Thread: Erisin 798D 1-DIN Freezing problem, any new firmware/MCU/software info appreciated

Thanks

Default Erisin 798D 1-DIN Freezing problem, any new firmware/MCU/software info appreciated

Hello,
    My unit is ES798D, bought it 8 months ago. It has WinCE6.0, Samsung 2460 CPU, 128 ram, DVB-T.

"-" Problems:
    1.) Most of the time ES798D freezes in TV menu and in tv options settings. I have to turn-off/on radio.
    Really bad tv settings screen full of bugs. I think there must be some patch/upgrade out there but I cannot find any better solution?
    2.) I set timezone to "Belgrade, Ljubljana, ..." and time to 16:00 and after 5 minutes it is again 15:05 instead of 16:05?! After that I set the time AGAIN and I go home and come back to car ..same delay error in 1 hour and same problem. It is never constant.
    3.) Bluetooth doesn't work well with Galaxy S3, problem with audio-sound through microphone.
    4.) When I switch from USB to Bluetooth screen and from Bluetooth screen to SD etc. it FREEZES again most of the times (and I do this slowly just for information!).
    5.) Problem with Radio FM, sometimes screen is stucked on Radio, sound is ok but I cannot move anywhere from there. (so again it freezes on this screen).
    This happens "rarely" but it happens.
    6.) I see firmware is from 2012, August which is OLD.

Is there any PATCH or new firmware/MCU to be downloaded from somewhere for Erisin 798D 1DIN??
    I am tired of constant FREEZEing! I did RESET most of times and same problems with freezing and TV menu and settings not working as it should.
    When it works it is OK, but it's like only 3/10 times after I lose my nerves turning unit on/off

"+":
    Gps working OK with IGo primo and latest Here Q3 maps + pois.
    Put this in your sys.txt (found out it works even with port=2 baud=34800), but to be sure:
    [gps]
    port="auto"
    baud="auto"

USB:
    Working with my Transcend JetFlash 16Gb OK

SD Card:
    It accepts well 8Gb class 4 sdhc, class 4 sdhc-I. Format = Fat32 with "default allocation size" checked partition<--

DVD:
    Playing well I see no problem or lag of any kind.

Fazit/Conclusion:
    I don't like "freezeing" so much and I don't like that it doesn't have mp3 tags ...software oudated from year: 2012, menu could be better and bugfree.

Thank you for reading and any kind of help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMGals View Post
    Hello,
    My unit is ES798D, bought it 8 months ago. It has WinCE6.0, Samsung 2460 CPU, 128 ram, DVB-T.

"-" Problems:
    1.) Most of the time ES798D freezes in TV menu and in tv options settings. I have to turn-off/on radio.
    Really bad tv settings screen full of bugs. I think there must be some patch/upgrade out there but I cannot find any better solution?
    2.) I set timezone to "Belgrade, Ljubljana, ..." and time to 16:00 and after 5 minutes it is again 15:05 instead of 16:05?! After that I set the time AGAIN and I go home and come back to car ..same delay error in 1 hour and same problem. It is never constant.
    3.) Bluetooth doesn't work well with Galaxy S3, problem with audio-sound through microphone.
    4.) When I switch from USB to Bluetooth screen and from Bluetooth screen to SD etc. it FREEZES again most of the times (and I do this slowly just for information!).
    5.) Problem with Radio FM, sometimes screen is stucked on Radio, sound is ok but I cannot move anywhere from there. (so again it freezes on this screen).
    This happens "rarely" but it happens.
    6.) I see firmware is from 2012, August which is OLD.

Is there any PATCH or new firmware/MCU to be downloaded from somewhere for Erisin 798D 1DIN??
    I am tired of constant FREEZEing! I did RESET most of times and same problems with freezing and TV menu and settings not working as it should.
    When it works it is OK, but it's like only 3/10 times after I lose my nerves turning unit on/off

"+":
    Gps working OK with IGo primo and latest Here Q3 maps + pois.
    Put this in your sys.txt (found out it works even with port=2 baud=34800), but to be sure:
    [gps]
    port="auto"
    baud="auto"

USB:
    Working with my Transcend JetFlash 16Gb OK

SD Card:
    It accepts well 8Gb class 4 sdhc, class 4 sdhc-I. Format = Fat32 with "default allocation size" checked partition<--

DVD:
    Playing well I see no problem or lag of any kind.

Fazit/Conclusion:
    I don't like "freezeing" so much and I don't like that it doesn't have mp3 tags ...software oudated from year: 2012, menu could be better and bugfree.

Thank you for reading and any kind of help.
    [gps]
    port=2
    baud=38400

*** this works well with IGo Primo (just don't use too much of .poi of big countries because of low RAM!)
    ** Tested with IGo8 automatic detect the port and baud rate is for Erisin 798D correct

Video compression for Erisin 798D works with Format factory program "FREE" (with the next settings):
    FPS: 24
    Audio: MP3, 44100hz, 192kbps
    Video:
    702x4xx
    Aspect ratio: 16:9
    Bitrate: 2400kbps
    (Pan&Scan)
    XviD Mpeg-4 ...it will create .avi which you must change to "*.mp4".
    Subtitles: add default works ok