Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Member Welfare

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    I remember when i was 17 and doing my HSC, my dad and his mates were having a serious talking about the pressures kids go through during exams and how some turn to suicide.

Dad turned to me and asked what id do if i got bad results, my reply was to get the 22 semi auto out and shoot the teachers for being crap.

Dad turned back to his friends and says, "See? Hes OK, ive got nothing to worry about".
    That made me think of a funny story, its off topic but similar in a way......

A mate of mine (I havent seen in many years) had some problems at school when he was a kid in grade 6, circa late 70's early 80's.

After a dispute with his teacher about home work, the teacher wanted to give him the strap, he wasnt keen at all and ran home. His mum wasnt home (single parent) but his brother was. His brother , an absolute mad man career criminal recently released from jail for rape and armed robbery, stormed down to the school, kicked the door off the hinges, picked the teacher up by the throat and slammed him on his back on a desk and said "If you ever touch my brother I will kill you, got it ?"

The teacher got it and my mate never had another problem at school.

His brother got put on permanent heavy medication and was generally quiet as a mouse after that, unless you went near his food while he was eating

2. The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (29-10-15)

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

More off topic posts...

I knew a guy who was psychotic, he told me if I ever had problems with anyone to let him know and he'd stop taking his pills for a few days and go sort them out.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (29-10-15)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    More off topic posts...

I knew a guy who was psychotic, he told me if I ever had problems with anyone to let him know and he'd stop taking his pills for a few days and go sort them out.
    #### mate, I told you not to tell anyone that

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

enf (29-10-15),Godzilla (29-10-15),irritant (21-06-17),Learjet (29-10-15),puca (11-11-15),Tiny (29-10-15),WhiteOx (29-10-15)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

I remember when i was 17 and doing my HSC, my dad and his mates were having a serious talking about the pressures kids go through during exams and how some turn to suicide.

Dad turned to me and asked what id do if i got bad results, my reply was to get the 22 semi auto out and shoot the teachers for being crap.

Dad turned back to his friends and says, "See? Hes OK, ive got nothing to worry about".
    Sounds more like today's average US American school kid who was taught how to execute his constitutional rights by his dad.

Would fit more in the 'Maths Test' thread
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (29-10-15)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,100 Times in 9,097 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    Sounds more like today's average US American school kid who was taught how to execute his constitutional rights by his dad.

Would fit more in the 'Maths Test' thread
    .22 semi auto? No self respecting septic gun nut would settle things for a pea shooter like that.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    .22 semi auto? No self respecting septic gun nut would settle things for a pea shooter like that.
    Um...the best thing to use for a close range assassination...... the most damage made because when it enters the skull (or body cavity) it wont pass through the other end and just bounces around tearing organs (or brains) to shreds and not very loud.

Yep, dont ask how i learnt that one. (thanks to my dads lessons in life which included choosing the right caliber for the job at hand)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

crap! its the only thing to use.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mango For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (29-10-15)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Bullsh*t...the assertion was that it was a yank...nothing but the biggest caliber and highest cyclic rate available would do.

You two are thinking like Australians.

For an American, true happiness is a belt fed weapon.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (30-10-15),Godzilla (29-10-15),lsemmens (29-10-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

You two are thinking like Australians.
    Nah, thinking like Mossard, its their favorite caliber for agents for a reason at point blank range (when they send their agents out to exterminate).

Leave the big loud fast repeating guns to the ones that want to draw attention to themselves. (like most loud Americans)

Mossard (and many other countries secrete agents) like to use .22 caliber for many close work reasons, small and easy to conceal, light, takes more rounds for the same given space in the magazine, quiet (to the degree that many normal people wont recognize the sound as real gunfire on a busy city street), even quieter with a silencer, no or less exit wounds, more chance to frag or bounce around when inside tearing things apart, its disadvantages are usually compensated for by professionals by using 2 shots (first to drop them, usually the second to the head once the person is down just to make sure).

Most would think bigger is better, but at close range assassinations its not always the case.......most jobs need a little finesse and surgical application of the bullet while being discrete rather than brute load power telling the worlds whats going on.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Nah, thinking like Mossard, its their favorite caliber for agents for a reason at point blank range (when they send their agents out to exterminate).

Leave the big loud fast repeating guns to the ones that want to draw attention to themselves. (like most loud Americans)

Mossard (and many other countries secrete agents) like to use .22 caliber for many close work reasons, small and easy to conceal, light, takes more rounds for the same given space in the magazine, quiet (to the degree that many normal people wont recognize the sound as real gunfire on a busy city street), even quieter with a silencer, no or less exit wounds, more chance to frag or bounce around when inside tearing things apart, its disadvantages are usually compensated for by professionals by using 2 shots (first to drop them, usually the second to the head once the person is down just to make sure).

Most would think bigger is better, but at close range assassinations its not always the case.......most jobs need a little finesse and surgical application of the bullet while being discrete rather than brute load power telling the worlds whats going on.
    Hmmm...again, a Balkan assessment. If I ever get you to do work on my car, I'd better not forget to pay the bill.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (30-10-15)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Speaking of a 'Balkan Solution' to enf's comment on a 'Balkan Assessment', it appears Ian Fleming based on his knowledge and involvement in covert activities during WW2 had James Bond carry a Beretta (dont know the calibre) but this was replaced with a Walther PPK as I gather it was more powerfull
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Speaking of a 'Balkan Solution' to enf's comment on a 'Balkan Assessment', it appears Ian Fleming based on his knowledge and involvement in covert activities during WW2 had James Bond carry a Beretta (dont know the calibre) but this was replaced with a Walther PPK as I gather it was more powerfull
    Beretta 418 .25 cal.

Walther PPK .32 cal.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (10-11-15)

Thanks

One member I haven't seen posting for some time is Chieflets, missing his recipes. Anyone knows him personally?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony54 View Post
    One member I haven't seen posting for some time is Chieflets, missing his recipes. Anyone knows him personally?
    He is probably still here under his new username, but he went over to Freaktab to play Android and Kodi.

I was also going to add Mr 672A, but i he see he still logs in and posted not long ago.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-02-16 at 08:09 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Another member MIA for a while is weirdo....I can't even find him in the members list.

Has he woken up and realised what a bunch of arseh#les we are.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think he vented a bit much at the Mods in a thread of mine.
    Not sure what he outcome was, but his name is in "blue" now.

We all have our days, and i think it is a shame if he has gone, he was a great contributor and had a good sense of humour.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (24-02-16)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,476 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    Another member MIA for a while is weirdo....I can't even find him in the members list.

Has he woken up and realised what a bunch of arseh#les we are.
    Weirdo is fine and you got your last comment spot on

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    I think he vented a bit much at the Mods in a thread of mine.
    Not sure what he outcome was, but his name is in "blue" now.
    Names in blue just indicates non-premium membership.... the same as your name.

He's not banned.

Last visited the site under the user name of Chieflets on 20 August 2015

Premium Member
    Thanks

oh, well whatever colour this is then?

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Weirdo is fine and you got your last comment spot on
    Yeah he took his bat and ball home after some of the crude comments he made in his posts were removed.

Weirdo was one of our more 'vocal members' when it came to reporting other people's posts but took offense to when others had an issue with some of his own.
    Say's a lot about him really.

• Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast