Thread: Missing In Action

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Missing In Action

Just a note to say that I haven't been active on the site much over the last 4 weeks due to dealing with an issue for a relative. It hasn't been much fun, is taking a lot of my time and will hopefully conclude in the next week or possibly 2. Unfortunately I just don't have any time to do anything on the site until then.

If you have an important issue, please contact a moderator for assistance rather than contacting me directly if possible.

Thanks
    Admin

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Tiny (17-06-15)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks

I havent been able to spend a great deal of time on the site lately. In a nutshell, I can only spend X amount of time on computers without painkillers. I hate taking painkillers and am trying to take less for my own health , but this means I spend less time on here. I will have to try and find some sort of middle ground. Unfortunately changing dosages of opioid painkillers is as much fun as giving up heroin and side effects are not pleasant and can put me out of action worst than my back and neck injuries. But anyway, I will have to sit down and have a bit of a ponder about how I can best try and get the best of both worlds. I find it very frustrating at times.

We will have another giveaway shortly, our friends at Gearbest are keen for another round which is great. My apologies to them, they are keen to get something regular happening with us but with my issues I haven't been able to commit to anything regular. But even if we can get something happening semi regularly, that should keep everyone happy. Gearbest have a great range of tech gear and its a win-win situation for members. Its been great to be able to give some prizes out to members, many of which have been pretty stoked at winning a prize. Several have said they have never won anything in their life, the odds of winning something are excellent with our giveaways so make sure that you are on our mailing list.

I would like to thank Austech's moderators for keeping things on track when I am not here. Its a relief in all honesty that I know that these guys can and do keep things on track when I take a bit of extended leave, so a big thanks, particularly to WhiteOx as co-administrator and senior moderators such as MTV, enf, shagga66, Tomahawk - keeping the forum free of spam and scam posts as well as general moderating. As you know, we do give members a fair bit of freedom of expression on Austech and that's something I am proud that we do. Australia unfortunately is becoming a place where you can only have an opinion if its the noisy minority politically correct opinion, whereas we encourage everyone to have an opinion as long as its presented in an objective manner.

Well done guys and thanks again.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (01-08-15),Tiny (01-08-15),VroomVroom (02-08-15)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

The woman across the road from me needed hospitalisation to get off Oxy - I hope you don't have to go down that road.
    Good Luck.

Administrator
    Thanks

I have been off them once before, but unfortunately I couldn't do a great deal at all and was spending too much time bed ridden. As much as I hate taking them I cant not take them because I wont be able to do half things I can do now. It comes down to trying to find a compromise, I am only taking 1/3 of the amount that I was taking 2 years ago these days, but on this amount I cant do a great deal of things such as spend longer periods on a computer as an example. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't unfortunately but you just have to battle on and draw a line somewhere in the middle

Anyway, thanks for keeping things on track. I have only dropped in once or twice in the last month but someone still managed to threaten to sue me

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (05-08-15)