Thread: High-resolution channels are permanently shown as zoomed in (iClass 9595x PVR)

Thanks

Default High-resolution channels are permanently shown as zoomed in (iClass 9595x PVR)

Hi

My question is a completely general one, regardless of any particular channels or countries or satellites.

My rather old satellite receiver (iClass 9595x PVR) shows the full frame scope [every single pixel] of every usual channel. But when it comes to certain channels which broadcast at a high resolution, it fails to down-sample the frame to its own output resolution. Therefore, it only outputs a cropped center of the frame, resulting in a permanent zoomed-in view.

How to Fix it?

===================================
    Cause?

My rookie guess: Some channels broadcast at a specific resolution but report an incorrect resolution meta-data to the receiver. Therefore, the receiver outputs not all the frame but a smaller part of it (according to the resolution meta-data). (2) Perhaps such meta-data is already relayed to the receiver as one of those silly things (I mean symbol rate, etc.). Please help me solve this.

Additional info (please read before advising any suggestions)

Please note that (1) the digital zoom of my wide tv set is configured 100% correctly. This has absolutely nothing to do with the tv zoom option.

(2) I can trick the receiver to output the full frame of those bad channels by running its "tile" function which outputs 4 intact channels as 4 tiles side by side. So the receiver is already "receiving" all the pixels of a frame, and also it "can" down-sample each frame into its output, if it wants to. But when I set it to show a single channel at a time, it does not want to select the whole frame.

(3) I have tried many versions of my receiver's official software, and the problem persists.

(4)
    This is not channel-specific. Many channels have this problem (different satellites or transponders etc).

(5) All problematic channels are of high resolution.

(6) Not all high-resolution channels have this problem.

(7) There are high-res channels (like EuroNews) which were shown OK (100% of frame visible) before, but now are permanently zoomed in.

(8) This has nothing to do with the zoom option of my receiver. I have checked it for a thousand times and am sure it is set completely OK, and I am sure that the receiver thinks it is relaying 100% of the frame.

(9) A part of this problem happened when I first upgraded my receiver software from v 1.03 to v 13.0.

(10) However, there were channels that were problematic in this particular way, before any software changes.

(11) Also I rolled back the software to the original version and then did the factory reset. But the problem to the newly problematic channels persist.
    Last edited by GretaGarbo; 29-05-15 at 05:22 AM.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Try another receiver

Thanks

Explain what you mean by broadcast in high resolution?

How current is your firmware?

Which channels are affected?
    Please take a photo showing the issue.