received a email message from a friend in Indonesia who knew about the update. so I checked with the freest site

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (30-09-16)

Thanks

hope it worked

I loaded the firmware in my openbox x5 & copied the softcam which was in the zip file.Tried few powervu channels in 68.5 nothing is opening..I even left in few channels for few mins but still no go.. Not sure what i done incorrectly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmsani View Post
    I loaded the firmware in my openbox x5 & copied the softcam which was in the zip file.Tried few powervu channels in 68.5 nothing is opening..I even left in few channels for few mins but still no go.. Not sure what i done incorrectly.
    do me a favor go to a power vu channel and push info twice . let me know if you have (above the signal bars) powervu patch displayed.
    I took a few photos (ignore my workshop mess) to try and help. The pics are a bit dark but can see what I am trying to find out from your X5 box. just to make sure the firmware did update correctly.
    I've also included a new softcam file in case the one I gave was a dud.

also when it boots up does the logo say Alphabox ?
    Last edited by carjackma; 03-10-16 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks

do me a favor go to a power vu channel and push info twice . let me know if you have (above the signal bars) powervu patch displayed.
    I took a few photos (ignore my workshop mess) to try and help. The pics are a bit dark but can see what I am trying to find out from your X5 box. just to make sure the firmware did update correctly.
    I've also included a new softcam file in case the one I gave was a dud.

also when it boots up does the logo say Alphabox ?
    Thanks a lot carjackma..It does boot now with logo Alphabox & also s/w version same as the screenshot you have uploaded..I think issue is with 68.5 keys..I have tried your as well still not working..Good news is it does open 76.5..I need to find right keys for 68.5...Are you sure Openbox X5 auto rolls keys?

Thanks

No I am not 100 percent sure it autorolls I was told it does but ive only been using it for a few weeks . I prefer my freesat V7 combo as it needs no keys it just opens powerVu .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

No I am not 100 percent sure it autorolls I was told it does but ive only been using it for a few weeks . I prefer my freesat V7 combo as it needs no keys it just opens powerVu .
    I've been following the chatter on the Freesat forum for a while....seems to be a number of problems resulting from updating firmware, boxes not autorolling, fun and games doing RS232 flashing (including soldering to the motherboard in the now-absence of a RS232 connector) and the like.

All in all, one gets the impression of a box that is still a bit fragile.

How have you found the performance so far?

Tks.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

carjackma (05-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    I've been following the chatter on the Freesat forum for a while....seems to be a number of problems resulting from updating firmware, boxes not autorolling, fun and games doing RS232 flashing (including soldering to the motherboard in the now-absence of a RS232 connector) and the like.

All in all, one gets the impression of a box that is still a bit fragile.

How have you found the performance so far?

Tks.
    The Freesat V7 has been great I've had none of the issues others appear to be having. and it definitely auto rolls. I dont even need to have any keys it just opens the channels (some times takes a few minutes to id and open) but once it has done this once they then open quick. If you import a key file though it helps initially to open new channels quicker . All in all I am impressed with it after all its only $50 delivered when I bought it.
    I havent seen any freesats yet without a RS232 port I must have missed that somewhere what models ??
    As for the open box I dont know because it needs a initial key file to work as do some other boxes like my Matrix Burger . (but the Matrix Burger does auto roll as I have ever had to change any keys even after key changes) but the open box I flashed after the last round of key changes and havent been able to confirm auto roll or not yet.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

Saintaholic (17-08-17),Thala Dan (05-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmsani View Post
    Thanks a lot carjackma..It does boot now with logo Alphabox & also s/w version same as the screenshot you have uploaded..I think issue is with 68.5 keys..I have tried your as well still not working..Good news is it does open 76.5..I need to find right keys for 68.5...Are you sure Openbox X5 auto rolls keys?
    I have been informed that the X5 needs a initial key to open then will update automatically .( so i am told) I have only been using since the last key updates so I cant confirm yet.
    Ill pm you the latest info.

Thanks

The Freesat V7 has been great I've had none of the issues others appear to be having. and it definitely auto rolls. I dont even need to have any keys it just opens the channels (some times takes a few minutes to id and open) but once it has done this once they then open quick. If you import a key file though it helps initially to open new channels quicker . All in all I am impressed with it after all its only $50 delivered when I bought it.
    I havent seen any freesats yet without a RS232 port I must have missed that somewhere what models ??
    As for the open box I dont know because it needs a initial key file to work as do some other boxes like my Matrix Burger . (but the Matrix Burger does auto roll as I have ever had to change any keys even after key changes) but the open box I flashed after the last round of key changes and havent been able to confirm auto roll or not yet.
    Thanks for that....based on that I might give one a go.......around A$77 now delivered from Freesat, so still worth a play.

Apparently the RS232 connector has made way for "A/V Out" sockets........this quote from Feralkiwi on one of the freesat threads:

The early V7 Combo had a RS232 D9 connector on the back. The newer units do not.
    The only connection for RS232 is now on the circuit board inside the unit.
    You can see this if you hover over the picture of the V7 Combo at this link:

The V7 Max seems to still have a DB9 connector on the back if you hover over it's picture.

I might go for the Max....don't really need the terrestrial provision in the Combo...cheaper too

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks

Well, just did the deed.

Tried to order the V7 Max from the Freesat website, but when it came time to place and pay for the order Mr. Paypal politely suggested I might like to try some other way of paying.....even though Freesat had Paypal as a payment option.

Have been striking this quite a bit lately with some Chinese sellers.

Anyhow, ordered instead on eBay, Paypalled OK, and got it cheaper to boot.

Will report back once delivered and put through its paces.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

carjackma (05-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    Thanks for that....based on that I might give one a go.......around A$77 now delivered from Freesat, so still worth a play.

Apparently the RS232 connector has made way for "A/V Out" sockets........this quote from Feralkiwi on one of the freesat threads:

You can see this if you hover over the picture of the V7 Combo at this link:

The V7 Max seems to still have a DB9 connector on the back if you hover over it's picture.

I might go for the Max....don't really need the terrestrial provision in the Combo...cheaper too

Thanks for the feedback.
    Mine has the av sockets the rs232 on mine is under the RF out socket near the switch. its only the early one that has no rs232 all current ones do that must be a old pic on the freesat page. I bought mine from ali express didnt think about ebay.

Thanks

I have been informed that the X5 needs a initial key to open then will update automatically .( so i am told) I have only been using since the last key updates so I cant confirm yet.
    Ill pm you the latest info.
    Does anybody can provide me Tandberg Patch and PowerVu autoroll firmware for openbox X5.

• Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast