Thread: Teasi One problem after firmware update

Thanks

Default Teasi One problem after firmware update

The device is Teasi One bicycle navigation
    After trying to update the firmware the device is bricked. And the manufacturer wants too much for repair, though it is not my fault.And I know that I am not the only one who had such a problem.
    I know that e.g. some Chinese dash cameras can be bricked after loading wrong firmware. And there are solutions to unbrick them. I have a copy od the old (good working) firmware. Perhaps it could be loaded from a memory card?
    Resetting the navigation did not give any results.
    The Navi OS is Windows CE
    When I connect the navi to PC 2 new disks appear, but when I click on their icons the message "There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive" (WIndows XP)
    I copied the old firmware from one of these disks before (internal memory)
    Resetting the navigationy by pressing Power buttor for 20 seconds, recommended by the manufacturer, do not solve the problem.
    Could anyone help?
    Last edited by Thomass; 24-06-15 at 10:42 PM.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomass View Post
    The Navi OS is Windows CE

Resetting the navigationy by pressing Power buttor for 20 seconds, recommended by the manufacturer, do not solve the problem.
    AFAIK, A-Rival isn't a Chinese brand, but a German one (Baros GmbH ?). Maybe they let produce their devices in China though.

Your TEASI One is running Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core. Hence the "manufacturer" definitely told you nonsense: A device running Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core can't be hard-reset, as this was possible with former Windows CE 5.0 units.

FYI: The registry of Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core is file-based, it's not in ROM. So if something corrupted the registry, you probably have lost, unless you have a complete backup of Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core including it's registry.

IIRC, TEASI (A-Rival) provide a tool with which TEASI models can be updated/upgraded. This Windows PC program also allows you to play-back a backup you have made.

Note that your TEASI One's USB-mode always must be set to Mass-Storage mode, not ActiveSync mode.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 25-06-15 at 02:28 AM. Reason: typos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    AFAIK, A-Rival isn't a Chinese brand, but a German one (Baros GmbH ?). Maybe they let produce their devices in China though.

Your TEASI One is running Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core. Hence the "manufacturer" definitely told you nonsense: A device running Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core can't be hard-reset, as this was possible with former Windows CE 5.0 units.

FYI: The registry of Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core is file-based, it's not in ROM. So if something corrupted the registry, you probably have lost, unless you have a complete backup of Windows CE .Net 6.0 Core including it's registry.

IIRC, TEASI (A-Rival) provide a tool with which TEASI models can be updated/upgraded. This Windows PC program also allows you to play-back a backup you have made.

Note that your TEASI One's USB-mode always must be set to Mass-Storage mode, not ActiveSync mode.

Thank you very much . But i have tried to use Teasi Tool. This software does not recognize the Navigation.
    Windows CE Net 6.0 Core can be downloaded . But how to load it to the navigation?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thomass View Post
    But i have tried to use Teasi Tool. This software does not recognize the Navigation.
    Seems you have a USB-port problem.

Either technical cause (wrong type of or defective USB-cable) or wrong USB-mode on TEASI side selected or USB-driver on TEASI side not loaded (CE's registry corrupted).

Again: TEASI One's USB-mode must be set to Mass-Storage mode, not ActiveSync mode, in order to TEASI Tools will work. Consult user guide!
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 25-06-15 at 11:42 PM.