Thread: Telstra T Gateway Tecchnicolor TG797nV3 and WLAN Repataers

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Telstra T Gateway Tecchnicolor TG797nV3 and WLAN Repataers

My nephew has one of these Telstra T Gateway Tecchnicolor TG797nV3 WLAN modems for their NBN service ... there is a spare unit also on site... is it possible to hook the second one up as a WLAN repeater?... (they have one side of the house furtherst away that does not get reception)

My thoughts are that this is not possible, is there a simple WLAN repeater unit somebody can advise recommend from experience ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

You can buy a WiFi repeater from Dicksmith or Jaycar or just about any store that sells computers and home networking gear for less than $130. I use a D-Link repeater which is the size of a large plug pack. I stick it into the powerpoint and turn it on and it automatically extends the range of my WiFi as a repeater node. There are limits on how far they will work and generally most of them can only be daisy chained up to three along, which may or may not work for you, depending on how far it is and the device you are trying to connect it may prove more economical to run a CAT6 cable which will set you back somewhere around $0.50 - $0.95 per meter.

Thanks

I threw my thechnicolor modem in the bin... But I don't think it would be capable of being used as the wifi repeater - telstra had mine locked down and the wifi signal was crap at best anyway.