What the hell are you babbling on about? You sure are living up to your username!

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
My Connection:

The "NTD" was installed by a NBN Contractor only after contacting Optus, (Typical Process) The NBN Contractor then run the fibre to where i wanted the internal Box and installed the NTD
Yep, what I said. Don't disagree.

The Wifi Router was also supplied by Optus and definitely NOT SUBSIDISED BY YOU (don't know where you get that Nonsense) I believe that's what the monthly fee i pay is for. (my choice)
Well if you go with a provider that gives away "free" modems to everyone then the plan fees are going to be dearer than if they didn't aren't they? Sounds like you fell for the oldest trick in the book! Surprised you didn't go with Telstra and jump on the T-Box bandwagon.

Hooking the phone directly to the NTD does not work with the Optus setup, only works with the supplied router. (phone jack) (or any other router with a phone jack)(or do something similar as you mentioned i guess)
Not sure what that has to do with anything. Loopyloo went with Exetel and hence isn't restricted to "free" hardware just so he can use the phone service.

I personally have not hooked a computer directly to the NTD to see if it will or won't work without the router as I'm just not interested.
Irrelevant.

The router supplied by Optus i don't really need as i have no real need for a landline and i prefer to use my dual band router at 1900mbs over 2ghz 300mbs any day. (so i have them both on the network regardless)
Thanks for clarifying my point.

The way i look at it, if you choose a provider they should supply all the necessary equipment to get you up and running (with ease) (for the lame computer user) (which is generally the majority NOT the minority)

you should NOT have to go out and purchase additional hardware to make the connection for the phone and computer to the NTD or any other method when your paying an access fee in my view.
Having installed over 200 fibre and fixed wireless connections, from my experience that when you interact with a customer and explain things, they will almost never ever choose a provider modem.