Thread: Navman not being recognised by windows 8

Thanks

Default Navman not being recognised by windows 8

I have just got a Navman My Truck and it isn't recognized by Navdesk program running on computer with Windows 8. The USB Storage device is recognized just nothing in Navdesk for the device.

I have tried it on Windows 7 computer and it works fine.

When I contacted Navman support they said it has to be a security setting on the computer, but I can't find anything else.
    Any ideas?

I have tried:
    - Dissabling Antivirus/Firewall, Windows Firewall, User Account Control.
    - Re-installing latest version of Navdesk
    - Installing updates/files from Navman support FAQ
    - Even tried other USB ports
    - Updated files listed in FAQ (vcredist_x64.exe, vcredist2005_x64.exe, dotnetfx35.exe, NDP35SP1-KB958484-x64, NDP20SP2-KB958481-x64)

Any help would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 607 Posts

Seems to be a USB problem, which often happens especially if on Windows PC you use the same USB-port with different devices ( Navman, camera, etc, pp).

Do you get an error message, and if, what's the exact error message you are getting, and when do you get this message?

Is the unit recognized in PC's "Devices and Printers" as a Microsoft Mass Storage Product (without yellow exclamation point, of course)?

Do you use USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

See also here:

And also here:

EDIT:

You always could try as following in Windows 8/8.1 in hope to get rid of this:

Disconnect your Navman from PC,
    remove all USB devices in Device Manager ( I think it will be best if you uninstall all USB devices),
    power off PC,
    wait some seconds,
    power on PC,
    if PC completely has booted, connect your Navman to PC, and press Navman's power button for 2 seconds to turn on your Navman,
    on Navman select the Computer option from the pop-up message screen.

Windows will register the Navman and install and load the correct USB-driver.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 26-06-15 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

I have had problems with Navdesk on windows Vista and Win8 before and could never get any meaningful help from Navman help line. I have tried reinstalling the software and eventually have got it working, most of the time. Sometimes the device is not recognised at all, then other times it seems to work fine. That's for 2 different Navman units too, a my750? I think was the old one, and my current MyEscape II. That combined with the frequent lockups the units seem to have when using routing functions, makes me think I'll probably try a different brand next time.

Thanks

Hi jwoegerbauer,
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Navdesk several times and I think even (but not sure) the usb device. The Navman is recognized as a mass storage device fine with no error messages, i can navigate to it ok, just doesn't come up in Navdesk.

The laptop has USB 2 and 3.

Thanks for the suggestion of removing all usb devices I give it a try latter.
    Navman Mytruck
    Navdesk 7.5

• The Following User Says Thank You to charles24 For This Useful Post:

jwoegerbauer (06-07-15)